Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #9241
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
WTF take that shit to the dealer ASAP!!!
bought from a Nissan dealership. Take it to Toyota though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Is there some kind of coating over the plastic? Like some kind of clearcoat? The stock plastics should not be doing that, not even if there were 10 years old or more!
I have clear bra on my doors, fenders, under handles where fingers scrape and such, but there's nothing on the grill, and pretty sure there's nothing on my side mirrors either. I'm going to go look right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMjeremy View Post
Or have you ever wiped down your plastics with something sketchy? There's a ton of cleaning chemicals that would "burn" the plastics on the truck...
I wonder if it's a chemical at the Pit Stop car wash. Been there 3 times with my Tacoma the past month. Noticed both of these plastics melting a few days after I went through twice in a row after first round didn't get the bugs off from a road trip. hmmmmm
Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #9242
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

I'm seriously f****in pissed.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #9243
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
bought from a Nissan dealership. Take it to Toyota though?

I have clear bra on my doors, fenders, under handles where fingers scrape and such, but there's nothing on the grill, and pretty sure there's nothing on my side mirrors either. I'm going to go look right now.

I wonder if it's a chemical at the Pit Stop car wash. Been there 3 times with my Tacoma the past month. Noticed both of these plastics melting a few days after I went through twice in a row after first round didn't get the bugs off from a road trip. hmmmmm
This is pretty damn weird. Can we see some pics?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #9244
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't said anything in a day or two... so i wanna stick my nose in!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #9245
First time Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
This is pretty damn weird. Can we see some pics?
I'll get pictures tomorrow. I took one tonight but it's dark and doesn't show justice (but still looks like shit)

After doing some searching, it sounds goofy but could be due to energy efficient windows reflecting the sun. Which in turn gets much hotter than usual and is melting the cheaper than most cars plastic on Toyota tacoma's and Prius cars.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mirrors-3.html

look through comments. The 2nd and 3rd page have pictures of the window reflection.. It might be where I'm parking my Taco in this apartment complex with huge windows right in front of it. Interesting to say the least.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #9246
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
^ Interesting....Sounds like that could be your problem. Kinda like the sun through a magnifying glass effect.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #9247
Rizzy has a spectacular aura aboutRizzy has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeff
Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
This happened to me back in July. Was parked at work one day, came out and saw this. Never did find out who/what did it. Traded the trunk in a month later and got a new one :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Vegas BS Thread!-img_3094.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #9248
First time Taco

haha you traded it in because of that, or just in general a week later?

Yea shit is crazy. Not liking it
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #9249
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzy View Post
This happened to me back in July. Was parked at work one day, came out and saw this. Never did find out who/what did it. Traded the trunk in a month later and got a new one :-)
Email me any pictures of these you can find. I'd like to ask a contact at Toyota about it. Please and thank you. (Famousfabrication@hotmail.com)
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #9250
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
anyone want Deaver J66 leafs w/ u bolts and or Firestone Airbags? and or Weathertech window visors for a double cab minus one of the rears and or 14" stroke piggyback King Racing bypass shocks? and or TRD all weather rubber floormats (fronts only, brand new in the box?)
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #9251
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
anyone want Deaver J66 leafs w/ u bolts and or Firestone Airbags? and or Weathertech window visors for a double cab minus one of the rears and or 14" stroke piggyback King Racing bypass shocks? and or TRD all weather rubber floormats (fronts only, brand new in the box?)
Changing directions? Or this is your old stuff?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #9252
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
Prices! Pics!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #9253
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Changing directions? Or this is your old stuff?
changing directions and my old stuff LOL the springs and airbags are still on the truck, the shocks, mats and window visors are in the garage... I'll get pics tomorrow
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #9254

Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha you traded it in because of that, or just in general a week later?

Yea shit is crazy. Not liking it
Haha, no, it wasn't planned. I was just about to fix it when I got a call from my guy at Toyota. They had a 2012 DCSB Sport 4x4 and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I had a 2011 Prerunner that I bought when I lived in GA. I lived in downtown Atlanta and didn't have much need for 4x4 at the time. Then I moved out here and was kicking myself for not getting 4x4. Plus, I had leased the Prerunner and really wanted to buy, but wasn't going to buy what I knew I would eventually trade in anyway. I'll probably keep the one I have now until I run it into the ground, they come out with a new generation and just really like it and have to have it, or finally decide to go with a Tundra 4x4.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #9255

Rizzy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Email me any pictures of these you can find. I'd like to ask a contact at Toyota about it. Please and thank you. (Famousfabrication@hotmail.com)
I'll send you some tonight. Took a few from different angles.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #9256
First time Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
It appears to also be happening on a few Prius cars too. Seems like they are using the same cheap plastic.

Let me go out and snap a few more photos of my truck and I'll email them your way DWreck. I'd love to hear what they say. I'll also be taking mine in to Toyota this weekend and bitching.

Edit* Took like 5 pictures of this ridiculousness
http://imgur.com/a/XxCmo

Here's one. Depressing!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #9257
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can we have a do over on the Tacos el Gordo thing?? I really wanted to go but of course a couple things came up on the day of!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #9258
First time Taco

Quote:
Can we have a do over on the Tacos el Gordo thing?? I really wanted to go but of course a couple things came up on the day of!!!!!!!!
Can I have a do over on my shit not melting.. lols
Old 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #9259

Quote:
Can I have a do over on my shit not melting.. lols
It's a sign to do the Satoshi or one-piece fiberglass hahahaa.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #9260
First time Taco

Yea but I'm not sure if I like the Satoshi look or not. We'll see

Products Discussed in this Thread