Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Utah members?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #201
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj918 View Post
Hey, sorry Ive been trying to follow along with all of your comments. I think some got off topic there for awhile. Anyway, have you guys decided to have another meet & greet before winter shows up? Its been pretty nice here and is usually a lot nicer in SLC. Just wondering if Ive missed something. Thanks
Yeah I def want to try to get in at least one more trail run meet if we can. I know the last couple of meets wasnt a great success but hopefully we can get another good one going again soon.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #202
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Are you pretty close to SLC?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #203
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
Yeah, that sounds like the leafs alright, that is also when mine squeaks a lot. Try rocking the bed side to side (standing in it is easiest, although you will look silly).
So how do u fix it?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #204
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, sorry Ive been trying to follow along with all of your comments. I think some got off topic there for awhile. Anyway, have you guys decided to have another meet & greet before winter shows up? Its been pretty nice here and is usually a lot nicer in SLC. Just wondering if Ive missed something. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah I def want to try to get in at least one more trail run meet if we can. I know the last couple of meets wasnt a great success but hopefully we can get another good one going again soon.
Hopefully we can get a real meet scheduled before the end of the season, where we do some trails that are slightly more challenging. If anyone has any idea's, I could start a new thread, and see how well it it received by the other Utah (and nearby) members. There have been a few ideas, an outing to a 4x4 playground called "Little Moab"... not really my cup of tea, I prefer actually going somewhere, enjoying a variety of scenery, exploring, and getting that feeling of adventure.
There has also been talk of a trip to the actual Moab area at the end of this month, but that seems to be falling through.
As I said, if anyone wants to chip in ideas, such as trails to run, which weekend works best, etc, I will compile said ideas, start a thread, and hopefully a new thread will induce new enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric310 View Post
So how do u fix it?
I have not done this personally: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html
There is a lot of great info to be had if you spend a few minutes searching.

Best regards,
-Jan
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #205
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Are you pretty close to SLC?
I am about 120 miles west of SLC so not to bad.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #206
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully we can get a real meet scheduled before the end of the season, where we do some trails that are slightly more challenging. If anyone has any idea's, I could start a new thread, and see how well it it received by the other Utah (and nearby) members. There have been a few ideas, an outing to a 4x4 playground called "Little Moab"... not really my cup of tea, I prefer actually going somewhere, enjoying a variety of scenery, exploring, and getting that feeling of adventure.
There has also been talk of a trip to the actual Moab area at the end of this month, but that seems to be falling through.
As I said, if anyone wants to chip in ideas, such as trails to run, which weekend works best, etc, I will compile said ideas, start a thread, and hopefully a new thread will induce new enthusiasm.

I have not done this personally: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html
There is a lot of great info to be had if you spend a few minutes searching.

Best regards,
-Jan
Sorry. I should've searched. Its kinda hard to do with your phone with crappy reception. And I'm not supposed to be on it while I'm working lol
Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #207
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric310 View Post
Sorry. I should've searched. Its kinda hard to do with your phone with crappy reception. And I'm not supposed to be on it while I'm working lol
No worries man, I'm happy to help out.. Others here can get more flustered about it though.

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #208
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The last run I did (Forrest Lake w/Manlaan) caused some pretty severe leaf spring squeaking to occur, which hasn't gone away. It was wet, muddy, and there was plenty of articulation. The Tacoma is known for this, perhaps that is also what you are experiencing?
Do you know where the squeaking is coming from?
Is your truck stock? Major props for you getting up to forest lake.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #210
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
"Hey man sweeeeeeet truck!!" *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek*
You bastard!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Stock as stock can be. It was a good challenge, lots of fun. Manlaan did a good job of directing me through the tougher bits; the trail definitely improved my confidence regarding going over large rocks and such. Doing the trail in the rain certainly didn't make things any easier.

Now if only we can arrange a meet...
Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #213
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Stock as stock can be. It was a good challenge, lots of fun. Manlaan did a good job of directing me through the tougher bits; the trail definitely improved my confidence regarding going over large rocks and such. Doing the trail in the rain certainly didn't make things any easier.

Now if only we can arrange a meet...
Manlaan (Greg) is awesome! He is definitely a good person to have with you when you hit the trails.

Did you get any pics or your trip up to Forrest Lakes?

Any suggestions for the next meet? I'm just waiting for somebody to set something up.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #214

Quote:
Manlaan (Greg) is awesome! He is definitely a good person to have with you when you hit the trails.

Did you get any pics or your trip up to Forrest Lakes?
Greg certainly is a good companion out on the trails, more knowledgeable than he admits to be.

The only pictures I got were from inside the truck, it was rainy and cold, so I couldn't be bothered to get out and take pics of the trucks in action. The rain actually provided (in my opinion) a nice feeling (mentally), it set the mood for being 'out there'.

Quote:
Any suggestions for the next meet? I'm just waiting for somebody to set something up.
I really want to get something set up for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. A local run, anything really, the season is almost over, and every weekend not spent wheeling feels like a weekend wasted.

Do you have any ideas, trail-wise? I would like suggestions from all that are interested in a meet; I will be happy to make a post, and make it official, but we are running out of time. Even if its just 2, 3, or 4 of us, thats fine by me.

Best regards,
-Jan
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #215
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah I am totally in for another run here soon if someone can get one together? Like Jason, I've just been waiting for someone to plan one since I am not familiar with any Utah areas to plan a meet and run.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #216
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I am totally in for another run here soon if someone can get one together? Like Jason, I've just been waiting for someone to plan one since I am not familiar with any Utah areas to plan a meet and run.
Yeah Im not very familar to Utah's offroad either. I could come up with some fun places locally, but . . . so Im also waiting for some one else, sorry If October doesnt go through, what about the first weekend in Novemeber?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #217
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Yeah Im not very familar to Utah's offroad either. I could come up with some fun places locally, but . . . so Im also waiting for some one else, sorry If October doesnt go through, what about the first weekend in Novemeber?
You know what? I mean if coming up with places is kinda hard, we can always do a re-run like one of the ones we did before. I honestly had no problems with any of the runs I have been on and they all were great!! Except for the last one I was on, I think it was the one that Jessie was leading. Everything was great up until the end with the really narrow trail that was more of a mountain bike/hiker trail. I felt bad for the people that had to step out of our way. But other then that, all the other ones had awesome scenery!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #218

mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You know what? I mean if coming up with places is kinda hard, we can always do a re-run like one of the ones we did before. I honestly had no problems with any of the runs I have been on and they all were great!! Except for the last one I was on, I think it was the one that Jessie was leading. Everything was great up until the end with the really narrow trail that was more of a mountain bike/hiker trail. I felt bad for the people that had to step out of our way. But other then that, all the other ones had awesome scenery!!
It would be new to me! Im down for it!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #219
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
It would be new to me! Im down for it!
Haha, yeah thats true!! How far are you from SLC anyways??
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #220
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
The more I look, the more it seems all the trails are either in American Fork Canyon, or scattered far and/or scenic routes (1/10 difficulty).

Well, if someone would like to join me for a pre-run of Miller Hill in AF Canyon, that might be acceptable for the group. Its supposed to be easier than Forest Lake by a good bit. It wouldn't surprise me the least if there's snow at the top though. Milk Maid might be good as well, but again, I'd like to be certain beforehand.

For non-snow, I think we're pretty much limited to 5 mile pass. Guess we could always try the Rattlesnake trail, although that might be too much for some people. I think there's bypasses for most obstacles though, but I've never run it either. Either that, or further south.

Here's a few more trails as well. For all the atv trails I looked at, they are 4x4 as well, but not all may be. http://offroadinghome.djmed.net/utah/utah.htm Their difficulty rating is pretty far off as well (Skyline main road is moderate-difficult??? Maybe its more of an ATV rating or something)

Products Discussed in this Thread