1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegas BS Thread!

Discussion in 'South West' started by MOT, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM
    TacoShredsn

TacoShredsn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 White PreRunner Supercharged M/T DCSB
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    So I was schemin' and came up with this. It would require some bumper modification...wondering if it's worth it and how much it might cost to do the mod. Matt MCM, anybody? What do you guys think?

Excuse the cheesy photoshop :eek:

Now
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Mar 5, 2014 at 12:22 AM
    DWreck

DWreck Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
    30"? Doesn't seem too hard. Post side by side of current bumper configuration.

3. Mar 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    Edited post. And yeah would that be a 30"? I was thinking 20"

4. Mar 5, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    Rizzy

Rizzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    "Midnight Taco"
    Bilstein 5100's up front, black bull bar, black tube steps.
    I might be willing. Call your guy and find out. I know Best Buy will do the SmartStart system for $499 installed, which is a price set by DEI. I just don't trust Best Buy's install guys to do a clean installation. I'd also want to do two 530T's for the windows, and it seems installers always charge a hefty price to install the window modules. I've consider getting the alarm on Amazon at $260, but a lot of authorized DEI dealers won't install a Viper alarm if you bought it somewhere else. Viper's are supposed to be sold "install only" per dealer agreements. I thought about doing it myself, but it's been 10+ years since I've installed a car alarm.

5. Mar 5, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I also have considered the Amazon deal but just like you said...the installation/dealer purchase requirement is what stopped me from buying the system from a third party. I'll call my guy and get some quotes and let you know if he can cut us a deal.

6. Mar 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    sirhk100

sirhk100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    10 days away from being minty fresh!!!

[​IMG]

7. Mar 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    DWreck

DWreck Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
    Whoop!

8. Mar 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    sirhk100

sirhk100 Well-Known Member

Member:
  9. Mar 5, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    The morning my truck was broken into I went right to Best Buy as soon as it opened and had a viper alarm/remote start installed. The install is clean and haven't had any problems since it was installed Halloween of 2012. Would like to have another stereo installed but I want to find somewhere other than best buy. They kinda rape you stereo installs as far as pricing goes. Had my first stereo installed there. It was about $350 for the unit, another $150 for parts, and then install. I wanna say total it was like $600....never doing that again, lol. I can install normal single din units but not sure how to do the double dins with bluetooth and all that.

10. Mar 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    TacoShredsn

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Audio Express does $1 installs but only if you buy product from them. Cheap install but they rape you on the equipment. Double DIN isn't much different from single DIN. I did my double on my own but it was simply wiring to a color matched wire harness. Didn't have bluetooth but that's usually built in/wireless.

11. Mar 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Audio Express $1 install gets you in the door. Get the stuff cheaper somewhere else and install it yourself.

That said, I did get an alarm installed in my last truck at Audio Express and they did a great job. Never had a problem in 3 years, then I sold it for my Taco.

12. Mar 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    Rizzy

Rizzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    "Midnight Taco"
    Every authorized dealer should be $499 for a the Viper VSS5000 (SmartStart) including installation. Another dealer agreement thing so that Best Buy can't be undercut by another local authorized dealer. So I'm expecting to pay the $499, but want to see how much they're going to charge me to install a couple of window modules since that entails A LOT of extra wiring. Also want to get some pricing for some new door speakers, an LC6i, amplifier, maybe a sub. But I can probably get everything cheaper online and just have them install it. Still on the fence if I want to try and take the time myself to do it.

13. Mar 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    JDMjeremy

JDMjeremy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD OR

Get the alarm and stuff installed at Best Buy or wherever you decide but do all the audio stuff yourself. I don't do much wiring at all but aftermarket audio stuff is really straight forward and simple. Tutorials everywhere.

14. Mar 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    Rizzy

Rizzy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    "Midnight Taco"
    Yeah, I know. I actually used to do car stereo installations back in my younger days, but it's been 10+ years. Honestly it has more to do with with having the time and patience, not my ability to do it. I may go that route though, get an installer to do the alarm, and I do the rest.

15. Mar 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    monstajp

monstajp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport debadged
    Debadged, Blacked Out Taillights and 3rd Brakelight , Blacked Out Grille, Blacked Out Lower Valence, Hot Wheels Badges, Yellow Fog Lights, Rims and Tires. Undercover Swing Case, Pop-A-Lock on my Tailgate, N-FAB Step Bars, Extang Trifecta Bed cover, Aero Cat- Back Exhaust, PIAA Extreme white 4000k Bulbs, Readylift 2.25 Leveling Kit.
    I sold my rims today.now its time to decide on what 17" wheels to get.

16. Mar 8, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL

neqy9aqe_238734ac927ec4d7143ee7d6b05856c51ae21d28.jpg

Hit up Stealth Custom Series! These are our Stealth 6's. Hit me up for pricing. Were also on Tw. Just search Stealth Custom Series and it should pop up.

:wave:

17. Mar 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    JDMjeremy

JDMjeremy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD OR
    For those of you that were interested in my bumper, suspension and wheels, I should hear from my insurance Monday. Not sure how it goes if I'm claiming them, may not be able to remove them.

18. Mar 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    sevank21

sevank21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walker
    las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2016 4x4 offroad
    Anyone recommend a good tint shop?

19. Mar 8, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    M C M