Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Relocating to Albuquerque

Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
LizellaFella has a spectacular aura aboutLizellaFella has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: AF Civil Service, Marines and US Army Reserve/DA
Name: Eddie
LizellaFella's Tacoma Gallery
Relocating to Albuquerque

Hello Southwest Tacoma folks,

Looking for information about Albuquerque. Planning to relocate there in a year so and would like information about outdoor activites. Specifially fishing, both lake and river / stream fishing. I mostly fish for Bass, panfish and trout. I will be bringing my fishing kayak along and possibly my pop-up camper so as to make weekend trips. Any info would be greatly appreciated. We will be located in the Juan Tabo hills area near Kirtland AFB.

TIA Eddie
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Tons of great fishing and hunting in NM! As far as bass fishing, I'm not sure, but tons of streams to fish trout, one big River, the Rio Grande, not really that big, more like a big stream, has a variety of fish, mostly trout and catfish, a small lake, cochiti lake, within 40 minutes of Albuquerque, with a variety of fish, and a large lake, Elephant Butte, within 3 hours of albuquerque. Hope that helps!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Also, there is a great fly fishing all over, one of the best is called the quality waters, it's right below Navajo Dam, around three hours north of albuquerque, the game and fish have spent some money to create a incredible area for fly fishing.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
LizellaFella has a spectacular aura aboutLizellaFella has a spectacular aura about

Thx Nickel,

I appreciate the information.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really a fisherman, but I do know a pretty secluded place on the Rio Grande, you just have to buy a key for $50 a year, and you can fish a two mile stretch of the River that's about 40 minutes from albuquerque. I'm sure when you get here, you'll find some really cool places to fish, but like I said, not really sure where to bass fish, but I'm sure there are a couple places.
This is the NM game and fish website, lots of good info there, http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us
Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #7

Thanks Guys! I'm super excited about it. Been here in Georgia all my life, save for a few "vacations" while in the Marine Corps. I've been doing a lot of Google map searches around the area and like what I see so far.

The landscape appeals to me immensely. Looking from the front yard of the new residence, I see mountain ranges. So that’s cool. Hope to secure a job at Kirtland or some other fed job since I have so many years in already.

Nickel, I would definitely like more info on the Rio Grande area you mentioned.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as the time nears. Can I ping either of you when I do?

TIA Eddie
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Sure thing, more than happy to help!