Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

NM Adventure Series

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
NM Adventure Series

Scott (SgtTaco) and I got to talking about starting up some day and overnight trips to explore all the enchantment we can find in New Mexico. This thread is to post up various trip plans and track people going. Anyone is welcome to participate as well as post up their own trips.

For those joining in, we aren't seeking out the gnarliest rock crawling in NM but be prepared to tackle whatever terrain we come across. Also, if the need arises, be prepared to deal with emergencies and spend the night in the wilds.

Recommended Equipment:
4WD
CB & cell phone
Recovery Gear
Set of Hand Tools
1st Aid Kit/Emergency Gear
Extra food & water
Maps & Compass
Camping Gear (overnights)
Gas Cans (overnights)

Trip Info Should Include:
Organizer
General Location
Route to trailhead
Trip Date(s)
Departure Location and Time
Estimated Return Time

When you sign up, PM the organizer(s) with your phone number and an emergency POC.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Apr 27- Jemez Springs

Jemez Springs
Organizer: Tomtom and SgtTaco
General Location: Jemez Springs
Route to trailhead: 550 N - 4 N - 485 turn off
Trip Date: Apr 27
Departure Time: 10am
Departure Location: Gas Station @ 550/528
Estimated Return Time: Dark

1. Tomtom
2. SgtTaco
3. Toastyjosh
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Jemez Springs
Route to trailhead:
Departure Location and Time:TBD
Estimated Return Time: TB

1. Tomtom
2. SgtTaco
I would say departure location should be the Gas station @ 550/528
Route would be 550 west, to 4 north, to 485 turn off to the Gilman tunnels/ where the pavement ends. And trail blaze from there...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ohh... And here's toms nutz again...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

wish I had more than 5 minutes of free time per week.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #6

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post

Ohh... And here's toms nutz again...
Why does nobody want my nutz? I can't even give them away.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
I am down for this!

I can meet you at the 4/485 junction, as I am in coming from the other direction.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
hansdoward is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
hansdoward's Tacoma Gallery
cool, as i am un prepared at this time i will hang out and learn, hope to join in soon.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
Disco Disco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansdoward View Post
cool, as i am un prepared at this time i will hang out and learn, hope to join in soon.
How are you un prepared? You could always ride with someone. As for this trip, no mods are needed... Maybe a 2wd could do it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
Disco Disco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
I am down for this!

I can meet you at the 4/485 junction, as I am in coming from the other direction.
Sounds good. We will firm up the info this weekend and update the info.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go, but I have a gig that evening. I'll track this thread, though.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
I may have to bail now, I just got the engine light. So looks like I have to replace my o2 sensors on sat.

I also need a serious trie rotation/balance
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
I may have to bail now, I just got the engine light. So looks like I have to replace my o2 sensors on sat.

I also need a serious trie rotation/balance
nonsense, P0420? Mine throws that code about once a year. Clear it and move on
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
Disco Disco...

^^^ what he said... At worst you will get 14 mpg...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
Disco Disco...

I'll have a buddy going with, but he will be leaving his land rover at my houseand riding with me.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
Yea its come on twice this week, I will clear it then come on a day or two later.
I may just pull them out and spray them down with brake cleaner.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
We are still a go right?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #20

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
We are go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Jemez Springs
Route to trailhead: 550 N - 4 N - 485 turn off
Departure Time: 10am
Departure Location: Gas Station @ 550/528
Estimated Return Time: Dark