Notices

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #26221
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a bunch of parts!!!

There's going to be a lot of wrenching, beating, welding, cursing and drinking coming soon!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #26222
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
does this rubbing look normal? It is happening on both sides. Driver side is rubbed on outside and pass is rubbing on the inside.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #26223
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen rubbing before but hard to tell from the picture if it is excessive.

Are the springs sitting in the perches correctly?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #26224
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
I believe so, but I will need to take a closer look. The shocks seem to be centered throughout the full range of motion. I think it mite just be from the boot?? Seems like alot for the boot but they have been on for 4 years now.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #26225
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
If there are no dents in the wall of the strut, it should be ok. Don't know if it is worth disassembling them to paint them. The boot will rub off any rust that might have a chance to form as well as any paint you put on there.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #26226
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
When I install my LR UCA I mite investigate further. Is there a wrench day anytime soon? Tomtom, is your truck ever parked at the fire station on Kirtland? I saw a truck that looked pretty similar to yours.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #26227
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I might be out working on the truck this Saturday. Depends if SGT Taco has time to help me install my winch. Otherwise, I'm taking a week off in April to replace the flywheel. Shouldn't take the full week so there might be a day or two in there for others to bring their projects in.

If you want it done sooner, might just ask in the thread if anyone has time to help out on a certain date.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #26228
Jmad92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Jmad92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco505 View Post
jesus i wish i found this a long time ago!! but i wish i had a 4x4 just have a little 4x2 4 banger haha. every once and a while ill just go and mess aroung on the mesa just north of 1-40 and 98th haha. but i think i may have seen a few of you guys around town before. anyway glad a found this thread nice to know im not the only NM Taco!!!

Oh one more thing i see this taco at UNM some times just like mine base modle red and single cab with some ugly ass mexican rims on it and i get embarrassed for the guy driving it lookes really bad haha. hope mine doesnt look like that or ever look like that!!
I'm pretty sure park next to that truck your talking about everyday in Q lot just to show off a little haha.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #26229
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
So first design fell through...

New design. Just a little more aggressive......

Old 03-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #26230
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Is that Lobster's truck?

That's a nice high clearance design. Are the kick outs going to be steps?
Old 03-30-2014, 12:10 AM   #26231
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Is that Lobster's truck?

That's a nice high clearance design. Are the kick outs going to be steps?
Yeah Lobsters taco. I'm using it cause the client (not Lobster) doesn't want cut bedsides and mine were so I couldn't use my taco. Yep the kickouts will be the steps. It will still wrap around the sides as well as underneath too. But not too bad for 2 days worth of work. Hopefully have some more pics in the next couple of days.

Lobster and I have talked though and we are going to be putting him together a high clearance rear that has full wrap sides a nd light guards as soon as his warranty is up.

But hoping to finish this bumper and hoping (need!) to finish the trailer upgrades by the end of April for our family trip out west in the beginning of May.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #26232
Keep It Wild. KCCO
WildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
WildLand's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any ideas on good summer jobs in Albuquerque? Ill be up for the summer and thought I should start looking
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #26234
Ariyan is on a distinguished road

Ariyan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildLand View Post
So APD strike...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuin...qcPsjFF8MUDJ6A
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 AM   #26235
Watt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Watt maker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildLand View Post
So APD strike...?
More like a riot. It pisses me off to see our flags disrespected like that. This is about APD. Actually, it's about some of APD. Just like every job, you have good people and you have bad people that drag the whole group down. As far as the protest, typical NM. I dislike this state more everyday.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #26236

Ariyan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt maker View Post
More like a riot. It pisses me off to see our flags disrespected like that. This is about APD. Actually, it's about some of APD. Just like every job, you have good people and you have bad people that drag the whole group down. As far as the protest, typical NM. I dislike this state more everyday.

I agree with all of this, I saw some of those pictures this morning.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #26237
Keep It Wild. KCCO
WildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildLand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
WildLand's Tacoma Gallery
I agree too with what you said. I also feel that police get a bad rep for doing their job and keeping the city safe. Also this riot wouldn't of happened if these two fellows weren't shot within a couple of weeks. If it was a few months apart it would be a different story. And while watching the news I saw they were holding a candle light vigil for the homeless man Boyd. No one cared about him before he was shot right? Why do people care so much now? Was his killing justified, I don't know, but wasn't it a 3 hour standoff and he threatend the cops with a knife? Correct me if I'm wrong or if I have a bad argument
Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #26238

Ariyan's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have a bad argument at all, all sides have a decent argument to an extent. With the amounts of people shot with lethal weapons by APD(not that they were incorrect in most cases) is higher than normal for the amount of people but the disrespect that was shown yesterday by some of the protesters wasn't okay either.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #26239
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
its quite in here...

Ill just leave this
Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #26240

Ariyan's Tacoma Gallery
/\what size are those?

Products Discussed in this Thread