Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Zion National Park.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Vidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: Federal
Name: Alex
Vidmon88's Tacoma Gallery
Question Zion National Park.

Planning on going to Zion National Park this September. Just wondering if anyone has been there. Any recomendations on where to go? where to camp? I'm planning on being there for about 3 days not counting the drive up there from San Diego. I'm going to the narrows for sure. Any info will be great since I've never been up there.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
my family and i took a trip through zion and bryce back in '97 (i was 10)... to this day, still one of my favorite places i've ever been. couldn't tell you where we camped, but you will not be disappointed. bryce canyon is well worth the side trip too. i think it's ~30 mins away.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
I was down in 'tah earlier this year, I wish I could have been down their longer. I only had time for Bryce which is amazing and worth a day or two if you have the time. Great casual hiking around the formations.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Vidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud of
I looked up pictures of Angels Landing and it looks great. Is it a hard trail? I hike for a living so it wont be a problem for me but my girlfriend and some friends are not used to hiking and I don't want to push them too much. Any good camping sited? I think Bryce Canyon it's gonna have to wait. I want to dedicate all the time to ZNP. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Camp and Zion, first campground when you enter the park, right after this gas station

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
WOW!!! Awesome pictures Rakso.... Is that campground close to the narrows? thats the main reason of the visit I will definitely plan a trip there next year. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
shit I just realized you are gong to Zion, LOL, Well we camped at zion and then drove to bryce
Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #17
ON VACATION!
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmon88 View Post
I looked up pictures of Angels Landing and it looks great. Is it a hard trail? I hike for a living so it wont be a problem for me but my girlfriend and some friends are not used to hiking and I don't want to push them too much. Any good camping sited? I think Bryce Canyon it's gonna have to wait. I want to dedicate all the time to ZNP. Thanks for the info!
Will take several hours and there is a section at the top that while not difficult it will get your adrenalin pumping.

So worth it! I've done it twice...

Walters wiggles is the most unique part of the trail I think the park service has ever constructed.

You'll never forget it.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
Is that the mystery waterfall? I have three days which places would you recommend?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
looks like I already have plans for 2 days ( the narrows & angels landing) what about the third day?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #20
RedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedDragonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
RedDragonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite place to visit. There is BLM land that you can camp on for free just before you enter the park. As you are headed in on hgwy 9 you take a right over a bridge ( i believe the road is bridge rd) and it takes you up into BLM land. We stay there everytime. Do angels landing for sure. Try and get permits to other hikes like orderville canyon, subway etc