Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 06-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #161
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
After turning around, I went back to the fork and took the right fork to Fall River Reservoir. Made it to just below the reservoir and had to hike the last 1/4 mile to the res. A few big drifts blocked the last bit. The lake still had a bit of ice left on it, I fished for a bit and then headed up towards Loch Lommond.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #162
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
damn you guys been busy!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #163
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loch Lommond trail is in the sun facing side, so I made it to the seasonal gate (opens 7/15) right at 11,000 feet. Even if it was open, there were 20' drifts on the trail a few hundred feet further, so that was where I stopped and hiked the last mile to the lake, postholing in a few spots but most of the snow was still pretty solid.

Heading up the trail:

Lookng over towards Mt Evans:

The Loch:

Sweet ice crystal formation thing:

Trail under here somewhere:

Mandatory posing shot:

Old 06-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #164
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
damn you guys been busy!
Yup! Gotta make the most of summer, I try to get out and do something just about every day!

As for the fishing, I spent a total of maybe 30 minutes at both lakes and hooked one at Lommond but it popped off at the shore.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #165
Haaann
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
have to back down the trail in the snow or slide off of the shelf road, which you can see in the above pics someone came close to doing.

Was the scene on Sat so took other trail like you did to camp for the night.
Attached Thumbnails
Colorado Trip Reports-0609131023.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #166
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Was the scene on Sat so took other trail like you did to camp for the night.
Nice! That was my first time up there, cool area for being so close to town.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #167
Runner

Tried to hit up MSV and Coney Flats for "opening day", but was met with a locked gate, campground host said the forest service was going to come back on the 29th to reassess.

So, headed over to T-33A, which I had previously attempted 2 other times and turned around for one reason or another. Shit ton of traffic on the trail which is a PITA on a narrow out and back trail in the woods like that, but there were enough pullouts that it was manageable. On the way down a group of jeeps were ahead of me and the guy in front was stopping to spot and stack rocks on every little obstacle making it take forever. I think there were about 15 vehicles worth of traffic including myself, ATVs, side by side and a pile of jeeps. Dudes never pulled over to let everyone pass in the spots where it would have been easy, and finally they were stopped stacking rocks in a section where everyone could get around, and just totally clueless. Oh well.

I did see a completely stock DCSB taco up there on stock Bridgestone tires and gave the guy mad props, not a super hard trail, but a full stock truck making up there was surprising. He was at the spot in the pic below, which is one of the more challenging spots. A few pics.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #168
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea that trail must have been annoying as fuck with that many people on it!

definitely not much room to get around there...that's where i got my first bedside dent..wet rock, off camber, next to a tree..slip, bang!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #169
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yea that trail must have been annoying as fuck with that many people on it!

definitely not much room to get around there...that's where i got my first bedside dent..wet rock, off camber, next to a tree..slip, bang!
Yeah, I remember you posting about that before. That section was a lot easier than I remembered it, I turned around there my last try because there was some ice and snow in the turn there. I was actually most concerned with the tight trees right at the end before the crash site, I wanted to get a pic of the squeeze, but never did.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #170
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea i had to do a 3-5 point turn through one section there in the trees by the crash
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #171
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
6/15/13 - Slaughterhouse Gulch
Made a trip out with a buddy of mine and had a blast!

Quick posing shots on a rock just off of the trail:

There was a really long, steep, silty, rocky climb that my buddy and I were checking out. I'm pretty far up to the top on the right side, that's my buddy on the left:

Picture of the trucks from the bottom of the climb:

Towards the top of the climb:

Random wheeling shots:

Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #172
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
God I miss the mountains.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #173
Runner

Ran Barbour Fork last night after work with a co-worker that drove out from Tennessee for a week long trip. No pics, but the trail was in great shape and makes for a nice after work loop pretty close to town. I was wanting to go check out Cascade Creek area afterwards, but we got a late start so just did the loop and bailed.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #174
Brrap634 is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Brrap634's Tacoma Gallery
TW Run 6/23/13

Old 06-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #175

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #176
Haaann
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet pics Terry!

hope you don't mind if I use a couple
Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Sweet pics Terry!

hope you don't mind if I use a couple
Not at all, there are some good ones of your truck!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #178

Here is another one for you