Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Feb 16th Reno mod day

Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Extened 5100s or regular?
Regular
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #42
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of backordered... the u-bolts I use for the flip kits were out of stock and backordered. Should be in in a week though, so just in time for mod-day. :sighofrelief:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #43
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why are you swapping them Matt? With a shaft extender like toytec sells, you'd have IMO the best budget flex rear setup for the 05+. If you're going OME, they wont give as much flex as the 5100 setup

Just to clarify, these are stock style 5100's on the rear, not the ones with the stud-eye adapter, correct?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #44
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
With a shaft extender like toytec sells, you'd have IMO the best budget flex rear setup for the 05+.
I could use the 5100 shaft extenders if anyone is ordering from Toytec.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I could use the 5100 shaft extenders if anyone is ordering from Toytec.
I might be picking up some front 5100's and eibach's for my 4runner in the not too distant future....
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #46
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I might be picking up some front 5100's and eibach's for my 4runner in the not too distant future....
If you could order them for me when you order I'll pay you back when I pick them up. Extenders with 1.5 thread for aftermarket Bilstein 5100s also available, select from options below
Old 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #47
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why are you swapping them Matt? With a shaft extender like toytec sells, you'd have IMO the best budget flex rear setup for the 05+. If you're going OME, they wont give as much flex as the 5100 setup

Just to clarify, these are stock style 5100's on the rear, not the ones with the stud-eye adapter, correct?
Well thats good to know. I just got off the phone with Wheelers and the OME 60091 are on backorder so I didn't get them, just told them to hit me up when they are back in stock. I was going to throw them on with the Dakars but now that you mention this maybe I'll stick with the 5100s.

What y'all think?

edit: yes, these are the stock 5100s
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Well thats good to know. I just got off the phone with Wheelers and the OME 60091 are on backorder so I didn't get them, just told them to hit me up when they are back in stock. I was going to throw them on with the Dakars but now that you mention this maybe I'll stick with the 5100s.

What y'all think?

edit: yes, these are the stock 5100s
I think do the toytec shaft extenders and call it a day.

Oh, and a set of these to compliment the new rear with u-bolt flip
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...prod=KU09037BK

You and sloan should go in and order 2 sets and split the shipping cost.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #50
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Summit racing carries some energy stuff too.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...ion-bump-stops

Also I ended up canceling the 5100s from dsm and picked up some Icon 2.0 Resi rear shocks for 2.5" of lift. Still too late for mod day, oh well
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #51

yeah but summit is more expensive, and I think out of stock
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #52

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You're talking about these bad boys w/ the 1.5 thread, yes?

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 02-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #53

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Sloan - you want in on a pair of bumpstops?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #54

Quote:
You're talking about these bad boys w/ the 1.5 thread, yes?

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
yep yep!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #55

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep yep!
Thanks for the help Eric!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #56
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sloan - you want in on a pair of bumpstops?
Sounds good to me.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #57

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Sounds good to me.
OK, I'll order them tomorrow AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
Petrol head

Hey eric, would it possible to have them welded on the flip kit?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Hey eric, would it possible to have them welded on the flip kit?
No, you'll want to bolt them through the bump pad on the frame and have them bump off the u bolt flip plate
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #60
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
We should set up another "mod" day, but just to have everyone come over and build the KOC rig and drink beer.