Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Cross Nevada "all dirt" expo trip

Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #41
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Got it, I understand both. Hopefully you guys can make it though. Should be a good time.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #42
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Bump bump
Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #43
stumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stumblestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, but I don't know how to sign up. I've been up high rock canyon out of black rock desert. Fun trail with Lots of good camping spots and a few cabins with room for plenty of trucks. High water could be a "make or brake" factor in May, depending on how big this winter is. Either way, sounds fun.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes but Matt has a snorkel. So we should be good
Old 10-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #45
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1. Skidooman (TJ)
2. Traction120 (Nathan)
3. mdgribble (Mark)
4. gjacobsjr aka Jerry (too far in the future to commit but definitely intrested)
5. MonkeyProof
6. Bobbb (& Bosco)
7. la0d0g (Matt)
8. jberry813 (Jason)(maybe)
9. Oowen (Owen)(depending on date)
10. stumblestacks

Glad to have you along!!

Yes, the magic of Matt's snorkel will get us all across. We might fight some snow too being that early.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
This trip sounds familiar. Sounds interesting too. Gonna lurk for a bit before I ask if I can invite myself.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
This trip sounds familiar. Sounds interesting too. Gonna lurk for a bit before I ask if I can invite myself.
It should! After reading your report I was inspired.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #48

Bump!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #49

I'm now a "maybe, hopefully" due to a change of employment. But leave me on there cause I do want to go.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a fun trip. I'll toss my hat in as a maybe as I am not sure what/where I will be and really can't commit fully that far out
Old 11-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
I'm your huckleberry

Bump. Did some of the planned trail over the last few weeks, had lots of fun.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #52
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, this is going to be the shit! Got my CB installed over the weekend, one mod closer to being complete for this trip (oh who am I kidding...)
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Yeah, this is going to be the shit! Got my CB installed over the weekend, one mod closer to being complete for this trip (oh who am I kidding...)
What did you get? I need to get one. I had a cobra 29wx in my dodge, and that thing was just too big. I want something compact, like maybe the 19, but I want something thats faily easy to remove because its not going to be in all the time.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #54
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
What did you get? I need to get one. I had a cobra 29wx in my dodge, and that thing was just too big. I want something compact, like maybe the 19, but I want something thats faily easy to remove because its not going to be in all the time.
Might need to invest in a cb too.
On a different note, anybody here of Stanly camp in the black rocks?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #55
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went with a Cobra 75 since the footprint is super small. I put the box on the center console, drivers side down by the seat.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #56
stumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stumblestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I've been by Stanley camp a few times, it's awesome, but always occupied. Lots of room to park, big cabin, plenty of room for tents too. Only problem is that it's the favorite of the horse and trailer crowd since it has a big corrall. There are a few other good spots to camp around that area, but Stanley is definitely the best.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #57
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I went with a Cobra 75 since the footprint is super small. I put the box on the center console, drivers side down by the seat.
I have a Cobra 29 mounted on the passenger side of the center console. It is big, but hasn't caused any issues yet for passengers I have had in my truck. I can remove it pretty easily if I wanted to. The mounting bracket would be visible though

If you want to just be able to remove it super easy and have everything out of the way, get the Cobra 75. You can even get a second remote connector if you want the ability to swap it between two vehicles.

Or a Uniden 510 (or 520 if you want PA capability) for the compact size.

It all depends on exactly what features you are looking for
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #58
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
I have a Cobra 29 mounted on the passenger side of the center console. It is big, but hasn't caused any issues yet for passengers I have had in my truck. I can remove it pretty easily if I wanted to. The mounting bracket would be visible though

If you want to just be able to remove it super easy and have everything out of the way, get the Cobra 75. You can even get a second remote connector if you want the ability to swap it between two vehicles.

Or a Uniden 510 (or 520 if you want PA capability) for the compact size.

It all depends on exactly what features you are looking for
What do you have for an antenna setup?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #59

CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you have for an antenna setup?
Antenna mount is on the tire swing out on the rear bumper. 4ft Firestick (If I remember correctly) with the coil base put the CB antenna right about the same height as my stock radio antenna. I didn't really want to go higher and both work for "feelers" for indoor parking garages I know it will probably limit my reception range at it's current antenna height, but I haven't had a chance to actually test the reception distance yet.

For coax, I used a 18ft cable that runs under the passenger side carpet and out through a plug underneath the passenger seat, then down the frame to the bumper. I had enough to put a small service loop on the support tubing for the rear bumper and some extra to avoid binding/catching when swinging out the rear tire gate.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #60
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Antenna mount is on the tire swing out on the rear bumper. 4ft Firestick (If I remember correctly) with the coil base put the CB antenna right about the same height as my stock radio antenna. I didn't really want to go higher and both work for "feelers" for indoor parking garages I know it will probably limit my reception range at it's current antenna height, but I haven't had a chance to actually test the reception distance yet.

For coax, I used a 18ft cable that runs under the passenger side carpet and out through a plug underneath the passenger seat, then down the frame to the bumper. I had enough to put a small service loop on the support tubing for the rear bumper and some extra to avoid binding/catching when swinging out the rear tire gate.
You guys and your tire swing outs...

JK, its just the jealousy talking. I think I might just do a magnetic mount. Although with my roofrack I'm not sure that will work either.