Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Feb 16th Reno mod day

Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Feb 16th Reno mod day

OK guys, so Feb 16th mod day at my shop.

Lets all meet up at the shop at around 10am, and we'll start throwing stuff on trucks!
This is also the official grand opening day for the new Sparks NV 4 wheel parts store right down the street and they're planning food, events, and maybe even some prizes so we'll head over there at some point as well!

How about we start a list of people planning to attend and the mod's they're wanting to get done...

1. Kolt(my shop help) Tundra 2.5" lift
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
In as a maybe till the day gets closer, just a helper.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Saturdays don't work for me, but I don't need any mods done (except my sliders welded on).
I'll post this here as well as Reno BS & 775 Tacos threads.
Free to a good home 2nd Gen ('05-'11) Silver front bumper & chrome rear bumper.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
2. la0d0g - maybe t-case skid install there to help and hang
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
3. Chris- help/hang out
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
3. Chris- help/hang out
4. blake5995 - Maybe if i have my engine back in... hang out and align front end
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow, I thought there would be a lot more mods planned! Anyone else local need to do some mods? I've got a shop full of tools....
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Wow, I thought there would be a lot more mods planned! Anyone else local need to do some mods? I've got a shop full of tools....
How about we do my 886s, dakars, and TC UCAs?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #10

If we have a good spring compressor on hand that would probably be doable.
I think Kolt may have a line on one for doing his tundra coilovers.
If we end up doing it all, you should probably get new u-bolts(or just do one of my flip kits) so we can cut the old ones off and not have to deal with corrosion, and just because U-bolts are supposed to be a single use deal.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #11

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
PM me price of flipkit please. Couldn't find it on your site or products thread.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
If I bought a new muffler would we be able to cut and weld piping? Thinking of doing a flowmaster and a new tip
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
PM me price of flipkit please. Couldn't find it on your site or products thread.
Incoming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
If I bought a new muffler would we be able to cut and weld piping? Thinking of doing a flowmaster and a new tip
Yes, as long as we re-use the old tube, or you bring the necessary new parts/tube I can. I've done my own exhaust on 3 rigs now. I'm a fan of a dumped flowmaster on my rigs
Just throw in a few $$ for welding consumables and I'm happy to do it.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

90* turndown right after the muffler FTW.

Flowmasters are for bros.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Incoming!

Yes, as long as we re-use the old tube, or you bring the necessary new parts/tube I can. I've done my own exhaust on 3 rigs now. I'm a fan of a dumped flowmaster on my rigs
Just throw in a few $$ for welding consumables and I'm happy to do it.
so 2.5 inlet, and and a 90* out to dump it? i think im going to get a 50 series flowmaster from summit..
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #16

Oh and i'm in. got the day off
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
so 2.5 inlet, and and a 90* out to dump it? i think im going to get a 50 series flowmaster from summit..
Summit has a small diameter 90* mandrel bent elbow I used as a turndown on both my trucks for cheap. Pretty sure this is the one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-41002/overview/

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Summit has a small diameter 90* mandrel bent elbow I used as a turndown on both my trucks for cheap. Pretty sure this is the one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-41002/overview/

Yup, that looks like what i'll do. any thoughts on rotating the outlet to the side about 45* or is straight down the way to go?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
90* turndown right after the muffler FTW.

Flowmasters are for bros.

I'm thinking about cutting up my truck's exhaust, gutting the rear cat, and installing a 13" Magnaflow since I'm getting a rattle I can only assume to be a cat breaking up, or a loose delta in my FM delta 40.
Quote:
Yep, that should do! We can also hack apart the stock exhaust and re-use the bent tube for the turn down. Did that on my 4runner and worked fine, but a new chunk of bent tube probably isnt very expensive either.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Yup, that looks like what i'll do. any thoughts on rotating the outlet to the side about 45* or is straight down the way to go?
I'd dump straight down, otherwise it's pointed either at the diff or at a tire. Plus straight down has the exhaust echo off the ground and gives a deeper tone in my experience.