1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by twistax, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    Sure thing. If they just got black ill take 4 cans got to derp the bed rack or would another product do better?

2. Sep 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    well derp is good because you can remove it with a different type of spray, like a sticker remover spray. The shit is durable I like how it coats... its a rubbery plastic type finish... and its durable as I said before... easily touched up too

3. Sep 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    Whitecloud

Whitecloud Cloudy-fabricator of things

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    Hey all sorry I've been distant and not on here a lot. Been super busy.

4. Sep 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    :wave:

its all good man... good reasons of course!

5. Sep 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    ok.lol ya 4 cans of black have to have enough for the entire bed rack with a few good coats

6. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    I agree

7. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    getting the bed rack same day before I meet up with you guys. going to need some assist with getting it on. the tw member I buying it from says its a b**** to get on with one person

8. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    Got the truck back from Chet's. The guy swore I wouldn't like it using the numbers I gave him (0 toe, 0 camber and 2.5 caster) and I'd get too much inner tire wear. Seems fine so far and the bump steer is gone. May take it back in a month to have them do it the way they wanted and see what the difference is.

9. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    game time haha

what made you do it with the numbers you gave them?

10. Sep 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    Doing a bunch of research here, most guys set it to that but nobody explains why. What I can tell, it is smack dab in the middle of spec. The guy at Chet's told me he'd prefer to run a little toe-in and a bit different camber. (He wouldn't give me exacts.) The slight toe-in would help keep the front end from wandering. He suggested doing the camber different to avoid inner tire wear but I'm not sure why 0 camber wouldn't do that already. He had no complaints about the caster setting.

It does handle better but I am curious to how it would do with their settings. Silas might be able to shed more light on it.

11. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    as long as you like it ahaha

12. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    You going to watch the Olympia?

13. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    its on like donkey kong haha... although I really just want to see Steve Cook take the Men's Fitness.... IDC too much about the Body Builder side... Cutler and Heath are two great athletes though

14. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
  15. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    I agree he works very hard! All these guys do... it'll be interesting... these commercials keep repeating themselves and its pissing me off... haha

16. Sep 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    That's ok. I can't get the feed going. Looks like I may have to go without.

17. Sep 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    That's a balloon fiesta morning, way better than any sunrise! If you're getting here early am, and you've never been, I would recommend it! Sat morning is a mass ascension, pretty spectacular! :)

18. Sep 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    What's it like on a Sunday morning? And where at is the location.
    Also for wrench day does anyone have an RTT I can have a look at?

19. Sep 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    Sunday morning is the same, mass ascension. It's right of the freeway, I25 and tramway rd. it draws 50,000 to 100,000 people for the mass ascensions so you have to be there early, like 5:30-6:00, and the balloons start liftoff around 7ish. Here's the website, www.balloonfiesta.com if you want more info. Definitely worth going and sacrificing some sleep if you've never been. It's supposed to be the most photographed event in the world. I grew up here and we still go every year, my kids want to go every day and night, I usually do one mass ascension and one balloon glow(at night).

20. Sep 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    The other option if you want to avoid traffic is find a nice parking spot on the NE side of town up the valley some towards the mountain. Around the Albuquerque Academy is a good spot to try. Not like being close up but you get to see a bunch of balloons take to the skies on a grand scale.

Products Discussed in

To Top