Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #23441
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an Elite Offroad front bumper (+110 lb.), putting on a BudBuilt skid plate (+55 lb.) and eventually getting a Warn M8000s winch (+55 lb.) hanging off the front. So I'm looking for an appropriate coil length and rate to handle the +220 lb. while maintaining a true 3" lift.

Also, what Icon shocks work well with the OME Dakar leaf pack and what is the diameter? I've got problems with the OME nitrochargers scraping the leafs at full flex.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #23442
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I would set you up with Icon front 2.5" resi or non resi, but with the 700lb spring. That will take the load of the added weight w/o having to preload the hell out of the coil to get 3".

For the rear we have some Custom build Icon 2.0 RR shocks that work with the 3" packs to get the full flex/travel. The OME nitro's are not even long enough to get this, which is odd cause they are made to pair with them ya know.

Here they are installed on another members Dakar pack
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-build-4.html
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #23443
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Alright; I guess I'll go ahead & come to BJ's tomorrow evening.

It should be fun.

The beer will be tasty, probably.

I hate everything.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #23444
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigger View Post
Alright; I guess I'll go ahead & come to BJ's tomorrow evening.

It should be fun.

The beer will be tasty, probably.

I hate everything.
YEAH BUDDY! The PM Porter is one of my favorites!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #23445
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I would set you up with Icon front 2.5" resi or non resi, but with the 700lb spring. That will take the load of the added weight w/o having to preload the hell out of the coil to get 3".

For the rear we have some Custom build Icon 2.0 RR shocks that work with the 3" packs to get the full flex/travel. The OME nitro's are not even long enough to get this, which is odd cause they are made to pair with them ya know.

Here they are installed on another members Dakar pack
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-build-4.html
Mind PM'ing me the deal o' the day?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #23446
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have one in a few min.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #23447

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Got and thanks!

Will be in touch, just not sure when.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #23448
Cuz Stock Sucks!

No rush, were not going anywhere
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #23449

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Coolio.

Hey Cloudy, need your fab skills. My bumper is slightly broken. When do you have time?

The seriously not happy right now,
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #23450
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Coolio.

Hey Cloudy, need your fab skills. My bumper is slightly broken. When do you have time?

The seriously not happy right now,
You really should not go to a cop to fix your bumper right after you hit someone and ran...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #23451
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Ah... I hit a jackalope on San Mateo...yeah that's it. I hit a jackalope
Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #23452
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Ah... I hit a jackalope on San Mateo...yeah that's it. I hit a jackalope
I blasted a coyote on st josephs in taylor ranch at 2:00 AM a few months ago. Rear tires got air lol.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #23454

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
You really should not go to a cop to fix your bumper right after you hit someone and ran...
The perfect alibi.

So, yeah, Tim of Elite Offroad uses this scheme to mount the front lip of the skid:

And after the last run I found out I had bent one pretty badly. Badly enough, when I grabbed it, it snapped off:

Don't know if it can be re-welded or even worthwhile to re-weld it. Thinking there has to be a better and stronger way to latch in the front of the skid plate.

If I can't get this fixed soon it means I don't have skids for the next run.

I honestly don't get it. Tim uses 3/16" steel everywhere, makes the bumper beefy as shit then skimps on this part. Something that is going to take the full weight of the vehicle when the skid is bashing against a rock. Seriously considering a different bumper set at this point. Especially dealing with the weight issues.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #23455
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Don't know if it can be re-welded or even worthwhile to re-weld it. Thinking there has to be a better and stronger way to latch in the front of the skid plate.
Should be an easy fix. If your new skid uses the same tabs to mount then just add a few gussets while your at it.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #23456

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Was thinking maybe snapping them all off and replacing with some angle steel.

How easy is it to touch up powdercoat?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #23457

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously considering renting a Mustang for a few days so I can completely tear down the interior of the truck and get all the much needed wiring done.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #23458
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice break Tom. It's kinda why I go with 1/4" for most of my stuff now. Front bumper is still crappy until I get a sheet of 1/4" to make front and rear bumpers.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #23459

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is more due to shitty design. Weld a lip in there all the way across and something like that won't happen. Hopefully Cloudy will have time to weld something in before the run in August.

Hertz has a Camaro available. Would be fun...
Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #23460

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Since I have to drop the bumper, I guess I should just run out and get the winch I always wanted at the same time. Really wreck my bank account.

And I can SAS the truck so I don't even need a skid plate. And stop in at Discount for some 35s.

Products Discussed in this Thread