Death Valley "Cabin Run" 2/28 - 3/2

Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #21
TurtleGuy
modsquad will become famous soon enoughmodsquad will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
modsquad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandzach View Post
Mengel Pass is one example of an area a stock truck would seriously struggle.
Although, remember, we did witness that bad ass grandpa make it up the mengel falls in a stock base 2wd open diff ford ranger. He was a WW2 vet right?... The most reckless driving I've ever seen from someone that age. He was showing off for his hot date in the passenger seat. Barely made it. But he made it, and then stomped past us on the trail if I remember right!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:48 AM   #22
mandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud of

mandzach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad View Post
Although, remember, we did witness that bad ass grandpa make it up the mengel falls in a stock base 2wd open diff ford ranger. He was a WW2 vet right?... The most reckless driving I've ever seen from someone that age. He was showing off for his hot date in the passenger seat. Barely made it. But he made it, and then stomped past us on the trail if I remember right!
He will go down in my book as one of the baddest ass mofo's I have ever run into in DV. I don't know where he was headed but he was clearly on a mission.

I remember him well, but my recollection was a stock 4x4 ranger not 2wd. But open diff front and rear it was basically 2wd.

I also recall us having to stack a bunch off rocks for him to finally get over the falls.

DV never disappoints -
Old 02-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #23
mandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud of

BJ do you plan to meet us in NV when we start the trip or do you want to meet is in DV?
Just asking cause your coming out of Cali
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #24
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I booked a room in Vegas for Thurs night; (I understand it's very close to the Bass Pro Shop...) I expect to roll in there about midnight to be set for the Friday morning meeting time/location you put in the first post.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I booked a room in Vegas for Thurs night; (I understand it's very close to the Bass Pro Shop...) I expect to roll in there about midnight to be set for the Friday morning meeting time/location you put in the first post.
Sounds good - see you Friday.

To everyone else, we have room for one or two more trucks. If you want to come along it's not to late. Just post up.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #26

They are calling for possiblility of rain on friday - pack accordingly.

Dont forget the essentials and the material support for the cabins (check my first post).

At least 10 gallons of fuel and bring lots of firewood.

Its going to be a great trip!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #27
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait for pics!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #28

One of the attendees had to cancel due to the flu. So we have the 4

Attendees:
1. mandzach (Charlie) [NVTTORA PRES]
2. bjmoose (Steve) [TacomaWorld]
3. sngltrak1 (Steve) [NVTTORA]
4. Rich [Off Road Mercenary - no club affiliation] :rotflmao:

sngltrak1 will be arriving late and meeting is at camp. If any of you guys have extra chem strips, please bring them to help mark the trail for him. Thx
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #29
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like we'll be driving through snow?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Looks like we'll be driving through snow?
I didn't see any reports for snow, only 80% chance of rain Friday day and 30% chance Friday night. We will be in some high elevations Saturday that may allow for some flakes to fall.

It should help keep the dust down with only four trucks we will be making really good time.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #31
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...y=death+valley

select the RAWS Panamint station. It's only calling for a couple of inches of the white stuff. If it was a couple feet - that would be a different matter.