Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #9201
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
head over broooo lol wait what

Is the fight over?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #9202
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Sure is! LoL
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #9203
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
anyone?
?

Nothing?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #9204
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone?
Quote:
HEY VEGAS PEOPLE!

couple questions for you, kinda related...

one, everyone knows the deal in CA about adding ANYTHING to cars, you can't. I want to pick up a '93ish single cab, build it as my little road racer, built/turbo'd motor, coilovers all around, etc... my problem is, I LIVE IN CA! BUT, I'm planning on buying a small place in the Vegas area (second question, I'll come back to it). So I am curious as to the laws regarding vehicles, emissions, etc... What's possible, legally, not meaning "get a guy I know to pass smog on it" kinda deal...

NEXT question, location! Ideally I'm looking for a place closer to the strip, nicer, low HOAs, safe, etc. I've seen condos go for $30k closer to the airport! That's awesome, but NOT sure on the area... any thoughts? Areas to stay away from?

I'm actually over in another desert at the moment, less fun, Iraq, so I can only see stuff online. Not the same as knowing or living there! The place will serve as my "primary residence" but since I spend 75% of my time in other countries I won't be there much, so I may rent it out. That's another thing, how's renting in those areas? Not looking to go over $55k or so, but depends on the place...

Thanks for the help fellas! And if anyones looking to buy a sweet truck check my sig!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #9205
BareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
BareTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We only have emissions testing here in Nevada. I'm not aware as to what the limits are for pass/fail. Gotta pass to register though.

Location? That's a tough one. There is good and bad in almost every part of town. I've been here 10 years and the northeast part of town has always had a negative reputation. The closer you are to the strip the higher your car insurance is due to traffic density. Based on your price range I'm guessing you are looking for an older home to work on? Since you want to rent (which I should warn you that tons of homes are for rent here) I'd suggest that once you find a potential place, look and see how many homes are vacant or being rented around it. You'd probably find rent prices that way too. My friend has a 2 bed/2 bath/1 car garage town house in the southeast that she's been renting for $900 but its been vacant for quite some time. I also know larger homes are going for similar prices. All depends on how desperate the owners are to rent it out. I'd check Craigslist.

Now that the market is showing signs of improvement investors are really making buying a challenge. I know a couple that, just 2 weeks ago, finally had to look at buying new and still had to put their name in a raffle (seriously) against other families and investors to get a lot.

That's my .02

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #9206
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HEY VEGAS PEOPLE!

couple questions for you, kinda related...

one, everyone knows the deal in CA about adding ANYTHING to cars, you can't. I want to pick up a '93ish single cab, build it as my little road racer, built/turbo'd motor, coilovers all around, etc... my problem is, I LIVE IN CA! BUT, I'm planning on buying a small place in the Vegas area (second question, I'll come back to it). So I am curious as to the laws regarding vehicles, emissions, etc... What's possible, legally, not meaning "get a guy I know to pass smog on it" kinda deal...

NEXT question, location! Ideally I'm looking for a place closer to the strip, nicer, low HOAs, safe, etc. I've seen condos go for $30k closer to the airport! That's awesome, but NOT sure on the area... any thoughts? Areas to stay away from?

I'm actually over in another desert at the moment, less fun, Iraq, so I can only see stuff online. Not the same as knowing or living there! The place will serve as my "primary residence" but since I spend 75% of my time in other countries I won't be there much, so I may rent it out. That's another thing, how's renting in those areas? Not looking to go over $55k or so, but depends on the place...

Thanks for the help fellas! And if anyones looking to buy a sweet truck check my sig!!!

No trying to be a dick but Good luck finding anything these days! The market has changed in the last 9 months for a buyers market to a sellers market! I bought my house then and its worth about 30k if not more then what i got it for then!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #9207
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
That's weird. Never heard of that happening. Post some pics when you can. If it starts to really bother you let it be known that I have a stock O/R grill I'll sell ya. Plasi-dipped the chrome and painted the logo green, other than that it's in good shape!

Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #9208
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #9209
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Is there some kind of coating over the plastic? Like some kind of clearcoat? The stock plastics should not be doing that, not even if there were 10 years old or more!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #9210
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #9211
daze57 is on a distinguished road
daze57's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #9212
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
^this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze57 View Post
nice truck
Which one? lol
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #9213

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze57 View Post
nice truck
LOL sorry but this is so vague!!! Thanks u guess lol
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #9214
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
He was deff talking about my avatar hahaha.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #9215

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
He was deff talking about my avatar hahaha.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #9216
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
i took mine n if is past the paint warranty. theyll tell u to go screw yourself thats what they told me last friday
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #9217
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question. Does anyone have a grille that they are willing to let go for a small fee or free? I just need the outer part of the grill but I just found out they dont sell just that part.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #9218
doperdee is on a distinguished road
Name: Danielsaaan
doperdee's Tacoma Gallery
would anyone in las vegas like to meet up to show a noob some trails?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #9219
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doperdee View Post
Point and drive, there will be a trail there.

http://bitd.com/best-in-the-desert-r...-mint-400.html
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #9220
Douchebaggery Unparalleled
blkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud of

Name: Christopher
blkdouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BareTaco View Post
We only have emissions testing here in Nevada. I'm not aware as to what the limits are for pass/fail. Gotta pass to register though.

Location? That's a tough one. There is good and bad in almost every part of town. I've been here 10 years and the northeast part of town has always had a negative reputation. The closer you are to the strip the higher your car insurance is due to traffic density. Based on your price range I'm guessing you are looking for an older home to work on? Since you want to rent (which I should warn you that tons of homes are for rent here) I'd suggest that once you find a potential place, look and see how many homes are vacant or being rented around it. You'd probably find rent prices that way too. My friend has a 2 bed/2 bath/1 car garage town house in the southeast that she's been renting for $900 but its been vacant for quite some time. I also know larger homes are going for similar prices. All depends on how desperate the owners are to rent it out. I'd check Craigslist.

Now that the market is showing signs of improvement investors are really making buying a challenge. I know a couple that, just 2 weeks ago, finally had to look at buying new and still had to put their name in a raffle (seriously) against other families and investors to get a lot.

That's my .02

Good luck!
Sheesh, remind me to ask for help if I ever relocate in Vegas

Quote:
No trying to be a dick but Good luck finding anything these days! The market has changed in the last 9 months for a buyers market to a sellers market! I bought my house then and its worth about 30k if not more then what i got it for then!
30K? Daaaaamn, most people are still trying to break even or keep their losses to a minimum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doperdee View Post
I feel like I just saw this in every other Vegas related thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Point and drive, there will be a trail there.

http://bitd.com/best-in-the-desert-r...-mint-400.html
and just keep going and going...

Products Discussed in this Thread