Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #21901
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
And I'm 70 miles south of ABQ which I'm fine with. I hate cities.
I hate cities too haha I lived in a town of 1800 people for 15 years and loved it. I only want to be closer to OHV parks and people on TW so I can go to meets.

Quote:
The worst area by far is right around El Paso. That is the worst city I've ever seen.
I'm going to be 8 miles West of Alamogordo...
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #21902
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I hate cities too haha I lived in a town of 1800 people for 15 years and loved it. I only want to be closer to OHV parks and people on TW so I can go to meets.

I'm going to be 8 miles West of Alamogordo...
better than el paso. Place is a dump.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #21903
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The worst area by far is right around El Paso. That is the worst city I've ever seen.
Quote:
better than el paso. Place is a dump.
That's what I've always heard for as long as I've lived haha
Old 04-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #21904
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

*waiting for the el paso guys to come in here
Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #21905

Haha just to let everybody know ahead of time, I've never been to El Paso. It's just what I've been told!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #21906
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I lived down there for 2 years in the early-mid 70's and it was bad then, but it's much worse now, IMO. It's the armpit of Texas.

I've noticed that people there keep their license plates in their back windows so they won't get stolen.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #21907
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigger View Post
I lived down there for 2 years in the early-mid 70's and it was bad then, but it's much worse now, IMO. It's the armpit of Texas.

I've noticed that people there keep their license plates in their back windows so they won't get stolen.
Is that when you really got into guns?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #21908
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=PcBuilder14;6816081]I hate cities too haha I lived in a town of 1800 people for 15 years and loved it. I only want to be closer to OHV parks and people on TW so I can go to meets.

I'm going to be 8 miles West of Alamogordo...[/QUOTE]

Sand can be a beautiful thing!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #21909

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that when you really got into guns?
Right after that.

Man, I almost bought a DR650 last week. Buncha mods, <4k miles, $3800. Looked nice; someone else got there first.

I'm not sure I 'd ride often enough to justify a dual-sport, though.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #21910
braaap

Quote:
Right after that.

Man, I almost bought a DR650 last week. Buncha mods, <4k miles, $3800. Looked nice; someone else got there first.

I'm not sure I 'd ride often enough to justify a dual-sport, though.
Nice.

I got mine bone stock with 3k miles for 2800 though. Ended up getting 3k for it after adding 5k miles haha.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #21911

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice.

I got mine bone stock with 3k miles for 2800 though. Ended up getting 3k for it after adding 5k miles haha.
I'm not in a hurry (kind-of), but I'm thinking I'd like a big thumper dual-sport. Something I could ride to the Jemez, and then ride in the Jemez (or the Manzanos, or Mt. Taylor, etc.). OTOH, I don't want $4k tied up in something that doesn't get used much.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #21912
braaap

Quote:
I'm not in a hurry (kind-of), but I'm thinking I'd like a big thumper dual-sport. Something I could ride to the Jemez, and then ride in the Jemez (or the Manzanos, or Mt. Taylor, etc.). OTOH, I don't want $4k tied up in something that doesn't get used much.

I hear ya. It's a great bike for that if you do decide to go that route.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #21913
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You already got something that can do all that. It is called "The Little Goat That Can". Go sink $4k into modding that, sucka!

4 wheels good, 2 wheels baaaad.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #21914
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
Not really close to there but there is some nice open mesa just north of there......
I have physical therapy at 4. Going to try to push being at your place at 6. Can make the decision there about going out to the mesa.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #21915

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
You already got something that can do all that. It is called "The Little Goat That Can". Go sink $4k into modding that, sucka!

I can't believe you're paraphrasing Orwell.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #21916

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

The truck does need some work; pads & rotors, new leaf springs, tie rod ends, etc., but not $4k worth. If I lift it, it's that much higher to have to load gear into.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #21917

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Don't make me whip out a "I pity the foo'!"

New leaf springs = new lift. Dakars = 2.5" 2.5" you won't notice loading stuff. Get some 881s for the front, call the lift done. Then go get some Allpro bumpers. Bam!

Then get a CB so you can chatter like a meenkey on the trail with us as we explore the great NM landscape.

Bam!

PS: don't forget some rock sliders and a heavy duty skidplate. Bam!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #21918

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can't believe you're paraphrasing Orwell.
I was depressed once, a long, long time ago. I watched "1984" with John Hurt many, many times. Very powerful and... ta-da!, depressing.

Orwell was actually one of those high school required reading books that I was never required to read. Finally got curious after college and read a few of his books. The cartoon version of "Animal Farm" is good times! OK, not really but way fun to mess up the kiddy-winkies thinking it is a Disney movie.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #21919

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
PS: did you like the goat allusion? Fits in so many ways with this conversation...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #21920
Alexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexb03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Alexb03's Tacoma Gallery
We should get a camping trip set up, 1 or 2 nights, somewhere in the mountains.... who would be down?

Products Discussed in this Thread