Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Moab, self guided roads for family?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
ElrayoX is on a distinguished road
ElrayoX's Tacoma Gallery
Moab, self guided roads for family?

Hey guys, I'll be in Moab in March for a bicycle event, but I want to do some light 4wd in our 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab....any suggested roads/areas?
I'll have my family with 5 yr old daughter, 8 yr old son, and my wife, so fairly mellow roads are in order. I've been in the dirt for a long time, but they haven't.

thanks ahead of time>

Nathan
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
ElrayoX's Tacoma Gallery
I see that there is a separate section for Moab......oops! I should be able to find answers to these answers there
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
ElrayoX's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Trail Damage, anything with a 3 or less rating should be pretty tame and good for you:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
ElrayoX's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, that's a great resource. I only wish there were better trail-location info, but I'll spend some time on the site and get a selection. Thanks a lot, Nathan
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the map and you can see where the trailhead a are.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the trail "gemini bridges" its a pretty decent road, at the first of it you kind of go along a little bit of a ledge overlooking the highway. then you go down into a nice sandy area, then you head up along a little bit rougher road. Which brings you to a couple bridges/arches.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Schaffer (sp?) Rd is a must, nothing difficult, I did it in BluTaco ('07 Prerunner). West side of the Colorado River and a little south of the city. The up run is my favorite. Awesome views!