Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

NM Adventure Series

Old 11-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #321
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Cedro Peak was a blast. Not much majorly technical but a good afternoon out in the wilds and some plain ol' offroad fun.

Cedro Peak:

Some usual suspects:

On the road again:

In search of NM pinstriping:

A view:

A nice foreground/background shot:

Trying to stab Nick with my Tacoma:

Nick is actually not hanging onto my front bumper:

Steppin' Down:

Nick tries to return the vehicular stabbing favor but I hid in the trees:

Steppin' Down:

Nick trying a different approach:

And took the more advanced path down:

Then we headed home.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #322
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Cedro Peak was a blast. Not much majorly technical but a good afternoon out in the wilds and some plain ol' offroad fun.

Cedro Peak:

Some usual suspects:

On the road again:

In search of NM pinstriping:

A view:

A nice foreground/background shot:

Trying to stab Nick with my Tacoma:

Nick is actually not hanging onto my front bumper:

Steppin' Down:

Nick tries to return the vehicular stabbing favor but I hid in the trees:

Steppin' Down:

Nick trying a different approach:

And took the more advanced path down:

Then we headed home.
Fun. Hopefully meet you all soon with the baja
Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #323
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, thanks for leading the way.

For the next time we visit Cedro Peak, would be a good family ride and picnic time. A few challenging spots but nothing too scary for family members not too into wheeling.

TM, be good to meet you to. Check in here every once in awhile for the next run. We're looking to play up in Farmington but a matter of organizing it so everyone gets the most out of it.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #324
And then?
BigFishAllDay is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
BigFishAllDay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nick, thanks for leading the way.

For the next time we visit Cedro Peak, would be a good family ride and picnic time. A few challenging spots but nothing too scary for family members not too into wheeling.

TM, be good to meet you to. Check in here every once in awhile for the next run. We're looking to play up in Farmington but a matter of organizing it so everyone gets the most out of it.
My pleasure. It was a fun day, and having a smaller group than normal worked out perfect.

I agree on the family/picnic idea. It would be a great idea for the warmer months, because it gets a little chilly out there during winter. I'd like to go back and run it again with some fresh snow on the ground. Ideally, during/after one of the first couple of storms before it melts down and gets icy.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #325

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone up for doing a Puerco run some time Thanksgiving weekend, give me a shout out.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #326
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone up for doing a Puerco run some time Thanksgiving weekend, give me a shout out.
I'll be doing a snow run that weekend heading north to find some...
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #327
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Anything of note in the ruidoso area? My wife's family has a place out there and I've been a number of times but I'm only familiar with the hiking stuff around the canyon and ski apache.

I'd like to find some trails or maybe even some good drive-in camping.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #328
Quote:
Now in abq. I will be up for the puerco thanksgiving weekend
Old 11-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #329

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
I'll be doing a snow run that weekend heading north to find some...
Have fun. Build a snow fort and have an epic snowball fight while you're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
Anything of note in the ruidoso area? My wife's family has a place out there and I've been a number of times but I'm only familiar with the hiking stuff around the canyon and ski apache.

I'd like to find some trails or maybe even some good drive-in camping.

Thanks!
Most of us are up North. PCBuilder14 was down in Alamogordo for a bit and did plenty of off-roading while he was there. Might want to shoot him a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomamba View Post
Now in abq. I will be up for the puerco thanksgiving weekend
Stay tuned. Unsure how this will play out. Sorting out the possibility of wrench days that weekend.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #330
adamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: V22 Flightline Mech
Name: adam
adamv22's Tacoma Gallery
NM

Hey guys, I just got back from a deployment and ill be home (ABQ) at the begining of December... I havnt had a chance to get my 06 taco out in the mountains yet but im thinking about taking her up to the Jemez to go explore.. Any suggestions on anywhere else i could have a bit of trail fun? nothing too extreme but i need to get her out!! Thanks guys!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #331
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all stock. Will I be fine on the Cedro trails? I've done quite a bit of mtn biking up there but no offroading. I also would like to check out the ole la bajita.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #332

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv22 View Post
Any suggestions on anywhere else i could have a bit of trail fun? nothing too extreme but i need to get her out!! Thanks guys!
Cedro Peak is a good one. Lots of places in the Jemez. Santa Fe National Forest as well. I'm still learning myself. Can download USGS maps here: http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/...&uiarea=2)/.do

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFast View Post
I'm all stock. Will I be fine on the Cedric trails? I've done quite a bit of mtn biking up there but no offroading. I also would like to check out the ole la bajita.
Should be fine. There is really only one trail that 4x4s can ride on. Pigger has a fairly close to stock single cab (he added an LSD in the rear axle). He did fine. I only used my lockers as a luxury. I prefer using positraction before I start spinning wheels. Saves wear and tear on the truck and the trail. BigFishAllDay had a map that was colour coded for the various modes of transport (4x4, ATV, horse, bike, hike). Can't seem to find it online.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #333
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cedro Peak is a good one. Lots of places in the Jemez. Santa Fe National Forest as well. I'm still learning myself. Can download USGS maps here: http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/...&uiarea=2)/.do

Should be fine. There is really only one trail that 4x4s can ride on. Pigger has a fairly close to stock single cab (he added an LSD in the rear axle). He did fine. I only used my lockers as a luxury. I prefer using positraction before I start spinning wheels. Saves wear and tear on the truck and the trail. BigFishAllDay had a map that was colour coded for the various modes of transport (4x4, ATV, horse, bike, hike). Can't seem to find it online.

when did we go to the UK
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #334

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
11th grade. Didn't actually go, but my evil English teacher, Mr. Halterman, brought the UK to the class. The guy had us memorizing Shakespeare until we were wooing skulls of Danish kings and harking for soft light through yonder windows.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #335
I am sad tonight. I was at the open space and finally just leaving decided I would crawl through a gutter. I was barely climbing a rot along the gutter when I heard a crackling short crisp sound from the passengers tire side.

I freaked out and got out. Saw no damages. However my sterring wheel is not centered.

Now I know you all do some crazy stuff. Like climbing rocks and all and bashing the tires into the climb sometimes. I was not even doing any of this just trying to flex my truck in the gutter and now my steering is off centered. I have the warranty and tsv from dealer.

Do you know what happened or what cause it to shit. Toe maybe or hopefully not alignment becuase wheels are straight. Other question , is that do you all go through this wheeling ?

Frankly embarrassed that my tacoma did this on a little gutter. See pics guys . I cant sleep I keep checking her out to make sure all is well
Attached Thumbnails
NM Adventure Series-20131116_170659.jpg   NM Adventure Series-20131116_170710.jpg   NM Adventure Series-20131116_170645.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #336

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
probably fine. Take it into the dealership and ask them to center the steering wheel and check the alignment. I slammed my passenger tire into a boulder after accidentally pulling a 180. Popped the bead off the tire and the steering wheel was way off. They checked the alignment and the frame and found everything to be in good proper order. They fixed the steering wheel for me for free and sent me on my way.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #337
Nice . Thank you TomTom. I can now relax.a.little
Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #338
And then?

Quote:
BigFishAllDay had a map that was colour coded for the various modes of transport (4x4, ATV, horse, bike, hike). Can't seem to find it online.
For anyone interested in Cedro, or just general back road travel in the state of NM, the best place I've found online to locate the MVUM's (motor vehicle use maps) for NM is right here:

http://nmohva.org/main/where_to_ride.php

The direct link to the Cedro area map is here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5336239.pdf
Old 11-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #339
And then?

BTW, after this storm rolls through, Cedro Peak should be a LOT OF FUN!!!

Anyone feel like a snow run?
Old 11-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #340
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishAllDay View Post
BTW, after this storm rolls through, Cedro Peak should be a LOT OF FUN!!!

Anyone feel like a snow run?
hmmmmmmmmmmm lol

get some pics of TITS?