Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #8241
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=xguntherc;6167114]Thanks socal. Is that where you went? We have pretty similar looking trucks my friend. Do you have any pics of your rear bumper. It looks black from your avatar.

Yeah he does a great job, the shop owners name is Juan just tell him Diego sent you. They do look similar my rear bumper is just flat black one I got from. Base model Tacoma to replace the hideous chrome one
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #8242
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=socal16;6168863]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Thanks socal. Is that where you went? We have pretty similar looking trucks my friend. Do you have any pics of your rear bumper. It looks black from your avatar.

Yeah he does a great job, the shop owners name is Juan just tell him Diego sent you. They do look similar my rear bumper is just flat black one I got from. Base model Tacoma to replace the hideous chrome one
So you didn't powdercoat it then, you just replaced the bumper with a base model that didn't have chrome. That's not a bad idea either. I could hit the junkyard and hope for a black bumper without damage. That or just pay to powdercoat it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll tell him you sent me sir.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #8243
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=xguntherc;6171334]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post

So you didn't powdercoat it then, you just replaced the bumper with a base model that didn't have chrome. That's not a bad idea either. I could hit the junkyard and hope for a black bumper without damage. That or just pay to powdercoat it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll tell him you sent me sir.
Post on Craigslist, trade chrome for black.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #8244
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

That's an interesting idea.. I wonder if anyone would be open to that.

Anyone here want to trade their black bumper for a Chrome one? haha
Old 12-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #8245
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mine is derp'd. Works pretty well.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #8246
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Same here. Going on 7 months now and still haven't had to touch it up.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #8247
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

im sure youll get some people that like that shiny stuff unlike us
Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #8248
First time Taco

Quote:
derp'd? lol
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #8250
sngltrak1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
sngltrak1's Tacoma Gallery
Heading out to far hills or wheelers if anyone wants to join....
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #8251
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm debating...I currently have a stock black bumper sitting on my 5 lug
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #8252
First time Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
I'm debating...I currently have a stock black bumper sitting on my 5 lug
Your 06 rear bumper will match my 11? I know it's still 2nd gen, but I'm new so not fully sure.. Let's make a swap sir. You know you want that Chrome!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #8253
First time Taco

Quote:
Plastidip
How much was that? Do you have some pictures of yours I can see. Also where would you recommend I go to do that in Vegas
Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #8254
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much was that? Do you have some pictures of yours I can see. Also where would you recommend I go to do that in Vegas
I might have missed something but that is a DIY project to Plastiderp
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #8255
BareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
BareTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Andrew- can you PM me the info/pics/price on those tires you have (if you still have them)? I don't remember what you go by on here you I would've msg'd you.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #8256
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pics in my gallery. Plastiderp is sold at Home depot. It's a rattle can.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #8257
First time Taco

Hmm. Plastidip seems decent. As long as you have enough coats it will be durable, and that will then also help removal be easier if the coats are thick enough.

So you've had your bumper derp'd for 7 months without any major scratches or peeling?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #8258
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm. Plastidip seems decent. As long as you have enough coats it will be durable, and that will then also help removal be easier if the coats are thick enough.

So you've had your bumper derp'd for 7 months without any major scratches or peeling?
Mines been done for 2.5 years. It peels on the bottom but I drag that thing over rocks and sand.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #8259
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my rims and rear bumper done for 7 months and not one problem. I did 4 coats on both. Hell, I've done a few interior pieces also and the finish isn't rough or anything as long as you spray it evenly. There's a whole thread dedicated to plasti-dipping parts, check out if you're thinking about doing it. Also, it dries in like 30 minutes which is nice so you can do your coats every 30 minutes or so. I waited about an hour after the last coat before putting the parts back on. For the bumper, I just taped off the truck with garbage bags and sprayed the bumper while still installed. It helps to remove the garbage bags and tape while still wet. Any over spray peels right off without damaging anything.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #8260
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Merry Christmas to all the tacoma homies!

I got sexy underwear and Oakleys and a shamwow for the truck!!

Products Discussed in this Thread