Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

No. Nevada Gold Lake weekend camp/meet

Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #41
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Oh sh!t. Bummer man
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #42
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I'll let him chime in on it if he wants. He wasn't even driving it so that makes it that much more shitty too
Old 08-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #43
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Fuuuuuuuuuutttccchhhh.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #44
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Oh no. I hope everyone is alright. Sucks!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #45
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Fuuuuuuuucck hope everybody is ok
Old 09-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #46
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So.. Getting kinda close. Should we start planning this thing? Food, drinks, beer... Never been there, so is there a safe place to shoot? Or no guns.. Let's fire up this trip again! Haven't heard from anybody about it for awhile.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #47
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds good to me! Lets get this thing going
Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #48

So lets say Saturday night we all pitch in and do a big group meal. And then maybe Sunday morning we do a big group Breakfast as well so everyone has a good meal before packing up and heading home.
Lunches I say each man for themselves just to keep it simple since we'll probably be out wheeling or something during the day time.

So, Saturday night dinner, what sounds good?
For Sunday breakfast the GF and I can fry up a few pounds of bacon for everyone. So maybe someone cooks up some eggs, someone else some pancakes or something, etc etc?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #49
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Has there been a finalized list of who is coming?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
So lets say Saturday night we all pitch in and do a big group meal. And then maybe Sunday morning we do a big group Breakfast as well so everyone has a good meal before packing up and heading home.
Lunches I say each man for themselves just to keep it simple since we'll probably be out wheeling or something during the day time.

For Sunday breakfast the GF and I can fry up a few pounds of bacon for everyone. So maybe someone cooks up some eggs, someone else some pancakes or something, etc etc?
Sounds good. I'll grab a few things from the bakery in Bishop while I'm down there for the dinner, cheese bread and rolls.. Doughnuts? I'll also be getting a 1/2 bed load of fire wood.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #51
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Let me know what I can bring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
Has there been a finalized list of who is coming?
There is a couple who aren't finalized I'm trying to keep the OP updated as much as possible.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #52
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Soooooo...perhaps some retarded question, but nonetheless.....
Where is Gold Lake?
Got GPS coordinates to the campsite?
Camping in the same spot both Friday and Saturday?
What are the trails like?
Is it just camping...or are we getting the trucks dirty?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #53
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Where is Gold Lake?
x2..
I won't be wheeling but I would love and come hang out and meet everybody
Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
x2..
I won't be wheeling but I would love and come hang out and meet everybody
I'm sure you'll be able to copilot with pretty much anyone.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #55
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where is Gold Lake?
Here is some information on the area

http://www.gentryoffroad.com/php/tra...4ohv/ryanluis/

I believe we are camping at the same site both nights.

I haven't run the trails so I don't know what they are like but I think the intention is to get out and do some exploring on Saturday.

Eric can talk to the trails since he was just up there a few weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #56

Quote:
Where is Gold Lake?

Google maps coordinate: 39.669043,-120.662762

Driving directions to Unknown road
Via CA-89 N

Start: 595 Spice Island Dr
Sparks, NV 89431
1. Head north on Spice Island Dr toward E Greg St
0.2 mi
2. Turn left onto E Greg St
0.2 mi
3. Take the 1st right onto S McCarran Blvd
0.9 mi
4. Take the ramp onto I-80 W
Entering California
34.2 mi
5. Take the CA-89/CA-267 exit toward Sierraville/Lake Tahoe
0.4 mi
6. Turn right onto CA-89 N
0.2 mi
7. At the traffic circle, continue straight onto CA-89
0.3 mi
8. At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on CA-89
22.6 mi
9. Turn left onto CA-49 S/CA-89 N/Golden Chain Highway S/S Lincoln St/W Main St (signs for Quincy/Down Eville)
Continue to follow CA-49 S/Golden Chain Highway S
17.8 mi
10. Turn right onto Co Route S620/Gold Lake Hwy
6.3 mi
11. Turn left
Destination will be on the right
1.8 mi

Unknown road'

Camping will be in the designated 4x4 camp ground right on the side of Gold Lake both nights, so we'll set up base camp and explore around the mountains on saturday. Its about 1.5 miles in to the camp area from the Gold Lake boat ramp, on a 4x4 trail... I'd rate the trail in maybe a 3 or 4 to get to the camp. Its not entirely stock friendly, though a stock 4x4 could do it carefully; I've seen several stock trucks as well as a few lifted full sizes make it in, and plenty of FJ's with expo trailers as well.

There are around 15 designated camp spots there, and a few primitive vault style outhouses scattered around.

From the camp area, we can continue up the road to the top of the mountain to where it splits off and we can probably drive for days if we wanted; anything from just basic rough forest service/fire roads, to 4x4 low crawling a decently difficult 6/10 or so trail up and down to other mountain lakes and such(for this I would recommend 3" lift/33's and sliders for sure as well as recovery points just in case. skids/bumpers may come in handy in some areas). I only ventured around for a couple hours, so not entirely sure what we would find around if we just kept exploring all day long. Mostly it is a scenic area to explore in a 4x4, with plenty of lakes and mountain views all around.

Here are some pics from a run of TTORA guys that happened to be going on when I was up there, didnt even realize until I ran into them.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=147
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....postcount=6803
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #57

im bring 2 marinated Tri Tips for Sat. Friday i think ill just do burgers if anyone is in.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
im bring 2 marinated Tri Tips for Sat. Friday i think ill just do burgers if anyone is in.
Are you bringing a grill? I just figured out my Coleman camp grill took a shit on me. So if you are, I'm in, I can bring stuff, or I can pitch in $$wise
Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #59

Sweet, sounds great on the tri-tip Jerry!
I can pack some buns/condiments for the burgers, how many should I plan for?

And Nathan, I have 2 camp BBQ's I can bring to help out too. One is a bit better condition Webber that I've been using this summer, the other one is a couple years old and about done but still functional (plastic handles are just coming off, grate moves a bit)

Lets start a food list....

Friday night
Jerry~ grilling burgers
Eric~ Condiments/buns

Saturday night
Jerry~ Grilling Tri-tip
Eric~ Fresh corn on the cob?

Sunday breakfast:
Eric~ Bacon
Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #60

Quote:
Sweet, sounds great on the tri-tip Jerry!
I can pack some buns/condiments for the burgers, how many should I plan for?

And Nathan, I have 2 camp BBQ's I can bring to help out too. One is a bit better condition Webber that I've been using this summer, the other one is a couple years old and about done but still functional (plastic handles are just coming off, grate moves a bit)

Lets start a food list....

Friday night
Jerry~ grilling burgers
Eric~ Condiments/buns
Nathan- Chips and dip?

Saturday night
Jerry~ Grilling Tri-tip
Eric~ Fresh corn on the cob?
Nathan- Cheese bread/rolls from Schats?

Sunday breakfast:
Eric~ Bacon
Nathan- Doughnuts?