Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Headed to Steamboat...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Headed to Steamboat...

Hey all, going to be headed down to Steamboat Springs in 2 weeks with the girlfriend and her family. Looking for any insider/local advice as what to do as I've never been in the area before. Also looking for a couple mellow trails in the area to take the taco up. Thanks!
James
Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I never got back to you in the BS thread. I assume that was you I drove by this morning on my way to work? My truck should be pretty identifiable at this point. Anyways, I figured it was you between the Montana plates and platidipped taco emblems.

As far as wheeling goes. I would suggest heading north on 129 as you best bet. There's lots of area's to explore off of seedhouse road outside of clark, as well as Hahn's Peak area. All of that should be stocker friendly. I would highly suggest picking up a map though. The National Geographic ones are the best, but a Routt National Forrest would be pretty good as well.

If you want to test out your locker hit me up. There's a trail about 10 minutes outside of downtown that I would say is the hardest in the area. You should be able to make it up, but it will be fairly challenging. Also, its a good trail if you like Colorado Pinstipes. Don't know how long your around, but I get off work 5:30 tomorrow and friday, and would be willing to take you up there after that, or anytime this weekend.

Brett
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
Sorry I never got back to you in the BS thread. I assume that was you I drove by this morning on my way to work? My truck should be pretty identifiable at this point. Anyways, I figured it was you between the Montana plates and platidipped taco emblems.

As far as wheeling goes. I would suggest heading north on 129 as you best bet. There's lots of area's to explore off of seedhouse road outside of clark, as well as Hahn's Peak area. All of that should be stocker friendly. I would highly suggest picking up a map though. The National Geographic ones are the best, but a Routt National Forrest would be pretty good as well.

If you want to test out your locker hit me up. There's a trail about 10 minutes outside of downtown that I would say is the hardest in the area. You should be able to make it up, but it will be fairly challenging. Also, its a good trail if you like Colorado Pinstipes. Don't know how long your around, but I get off work 5:30 tomorrow and friday, and would be willing to take you up there after that, or anytime this weekend.

Brett
Hey Brett, thanks for the response, ya that was definately me yesterday. Unfortunately im headed out early Saturday morning and were headed to strawberry park this evening and then dinner tomorrow so unfortunately I dont think I will be able to cruise at all. We went up to Steamboat lake the other day and i ventured away from the crew and went up Hahns peak, pretty neat area up there, climbed as far as I could with the truck and then hike up the last couple hundred yards to the lookout. Sorry nothing worked out this trip, maybe i will be in steamboat sometime in the future, and if your ever in the Bozeman area, hit me up. Cheers,
James