1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegas BS Thread!

Discussion in 'South West' started by MOT, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 2:26 AM
    monstajp

monstajp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport debadged
    Debadged, Blacked Out Taillights and 3rd Brakelight , Blacked Out Grille, Blacked Out Lower Valence, Hot Wheels Badges, Yellow Fog Lights, Rims and Tires. Undercover Swing Case, Pop-A-Lock on my Tailgate, N-FAB Step Bars, Extang Trifecta Bed cover, Aero Cat- Back Exhaust, PIAA Extreme white 4000k Bulbs, Readylift 2.25 Leveling Kit.
    I spoke to some of you guys about my truck (especially Mitch and Greg).ive come to the conclusion that the best thing for me to spend money on right now is SKID PLATES.
    So, who has some and where did you guys get them? name brand or Fab shop? $$$? is a 4pc set necessary?
    btw I will most likely PM a lot of you guys with questions about all sorts of things.i hope you don't mind..
    thanks to everybody in advance for your input

2. Mar 27, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Not sure about anyone local but check the buy/sell/trade section. There are vendors/members on here that sell beefed up skid plates, if you haven't already. I mean, it's a start.

3. Mar 27, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    I always wear my seatbelt :)

4. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    What days are you going to be in vegas. so u driving in?

5. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    gbtoy4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    Josh & I are doing a run to logandale on Sun. on 4-6. need 4x4. Petro is the choice for meetup. more details to follow

6. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I'll be flying in on the 2nd, work for a few hours on the 3rd and 4th, and then I fly back to Missouri on the 5th.

Sharing a rental with 3 other people... But all of the others have people they want to meet up with in the area, so I may get to use the rental care for myself one of those days.

7. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    gbtoy4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Well doesn't look like you will be in town for the logandale run.

8. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    PcBuilder14

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Haha nope.

9. Mar 28, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    TacoShredsn

TacoShredsn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 White PreRunner Supercharged M/T DCSB
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    Skid plates...why? Are you planning on doing some heavy rock crawling? If you don't plan on doing as much wheeling as you say, you won't benefit from them. You said you wanted to be capable, not indestructible. Good protection sure, but probably overkill. I haven't seen many Tacos out here run them except for the 4x4 and expo guys with already heavy armor. Also, you're 4x2 so you probably won't be crawling your truck over places where your undercarriage is going to make enough contact to even worry about having skids. It's just added weight. If you really want skid plates, buy used or just none at all and save your money. Just trying to help you out.

10. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    monstajp

monstajp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport debadged
    Debadged, Blacked Out Taillights and 3rd Brakelight , Blacked Out Grille, Blacked Out Lower Valence, Hot Wheels Badges, Yellow Fog Lights, Rims and Tires. Undercover Swing Case, Pop-A-Lock on my Tailgate, N-FAB Step Bars, Extang Trifecta Bed cover, Aero Cat- Back Exhaust, PIAA Extreme white 4000k Bulbs, Readylift 2.25 Leveling Kit.
    thanks for the input.i wouldn't mind being indestructible but you make a good point ,im not going to be doing any heavy rock crawling. since I don't have a lift I thought I might be more likely to scrape on obstacles on trails so skid plates seemed to make sense. the last thing I want to do is waste money.thats why I ask so many questions.i don't plan on buying anything major anytime soon so I am just trying to get information and opinions from all of you who have a lot more experience than I do.
    i originally wanted an X-Runner but I couldn't fit a car seat for my kid in the access cab.so I got my prerunner ,met BBT and now I am a little obsessed, and I want to go play in the dirt with you guys.there is such a sense of community and comradery with you guys .I think it is awesome .and there are so many places to go too. it is all very convenient and the best part is its FREE.track time for a sports cars is really expensive.at least we only have to pay for parts and maintenance.and of course gas.
    anyways,
    thanks again for the input

11. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    TacoShredsn

TacoShredsn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 White PreRunner Supercharged M/T DCSB
    Maxtrac spindles, Raptor Style Satoshi Grille, BHLM, HID headlights, Rugged Ridge HID lights, LightForce light locks, custom fabricated off-road bumper, smoked tail lights w/LEDs, Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double DIN w/ parking brake microbypass, 2 Kicker 12" subwoofers w/ Sony Xplod 800w amp, Moto Metal 951s, BFG AT 285s, GoRhino Dominator II steps, K&N cold air intake, blue LED interior dome light, white LED interior overhead lights, LEDGlow Blue interior lighting, LED license plate lights, front Fox 2.5 Coilover shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, rear Fox 2.0 adj resi's, Custom 3" Deaver J66 Leaf Springs, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Carbon XP windshield tint, FatMat sound deadening, back-up camera
    Yeah, of course man! I've become pretty close with the crew and I've learned a lot. The more meets you go to and the more people you talk to, you'll figure out more and more about your truck and what you can do to it. I would have made a lot of mistakes in the beginning if I hadn't asked anyone on the forums first so it's definitely good you ask. The X-runner world is a lot different than the prerunner world that's for sure so I can see why going from street to dirt might be somewhat confusing. The meets are a great way to pick up on what to do for early first mods. Good move on the new wheel/tire setup by the way. You've gone the right direction so far.

12. Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    JDMjeremy

JDMjeremy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD OR
    Brand new 0 miles still boxed and wrapped SCS F-5 with gold decals. $200 for both.
    uqa8ehaj_294e786ab78b8d37e70e8feda019e4f750112181.jpg
    se6enyze_c4c948bbfe914a742f7f4bd76968bf3b4cc71745.jpg

Very good condition OEM 2nd gen headlights. Sat on my dresser since I bought them, never made it on the truck RIP. The dot on the one is just a little sticker, I'll clean it before sale.
    enuvyza4_13f0b4b118fab14308345371f937e48895ef1bda.jpg
    me5e6yzy_cf65943c5fad3f3c5c1f76a3d29b510df5cd43c4.jpg

Still have a radiant red front bumper with foglights, and a passenger side fender. Missing the flare. Literally $20 takes both or I'm tossing them this weekend.

I have 3 pitbikes as well I no longer want. If anyone is interested in those, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Just trying to make room for two more trucks in the garage haha.

13. Mar 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    So the time has come to get rid of our Jeep (sad day). Wife wants to trade it in for a 2014 Rav4. Only reason we're doing this is because our daughter will be born in 8 weeks and the Jeep isn't really the safest. Plus, 2 door with a 4" lift on 35's makes it a little hard to get in and out of the back seat. We test drove a new Rav4 XLE and those things are pretty nice. A 4 cylinder motor has come a long way compared to my civic from over 10 years ago. I was pretty impressed. Tried talking her into taking my Tacoma and me getting a new Tundra, lol. Anyways, if any of y'all know anyone with a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon 2dr looking for a hard top, let me know! Ours will be up for sale $1200, obo.

14. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    AMH3RST

AMH3RST eat, sleep, work

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    Camburg +3.5" LT; King Shocks 2.5x8"; King Shocks 2x2" Bump Stops; Maxtrac 4" spindles; Deaver J66 leafs; King Shocks 12x2"; BAMF Rear Shock Relocate; KMC Enduro 16x9; BFG KM3 315/75R16; BAMF BTG Light Bar; 2 20" Toughlight Pro Series LED Light Bars; Cab Cage
    Customer vehicles. I work at a Toyota dealership.

15. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Today I learned... that Tacoma's need to be a little bit wider.

Went to Star Nursery and the pallet of Flagstone I bought didn't fit in the back of my Taco, too wide. WEAK!

16. Mar 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    BigCarbs

BigCarbs Well-Known Member

Member:

$1,200??? I'll take it

17. Mar 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    I'll talk with the wife in the morning about it. I'm at work now and she'll be asleep when I get off. We lost the mounting hardware (6 bolts) when we moved and the wiper needs a new blade. Other than that it's in great condition.

18. Mar 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Talked with the wife a bit ago, if you're still interested it's yours.

19. Mar 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    $1200. $12,000 is a bit much for a hard top, lol

20. Mar 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    gbtoy4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Deleted msg. figured out it was not the jeep for $1200

To Top