1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Utah: Salt Lake and Utah County Tacomas, lets see em!

Discussion in 'South West' started by StaticFilter, May 23, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Jbcm12

Jbcm12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    TROKITA

TROKITA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    Looking at it looks like just the bumper and grill is damaged. Easy fix and sense utah has ksl you can find these parts for cheap. But test driving it would be the Hugh thing make sure it runs good and if it drives straight. Also I never have bought off eBay on something this big but try to do everything in person don't give any info through the phone. That's about all I could help out ;)

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    I think he meant go look at it in person FOR him, since he's listed as from the Bay Area. I'd offer but I'm in Idaho for work right now! Sorry!

4. Feb 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    oh ok gotcha :) well i would but im broke as a joke rightnow until the 21st, i just barely got a new job and wont get paid til then, rightnow im getting rides to work

5. Feb 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I'd help ya out, but the hours they're open are actually less than I'm usually working, its too far away to do for lunch, and not open on Sat/Sun, so I cant help. :/

I'm not completely familiar with the 2nd gen engine compartments, but the only real flag in looking at the pics is the washer reserviour either is unable to fit where its meant to, or got knocked out and no ones put it back. Could mean some frame damage, but as you know, no way of knowing until someone can check it out.

Looking at the radiator, you can definitely see there's some bent engine compartment pieces (battery pic - front of engine bay has a crimp in the metal). It doesn't look too bad, but looking at the radiator shroud and the overfill being destroyed, I would guess that the radiator has moved in a good inch or so. There's a chance the fan and radiator are both toast as well, and possibly wont be able to be replaced without bending back that engine compartment piece and hoping it isn't that way all the way to the frame.

Then theres the power steering reserviour that doesn't seem to be there. Maybe its just hiding under the coolant, but I have a feeling its been destroyed. All that shininess in the engine bay would have to either be ATF or coolant since the washer fluid would've dried off pretty quick.

Of course theres the airbags that have been deployed, so a few k to replace those.

Overall, aside from the obvious body damage, it actually looks to be in fairly good shape for being in a wreck.

For body damage, dont forget to check out the roof and rear window, as its not very obvious, but there is some pretty good tweaking there. I noticed the roof didn't look right, but at first glance, thought it might be the camera angle, but after closer inspection, the rear window is actually broken out and has a plastic cover on it. It would actually surprise me if the passenger side doors worked correctly.

It looks like they also have the truck listed on KSL. https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/340801?ad_cid=1

The scarey thing is, they think its only $1000 better condition than other 2006s they're selling that are completely trashed.
    https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/348257?ad_cid=4
    https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/324200?ad_cid=3

You might be able to find more info from their web page as well. www.getwwa.com

When I was first looking at a truck, I checked these guys out since they're always selling wrecked trucks and I ended up with the opinion that you'd end up paying pretty close to blue book after everything has been fixed (and before fixing the body damage and paint). If you have well stocked junk yards, you can come out ahead, but 1st gens are still very rare in a junk yard. I've never seen a 2nd gen.

6. Feb 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Jbcm12

Jbcm12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    Thanks for the help guys but I decided to stay away, called the guys for more info and were just rude as fudge so its good. But its still a good deal for someone who wants to do rock crawling. I would have switched the front fenders with fiber glass, plate bumper, and cut the bedsides for a high clearance. The truck runs, but I don't know how well and the frame is 100% good from what I was told. The thing that's off is the grill is chrome, the truck is a sport model. But yeah I'm just going to blow these guys off thanks again

7. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    TBONEAK

TBONEAK Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Roy, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100 set at 0 with ome 885x springs,light racing uca's, leer 100 XQ shell.
    Do any of the Utah guys have any stock OEM headlights they want to sell? PM me if you do.

thanks

8. Feb 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Big ass camping tent for sale $40. Brand is Northpole and it came from costco.

This is only for Utah people. I am not shipping.

I think it would be considered an 8 man?

This is the only photo (the attached Thumbnail) I could find of it and it is a very crappy photo.

looks similar to this one. but different color

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of the box. I am almost sure this is it.

[​IMG]

IMG_9518.jpg

9. Feb 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
  10. Feb 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    hey guys if you have facebook i made a group of (utah tacomas & 4x4) add yourself's. i think its a good way to set up meets and to get notified of whats going on around here.
    And if you want to go cruse somewhere.

11. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    RIDDICK3

RIDDICK3 nuckin futs member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefan
    Orem, Utah
    Icon, omd, lr uca, bed speakers, t-rex grill, 170 striker lights.
    anyone have a clue on where I could take my old cv axle to get new grease and new boots?

12. Mar 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    There are a few local drive line shops.

For the life of me I can't remember any names but just try yellow pages or google "automotive drive lines".

13. Mar 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ok just put this on KSL if anyone interested. Asking $80 OBO.

Toyota Tacoma/4Runner 2.7L engine belt
    old part # 90916-0240 -- new part # 90916-02708

This is a new belt.

It fits (per dealer) 2004-2012 Tacoma and 2009-2012 4Runner. The MSRP at the dealer is $101.00.

14. Mar 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    StaticFilter

StaticFilter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Cedar Hills, UT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue FJ Cruiser
    Lifted, N-Fab steps, Roof rack light bar, Grill guard, Volant Snorkel (not installed ye)
    Try Six States in Orem, they are awesome!

15. Mar 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    WTFaulkner

WTFaulkner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Stuff
    Salt Lake City here:p (wasatch front to be more precise)

16. Mar 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    jdk52

jdk52 Bro do you even 'Merica?

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5
    3 inch OME lift kit, rear diff breather mod, cb install, sliders, brute force fab front end.
    Welcome man

17. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    sfinn9286

sfinn9286 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD
    Hey guys, just moved to salt lake about a year ago, bought a 2012 tacoma 6 months ago and just bought my new wheels and tires for it today. I'm located in the Sandy / Draper area, wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a local shop to install my lift kit.

18. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    theres cruiser out fitters. kurt williams lives there and he specializes on toyotas, mostly cruisers but he does tacomas aswell, http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/ give him a call he's located in sandy. tell him that TROKITA sent you or Arturo :) he knows me.

19. Mar 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    StaticFilter

StaticFilter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Cedar Hills, UT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue FJ Cruiser
    Lifted, N-Fab steps, Roof rack light bar, Grill guard, Volant Snorkel (not installed ye)
    Arty, Kurt is in Australia... :)

20. Mar 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    He's almost back :)

Products Discussed in

To Top