1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Golden! Golden! Golden!

Discussion in 'South West' started by gotwood4sale, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mar 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.
    Cracked windshield, custom waste bag hung on back of passenger seat (plastic Kroger® shopping bag), St. Peter's pits (hail damage).

The adventure to land our first Tacoma has me whistlin' an ol' Frankie Laine song in my head...

Golden! Golden! Golden!

Keep dialin', dialin', dialin',
    In my hopes of buyin',
    Keep ten digits dialin' My Ride!
    Don't try to underhand 'em,
    Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
    Soon I'll be driving high and wide.
    Boy my heart's calculatin'
    My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the edge of the pine.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
    Head 'em up, move 'em out,
    Move 'em on, head 'em out My Ride!
    Set 'em out, ride 'em in
    Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
    Cut 'em out, ride 'em in My Ride!

Messing with lyrics I can do. Don't ask me to sing. And dancing? Forget it.

Although...I'd dance an Irish jig of sorts if someone can help me reel in the Tacoma that meets all of our needs in Golden, CO. If I get to whirlin' stand back a bit. I wouldn't want to adorn you with shards of corned beef & cabbage as it may fly off my plate. This time of year, laden with a St. Patrick's Day bounty, I never loosen my grip on my plate!

Here's the deal. We need to buy a famously reliable and stylish Tacoma double cab to carry a bit of equipment for a new business that we're starting up and, God willing, to haul around prospective grandkids.

Since we live in the Chicago area I would normally cast my net around the Midwest to find something to buy, but because of the various highway departments' widespread use of road salt in the winters we refuse to buy a corroded 'Body by Morton®'. I've been casting our bait to the South and to the West.

I've become dizzy from my daily flights on Craigslist, but my newly acquired piloting skills have me on a flight path to land a double cab in the lucky 'Pot o' Golden'. It suits our needs perfectly and it's a good deal.

I've talked with the seller and I'm quite sure his Tacoma is everything he has stated in his ad. But because I'm not in the regions I've been checking on I can not get out quickly to inspect the Tacomas we've had an interest in. More than a few good deals have broken our line and swam away. We'd like to reel one in for good, but I will not buy a Tacoma sight unseen no matter how tempting it may be.

That's where I need your help. Is there a saint, Patrick or otherwise, that would be willing to help us out by using your trained Tacoma eyes to check out the rig (just southwest of Golden) and report back to us? I would make it worth your effort by paying you $50. I will even toss in a fresh jar of prepared horseradish for your corned beef if that will help.

We await your reply. Make our Irish eyes smile! "Tacoma go bragh!"

2. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.
    Cracked windshield, custom waste bag hung on back of passenger seat (plastic Kroger® shopping bag), St. Peter's pits (hail damage).

In addition to posting a request for help here I also called and put in a request with the local Fire Protection District station where the seller is located.

I'm pleased to let you guys know that a young Deputy Chief, who happens to be very familiar with Tacomas and Toyotas in general, called within an hour and said he was willing to help out someone like myself looking to buy his first time Tacoma.

I've made an offer on the double cab and fully expect it will be accepted dependent upon the Deputy Chief's test drive.

Thank you Tacoma owners for making this site available. I'll be a regular for sure after I buy the truck. I was dreaming about it much of the night!

I like this Tacoma World much better than the real world in its present state...anyone else with similar feelings?

3. Mar 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    gotwood4sale

gotwood4sale [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    C(r)ook Co., IL
    Vehicle:
    Don't know yet.

Bummer...I think we lost it before the Deputy Chief could even test drive it. Oh well...the search goes on. We're looking for a good deal on a First Gen 4WD 3.4L Double Cab with a matched topper. Anyone?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top