Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Reply
 
Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #9201
First time Taco
xguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud of
 
xguntherc's Avatar
Name: Cory
Joined: Dec 2012, #93383
Location: Vegas
Gender: Male
Posts: 558
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
That's weird. Never heard of that happening. Post some pics when you can. If it starts to really bother you let it be known that I have a stock O/R grill I'll sell ya. Plasi-dipped the chrome and painted the logo green, other than that it's in good shape!

Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #9202
MOT [OP] MOT is offline
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
MOT's Avatar
Name: Daniel
Joined: Nov 2009, #26325
Location: las vegas
Gender: Dude
Posts: 8,060
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #9203
Senior Member
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Fiend13's Avatar
Air Force:
Name: Chad
Joined: Jul 2012, #81853
Location: Sin City
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,685
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
Is there some kind of coating over the plastic? Like some kind of clearcoat? The stock plastics should not be doing that, not even if there were 10 years old or more!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #9204
Senior Member
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JDMjeremy's Avatar
Name: Jeremy
Joined: Oct 2012, #89777
Location: Las Vegas
Gender: Guy
Posts: 239
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Ok. so something is seriously wrong. Maybe it happened the same day and I didn't notice it before, but now my driver side mirror is melting too.

Yes my grill and my driver side mirror's plastic is seriously melting and curling up like a raisin. I'm in San Jose for work and forgot to take a picture, but lets just say it looks like shit.

Something's wrong here. This isn't right. It isn't even summer yet. Seriously confused.
Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #9205
Junior Member
daze57 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2012, #93743
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
daze57's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #9206
Senior Member
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Fiend13's Avatar
Air Force:
Name: Chad
Joined: Jul 2012, #81853
Location: Sin City
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,685
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
^this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze57 View Post
nice truck
Which one? lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #9207
MOT [OP] MOT is offline
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
MOT's Avatar
Name: Daniel
Joined: Nov 2009, #26325
Location: las vegas
Gender: Dude
Posts: 8,060
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze57 View Post
nice truck
LOL sorry but this is so vague!!! Thanks u guess lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #9208
Senior Member
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JDMjeremy's Avatar
Name: Jeremy
Joined: Oct 2012, #89777
Location: Las Vegas
Gender: Guy
Posts: 239
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
He was deff talking about my avatar hahaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #9209
MOT [OP] MOT is offline
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
MOT's Avatar
Name: Daniel
Joined: Nov 2009, #26325
Location: las vegas
Gender: Dude
Posts: 8,060
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
He was deff talking about my avatar hahaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #9210
Senior Member
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
Joined: Jan 2012, #70558
Location: Henderson NV
Gender: Male
Posts: 345
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
i took mine n if is past the paint warranty. theyll tell u to go screw yourself thats what they told me last friday
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #9211
Senior Member
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
Joined: Jan 2012, #70558
Location: Henderson NV
Gender: Male
Posts: 345
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question. Does anyone have a grille that they are willing to let go for a small fee or free? I just need the outer part of the grill but I just found out they dont sell just that part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #9212
Junior Member
doperdee is on a distinguished road
Name: Danielsaaan
Joined: Feb 2013, #97264
Location: las vegas
Gender: Male
Posts: 10
doperdee's Tacoma Gallery
would anyone in las vegas like to meet up to show a noob some trails?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #9213
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DWreck's Avatar
Name: Derek
Joined: May 2010, #37368
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,108
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doperdee View Post
would anyone in las vegas like to meet up to show a noob some trails?
Point and drive, there will be a trail there.

http://bitd.com/best-in-the-desert-r...-mint-400.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #9214
Douchebaggery Unparalleled
blkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud of
 
blkdouttaco's Avatar
Name: Christopher
Joined: Mar 2010, #33612
Location: Derpyville
Gender: Male
Posts: 862
blkdouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BareTaco View Post
We only have emissions testing here in Nevada. I'm not aware as to what the limits are for pass/fail. Gotta pass to register though.

Location? That's a tough one. There is good and bad in almost every part of town. I've been here 10 years and the northeast part of town has always had a negative reputation. The closer you are to the strip the higher your car insurance is due to traffic density. Based on your price range I'm guessing you are looking for an older home to work on? Since you want to rent (which I should warn you that tons of homes are for rent here) I'd suggest that once you find a potential place, look and see how many homes are vacant or being rented around it. You'd probably find rent prices that way too. My friend has a 2 bed/2 bath/1 car garage town house in the southeast that she's been renting for $900 but its been vacant for quite some time. I also know larger homes are going for similar prices. All depends on how desperate the owners are to rent it out. I'd check Craigslist.

Now that the market is showing signs of improvement investors are really making buying a challenge. I know a couple that, just 2 weeks ago, finally had to look at buying new and still had to put their name in a raffle (seriously) against other families and investors to get a lot.

That's my .02

Good luck!
Sheesh, remind me to ask for help if I ever relocate in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
No trying to be a dick but Good luck finding anything these days! The market has changed in the last 9 months for a buyers market to a sellers market! I bought my house then and its worth about 30k if not more then what i got it for then!
30K? Daaaaamn, most people are still trying to break even or keep their losses to a minimum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doperdee View Post
would anyone in las vegas like to meet up to show a noob some trails?
I feel like I just saw this in every other Vegas related thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Point and drive, there will be a trail there.

http://bitd.com/best-in-the-desert-r...-mint-400.html
and just keep going and going...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #9215
Senior Member
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Dcpsychobilly's Avatar
Joined: Feb 2012, #73880
Location: Aurora Colorado
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,333
Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Just checking into the thread lol ill be in vegas in 2 weeks maybe I'll try and hitch a ride to one of your meets and stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #9216
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TheRedTac0's Avatar
Name: Christopher
Joined: Dec 2011, #68834
Location: Las Vegas
Gender: Male
Posts: 457
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpack View Post
Quick question. Does anyone have a grille that they are willing to let go for a small fee or free? I just need the outer part of the grill but I just found out they dont sell just that part.
Yeah I have an outer piece on my current one that I'm getting rid of soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #9217
Senior Member
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
Joined: Jan 2012, #70558
Location: Henderson NV
Gender: Male
Posts: 345
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
Yeah I have an outer piece on my current one that I'm getting rid of soon
If the tabs are long enough ill take it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #9218
Senior Member
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Joined: Feb 2011, #52049
Location: OC, CA
Gender: Dude
Posts: 1,327
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BareTaco View Post
We only have emissions testing here in Nevada. I'm not aware as to what the limits are for pass/fail. Gotta pass to register though.

Location? That's a tough one. There is good and bad in almost every part of town. I've been here 10 years and the northeast part of town has always had a negative reputation. The closer you are to the strip the higher your car insurance is due to traffic density. Based on your price range I'm guessing you are looking for an older home to work on? Since you want to rent (which I should warn you that tons of homes are for rent here) I'd suggest that once you find a potential place, look and see how many homes are vacant or being rented around it. You'd probably find rent prices that way too. My friend has a 2 bed/2 bath/1 car garage town house in the southeast that she's been renting for $900 but its been vacant for quite some time. I also know larger homes are going for similar prices. All depends on how desperate the owners are to rent it out. I'd check Craigslist.

Now that the market is showing signs of improvement investors are really making buying a challenge. I know a couple that, just 2 weeks ago, finally had to look at buying new and still had to put their name in a raffle (seriously) against other families and investors to get a lot.

That's my .02

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
No trying to be a dick but Good luck finding anything these days! The market has changed in the last 9 months for a buyers market to a sellers market! I bought my house then and its worth about 30k if not more then what i got it for then!
Yeah seems like buying is a pain. I've found a lot of condos, well a few at least, with renters already on a lease, and no plans of leaving...

I guess I'll keep off the strip then, insurance really goes up with an address closer to the strip? That's shitty... should be a city or county wide thing! I hate insurance companies.

On the smog test thing, is there a visual part? Or do they just test the tail pipe emissions and call it a day?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #9219
Senior Member
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
Joined: Jan 2012, #70558
Location: Henderson NV
Gender: Male
Posts: 345
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
Yeah seems like buying is a pain. I've found a lot of condos, well a few at least, with renters already on a lease, and no plans of leaving...

I guess I'll keep off the strip then, insurance really goes up with an address closer to the strip? That's shitty... should be a city or county wide thing! I hate insurance companies.

On the smog test thing, is there a visual part? Or do they just test the tail pipe emissions and call it a day?
Henderson ha lower car insurance than a las vegas address. I have cheaper insurance now ha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #9220
Douchebaggery Unparalleled
blkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud of
 
blkdouttaco's Avatar
Name: Christopher
Joined: Mar 2010, #33612
Location: Derpyville
Gender: Male
Posts: 862
blkdouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
Yeah seems like buying is a pain. I've found a lot of condos, well a few at least, with renters already on a lease, and no plans of leaving...

I guess I'll keep off the strip then, insurance really goes up with an address closer to the strip? That's shitty... should be a city or county wide thing! I hate insurance companies.

On the smog test thing, is there a visual part? Or do they just test the tail pipe emissions and call it a day?
Visual checks would be at the DMV for VIN inspection when you first move here, or at least my bike and an air-bagged truck I owned were both scrutinized during that process. So I guess it depends on the overall look of the vehicle in my experience.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Products Discussed in this Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AZ BS Thread 2.0 Kyouto42 Arizona 68655 04-18-2015 08:54 PM
IT BS thread chadderkdawg Technology 1827 04-10-2015 11:33 PM
Skiing BS Thread pyroskier Sports, Hobbies & Interests 183 11-07-2013 02:00 PM


Copyright © 2015 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.