Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #9221
Douchebaggery Unparalleled
blkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud of

Name: Christopher
blkdouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
Yeah seems like buying is a pain. I've found a lot of condos, well a few at least, with renters already on a lease, and no plans of leaving...

I guess I'll keep off the strip then, insurance really goes up with an address closer to the strip? That's shitty... should be a city or county wide thing! I hate insurance companies.

On the smog test thing, is there a visual part? Or do they just test the tail pipe emissions and call it a day?
Visual checks would be at the DMV for VIN inspection when you first move here, or at least my bike and an air-bagged truck I owned were both scrutinized during that process. So I guess it depends on the overall look of the vehicle in my experience.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #9222
BareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
BareTaco's Tacoma Gallery
When I lived in 89109 my car insurance was higher with a 2 mile commute to work than when I moved to 89123. Proximity to the strip was how the agent explained it to me when I asked why my insurance went up. That was a few years back but I think it is still true. This town is very transient so vehicle registration, insurance, etc is easier to tax or inflate since many people do not own homes.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #9223
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you guys been busy up in here! I've been so busy with work, but just wanted to invite you all to come to my pool on Thursday ill set you up with a spot spend the day poolside! Just shoot me a pm if you do it's 21 an over only no youngins
Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #9224
Douchebaggery Unparalleled
blkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud ofblkdouttaco has much to be proud of

Name: Christopher
blkdouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Time to bust out the floaties!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #9225
BareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBareTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
Damn you guys been busy up in here! I've been so busy with work, but just wanted to invite you all to come to my pool on Thursday ill set you up with a spot spend the day poolside! Just shoot me a pm if you do it's 21 an over only no youngins
Thanks man. Bummed that I have to work but I'll keep my water wings on standby in case the offer comes around again.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #9226
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdouttaco View Post

30K? Daaaaamn, most people are still trying to break even or keep their losses to a minimum...
Yup the comps for mountains edge have went up 50 to 60 in some of the bigger houses people are making there money now dude the market has changed big time! I bet you could sell you use fast if you ever wanted to there is not enough houses for the demand right now!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #9227
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
Yeah seems like buying is a pain. I've found a lot of condos, well a few at least, with renters already on a lease, and no plans of leaving...

I guess I'll keep off the strip then, insurance really goes up with an address closer to the strip? That's shitty... should be a city or county wide thing! I hate insurance companies.

On the smog test thing, is there a visual part? Or do they just test the tail pipe emissions and call it a day?

If its OBD2 they only hook up to your port and if you have no check engine light your fine.

OBD1 they do a sniff test and visual
Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #9228
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BareTaco View Post
Thanks man. Bummed that I have to work but I'll keep my water wings on standby in case the offer comes around again.
The offer is always on the table, just let me know whenever you want to come by
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #9229

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
The offer is always on the table, just let me know whenever you want to come by
Woohoo! Sweet!

I got home just in time to meet the UPS driver with my parts. Happy dance!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #9230
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Woohoo! Sweet!

Are you gonna be saving the instal for the mod day?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #9231
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
Banks are holding in to the houses to help drive demand up= drive prices up. There are a lot of houses but banks won't make them available.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #9232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post

Are you gonna be saving the instal for the mod day?

it is a possibility!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #9234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Just need tires now!
Yup!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #9235
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Woohoo! Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Just need tires now!
Might I recommend the Fierce MTs I am currently running. Everyone will know you're a badass with barbed wire on your tires and you will be the envy of everyone who has sub-badass tires. Oh, and they have tacked everything I have thrown at them including pulling two race trucks simultaniously through silt, rock, asphalt. The tread life is amazing as well. I bought mine with supposedly 10k miles on them, I have put another 50k on them, and they are still knobby as hell, look great with minimal "chunkin".
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #9236
First time Taco
xguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud of

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
bought from a Nissan dealership. Take it to Toyota though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Is there some kind of coating over the plastic? Like some kind of clearcoat? The stock plastics should not be doing that, not even if there were 10 years old or more!
I have clear bra on my doors, fenders, under handles where fingers scrape and such, but there's nothing on the grill, and pretty sure there's nothing on my side mirrors either. I'm going to go look right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
I wonder if it's a chemical at the Pit Stop car wash. Been there 3 times with my Tacoma the past month. Noticed both of these plastics melting a few days after I went through twice in a row after first round didn't get the bugs off from a road trip. hmmmmm
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #9237
First time Taco
xguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud ofxguntherc has much to be proud of

I'm seriously f****in pissed.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #9238
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
bought from a Nissan dealership. Take it to Toyota though?

I have clear bra on my doors, fenders, under handles where fingers scrape and such, but there's nothing on the grill, and pretty sure there's nothing on my side mirrors either. I'm going to go look right now.

I wonder if it's a chemical at the Pit Stop car wash. Been there 3 times with my Tacoma the past month. Noticed both of these plastics melting a few days after I went through twice in a row after first round didn't get the bugs off from a road trip. hmmmmm
This is pretty damn weird. Can we see some pics?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #9239
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't said anything in a day or two... so i wanna stick my nose in!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #9240
First time Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
This is pretty damn weird. Can we see some pics?
I'll get pictures tomorrow. I took one tonight but it's dark and doesn't show justice (but still looks like shit)

After doing some searching, it sounds goofy but could be due to energy efficient windows reflecting the sun. Which in turn gets much hotter than usual and is melting the cheaper than most cars plastic on Toyota tacoma's and Prius cars.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mirrors-3.html

look through comments. The 2nd and 3rd page have pictures of the window reflection.. It might be where I'm parking my Taco in this apartment complex with huge windows right in front of it. Interesting to say the least.

Products Discussed in this Thread