1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sell me on a move to Colorado!

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by hookedontronics, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    My buddy just moved up there as a Construction Manager making 80k starting.....

2. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    sounds like you already know why you should move here...and sounds like you already want to move here...

just do it...i moved from CNY back in '06 and it was the best decision of my life

granted my location may change within a year but that is not any fault of CO..

3. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    The worst part about Denver is trying to find a place to live right now. Rental occupancy is sky high, which drives rent prices up, and real estate prices have already gone past the peak prices from before the crisis. I live right in the center of the city and get out into the mountains at least 3x a month. Plus there is so much to do in the city, as far as parks, festivals, races (running, etc.), and all the normal city stuff like restaurants, etc.

The traffic was also a big change for me. Where I came from traffic was non-existent, so getting used to I-25 and I-70 being stop and go for a good chunk of the day was a pain.

Having said all that, Denver is by far the best place I have ever lived, and I could see myself being here forever.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Phil ... wtf .. No comparison between AZ and CO ... CO hands down.

:brianr:

5. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Move to Sothern California, the grass is greener over here. Shoot everyone should more here its Super Great.

Honestly I just want everyone to move here so I can move the F out of this shit hole and finally be away from all the flat billed materialistic A holes.

I've strongly considered Utah, really love it there, but CO is great too.

No kids and feel the burn to start something new, do it now while you can and don't look back. Life is just too dam short and once the kids come and the responsibilities pile up the chance to break free and change scenes becomes oh so difficult.

By the way, x4 on MJ.

6. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    Spoon93

Spoon93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rogue valley
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5
    I live in Oregon and my gf and I will be looking to move to CO in the next year or two. OP not to hijack, but what are some places other than Denver a guy with a business degree (finance & marketing) could look for jobs? I hunt fish and basically think the city of Portland Oregon is too big :) (I definitely got the wrong degree in school :facepalm: )

7. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    pipelayer_99

pipelayer_99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My wife grew up in Ft Collins and me in Illinois. We lived in the St Louis area for 5 years and moved back to CO the first chance we got. I don't plan on ever moving away from Denver area, well maybe into the mountain later in life. There are hundreds of trails less than 2 hrs from Denver and Moab is only 6 hours away. Ski in the winter, hike/bike in the summer. If you like beer Denver area has a lot of good breweries.
    The bad is more people are moving here and home prices are going up. Going up/down I-70 on the weekend can be very slow due to traffic. There is hwy 285 but it's getting busier.

8. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    major cities and surrounding areas...denver, co springs, ft collins, grand junction

or mtn towns...summit county, steamboat, glenwood springs/aspen, telluride/ouray, buena vista...

many different flavors of life between those

9. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM
    Spoon93

Spoon93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rogue valley
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5
    Right on thanks! I will start looking into the companies & business's in the surrounding areas. OP you can have the thread back. :)

I can't sell you specifically on CO but living in the west among wide open spaces and massive mountains is as close to heaven as one can get while still down here.

10. Jan 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    that is one of those things I have to look into more. Luckily it's one of those degrees that's easy to go anywhere and do anything with

11. Jan 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    09blacktaco

09blacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The Rockies
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Agree'd. The front range is VERY different from living in the mountains. I love it.

12. Jan 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    s10nick

s10nick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    3inch hbs lift toytec diff drop grillcraft grill hella 500s conv. to 8k hids xentec hid head light conv. 5% tint more to come
    Oil field ftw big money

13. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM
    belone12

belone12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
  14. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Scenery, lower cost of living, not having to deal with the East Coast A-Holes...If Denver is too much, Colorado Springs is where it's at. The 2nd largest city, easy to get anywhere, 60 miles to Denver, low crime. I love it here in Colorado, I grew up here, but have lived all over the US.

15. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    I had to move out of Colorado to New Jersey for my wife's job and both of us can't wait to get the hell out of here and (hopefully) back to CO this year...

16. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I feel for you man...I live in NJ for 5 years, and easily the worst place I've lived. Everyone there is either a tough guy, or guido. They don't call it Dirty Jerz for nothing.

17. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    pipelayer_99

pipelayer_99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    A lot of California people moving her due to much lower cost of living and driving up home prices for the average person. Why not move to CO where you can buy a house for cash after you sell your shack in CA?

18. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Californians have been moving to Colorado for years. Back when I lived in Denver in the 80s and 90s, they were coming in droves and bringing their bad I do not know how to drive in snow azzez and snobbery with them....I don't think it ever really stopped.

19. Jan 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    KMitch

KMitch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Off Road
    A lot of finance possibilities in DTC (Denver Tech Center) which is about 10 or so miles south of the city off of I-25 in the Greenwood Village/Centennial area.

20. Jan 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    My brother-in-law lived in Denver some years back and the wife and I visited him twice there during that time. It was nice going there and having a tour guide (brother-in-law) to take us to all the sites. That state is awesome! It's one of the most scenic states that I have been too, lots to do there if your an outdoor person. And, at dusk, the Rocky mountains turn purple.....move there.....I would!

Products Discussed in

To Top