Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #24741
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
looks like I'm getting back pay. I wonder what I should do with it? Maybe that winch I've been wanting is in order...
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #24742
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
looks like I'm getting back pay. I wonder what I should do with it? Maybe that winch I've been wanting is in order...
totally knew it! Congrats buddy!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #24743
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or that awesome suspension you talked about.lmao

Still debating the suspension with the money its either OME or ICON
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #24744
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
It isn't going to be THAT much back pay.

I've been looking at just doing the rear shocks for starters. Going to cost pretty close to the winch I'm looking at. Decisions, decisions...

Full set of Icons are going to run about twice as much as a full OME setup (incls the Dakar leaf packs). The OMEs are good but not quite Icons. I've been happy with my OME setup and considering the Icons really for the extended travel.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #24745
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've been looking at just doing the rear shocks for starters. Going to cost pretty close to the winch I'm looking at. Decisions, decisions...

Full set of Icons are going to run about twice as much as a full OME setup (incls the Dakar leaf packs). The OMEs are good but not quite Icons. I've been happy with my OME setup and considering the Icons really for the extended travel.
my .02 ....I think i've heard you talk more about a winch than I have anything suspension wise haha
Old 10-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #24747

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
my .02 ....I think i've heard you talk more about a winch than I have anything suspension wise haha
Out of the list of mods I have left, the winch does provide the most utility.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #24748
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Out of the list of mods I have left, the winch does provide the most utility.
but dont forget... the truck is supposed to be fun too! dont always think smart... think BAMF!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #24749

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Should I paint the vertical face of the skid or leave it bare for now?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #24750
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
For the same price I would go ext travel Icon's but its not that critical. On my suspension (I have non ext travel) I would only get about 1" more down travel going with ext travel just because the suspension wont allow anymore then that.
Unless your going 50+ mph in whoops on a hot day it not worth it to get reservoirs in the front. Iv hit wash boards up to 80mph and crappy logging roads around 50mph for a few hours straight and have never experienced a hint of fading.

If you go icons make sure you have them remove the low speed compression dampening.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #24751
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtaco View Post
If you go icons make sure you have them remove the low speed compression dampening.
What's the difference between having low speed compression dampening and not having it? Very interested to know since I want some Icons some day.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #24752
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

In your opinion how do the OME handle with how you ride. I know ICON are twice the cost, trying to keep a decent budget to get what I want out of the truck. I would love to have ICON but twice the price ( I know there great suspension) hard to come up with that much money.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #24753
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with ome. But many people, including me, start with basic lifts and just want more! Which is why I want Icons now haha

If you think you may want them now, save yourself money in the long run and wait until you can get Icons.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #24754
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what happened to the U.G.?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #24756

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Nothing wrong with ome. But many people, including me, start with basic lifts and just want more! Which is why I want Icons now haha

If you think you may want them now, save yourself money in the long run and wait until you can get Icons.
ya I hear you on that one. Lots to decide on. Want my RTT setup by mid 2014 and try to get some camping in. As of now the only things im wanting to do right now is RTT suspension and some new tires. Minor things are lights and what not.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #24757

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
In your opinion how do the OME handle with how you ride. I know ICON are twice the cost, trying to keep a decent budget to get what I want out of the truck. I would love to have ICON but twice the price ( I know there great suspension) hard to come up with that much money.
OME is a step up from the stock TRD suspension. Not sure how they compare to Icons since I've never ridden them.

I'm happy with what I have and I can keep up with the guys when we race through the washes however:

1. I air down to 15psi (and this makes a big difference)
2. The bumper and IFS skid make for a heavy front end (the coils I have were designed for the heavier weight).
3. The Icon UCAs I have made a noticeable difference (but I think the stock UCA bushings were binding).

I have a strong desire to get the Icon rear shocks to take advantage of the full travel the Dakar leaf packs can give. I like rock crawling where articulation is all important. Because of this, I'm still on the path for a solid axle conversion. Which is why I'm hesitant on getting Icons for the front.

If you have the money, get the Icons. If you are trying to balance other mods, get OME.

Whatever you do, get the proper rated coils for what you want to do. Wheeler's Offroad, SDHQ or DownSouth Motorsports should be able to help with that.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #24758
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OME is a step up from the stock TRD suspension. Not sure how they compare to Icons since I've never ridden them.

I'm happy with what I have and I can keep up with the guys when we race through the washes however:

2. The bumper and IFS skid make for a heavy front end (the coils I have were designed for the heavier weight).
3. The Icon UCAs I have made a noticeable difference (but I think the stock UCA bushings were binding).

I have a strong desire to get the Icon rear shocks to take advantage of the full travel the Dakar leaf packs can give. I like rock crawling where articulation is all important. Because of this, I'm still on the path for a solid axle conversion. Which is why I'm hesitant on getting Icons for the front.

If you have the money, get the Icons. If you are trying to balance other mods, get OME.

Whatever you do, get the proper rated coils for what you want to do. Wheeler's Offroad, SDHQ or DownSouth Motorsports should be able to help with that.
x2 - PREACH IT BROTHA!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #24759
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
What's the difference between having low speed compression dampening and not having it? Very interested to know since I want some Icons some day.
Since icons are digressive they are firmer at low speed. I know shops like DSM valve their icons so they arnt as stiff at low speed.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #24760

Quote:

What do you plan on having up front then?

Products Discussed in this Thread