1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headed to Steamboat...

Discussion in 'South West' started by TanaTaco, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jul 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    TanaTaco

TanaTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad 4x4
    OME complete kit with dakars, LR UCAs, Seat covers, weathertechs, anytime foglight mod, ABS kill switch, locker anytime mod, powered sub, halos, leer topper, aux/ipod hookup.
    Hey all, going to be headed down to Steamboat Springs in 2 weeks with the girlfriend and her family. Looking for any insider/local advice as what to do as I've never been in the area before. Also looking for a couple mellow trails in the area to take the taco up. Thanks!
    James

2. Aug 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    Squeaky Penguin

Squeaky Penguin Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Steamboat Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 4WD, SR5, TRD & '13 TRDOR AC
    Lots of dust and custom dents, Check Build
    Sorry I never got back to you in the BS thread. I assume that was you I drove by this morning on my way to work? My truck should be pretty identifiable at this point. Anyways, I figured it was you between the Montana plates and platidipped taco emblems.

As far as wheeling goes. I would suggest heading north on 129 as you best bet. There's lots of area's to explore off of seedhouse road outside of clark, as well as Hahn's Peak area. All of that should be stocker friendly. I would highly suggest picking up a map though. The National Geographic ones are the best, but a Routt National Forrest would be pretty good as well.

If you want to test out your locker hit me up. There's a trail about 10 minutes outside of downtown that I would say is the hardest in the area. You should be able to make it up, but it will be fairly challenging. Also, its a good trail if you like Colorado Pinstipes. Don't know how long your around, but I get off work 5:30 tomorrow and friday, and would be willing to take you up there after that, or anytime this weekend.

Brett

3. Aug 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    TanaTaco

TanaTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad 4x4
    OME complete kit with dakars, LR UCAs, Seat covers, weathertechs, anytime foglight mod, ABS kill switch, locker anytime mod, powered sub, halos, leer topper, aux/ipod hookup.
    Hey Brett, thanks for the response, ya that was definately me yesterday. Unfortunately im headed out early Saturday morning and were headed to strawberry park this evening and then dinner tomorrow so unfortunately I dont think I will be able to cruise at all. We went up to Steamboat lake the other day and i ventured away from the crew and went up Hahns peak, pretty neat area up there, climbed as far as I could with the truck and then hike up the last couple hundred yards to the lookout. Sorry nothing worked out this trip, maybe i will be in steamboat sometime in the future, and if your ever in the Bozeman area, hit me up. Cheers,
    James

Products Discussed in

To Top