Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Vegas BS Thread!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #11321
Lateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant future

Name: Steve
Lateralus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Might be a dumb question since I hadn't really looked them up but can you use an AFE dry filter on the K&N cai setup? I can see myself getting the K&N and NEVER clean or oiling the filter, lol. But for $130, you can't beat that! Especially for a cold air! I have the itch to add lower end things to the truck. That's why I bought the tail lights and maybe thinking CAI but I really want spindles and a 3" expo leaf pack so I can get rid of the AAL and then start working towards a bumper.

Lateralus - What kind of bumper are you running? Looks like the Brute Force hybrid and thats the bumper I want. Need a rear one too eventually since I was the victim of a hit and run.
No idea on the AFE/K&N thing.. The opening on the AFE filter is huge! I want to say over 5".. Never really measured it though.

Yes, that's a BF bumper. I freaking LOVE it! Billy is a great guy to deal with. About 3 weeks ago I placed an order for his High Clearance with swing out rear. Got about another 9 weeks to go before that shows up.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #11322
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
No idea on the AFE/K&N thing.. The opening on the AFE filter is huge! I want to say over 5".. Never really measured it though.

Yes, that's a BF bumper. I freaking LOVE it! Billy is a great guy to deal with. About 3 weeks ago I placed an order for his High Clearance with swing out rear. Got about another 9 weeks to go before that shows up.
Yeah, I heard he was a great guy to deal with and I love his work. I also had heard that his turn around time can be quite a while but his work is well worth the wait to me. Can't wait to see it the swing out.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #11323
eat, sleep, paintball
AMH3RST is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
AMH3RST's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen people mount an aem dry filter to the k&n intake using an adapter. I too want to look into that.

And happy early bday! Because I'll forget.. Haha..
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #11324
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMH3RST View Post
I've seen people mount an aem dry filter to the k&n intake using an adapter. I too want to look into that.

And happy early bday! Because I'll forget.. Haha..
Thanks man! I may look into getting the K&N CAI then.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #11325

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for the K&N CAI and all I can find it is for around $280
Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #11326
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Quote:
$130 for the whole stage 2 kit? That's a deal!!

Pro Dry filter is great.. 2 or 3 times a year it gets cleaned.
I use a air compressor then wash it in the sink. Air dry and it's right back on. Even have a couple cold ones while it drys.
Quote:
Might be a dumb question since I hadn't really looked them up but can you use an AFE dry filter on the K&N cai setup? I can see myself getting the K&N and NEVER clean or oiling the filter, lol. But for $130, you can't beat that! Especially for a cold air!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMH3RST View Post
It was a deal! Ha however I didn't mention I bought the kit lightly used but in great condition with only 5k miles on it. The guy bought it for his wife's Tacoma and she ended up trading it in for a Scion so my gain!

I'd consider throwing an AFE dry filter on my K&N intake if it was interchangeable just to avoid the oiling process. Mitch, I like that adapter idea. We should look into that, you know how it is. If not I might resort to your 'taping off the fender hole' idea.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #11327
gbtoy4x4 will become famous soon enough

Name: Greg
gbtoy4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You in town? Logandale 4-6 @9am @petro
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #11329

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
My new tails came in and I love them! Sorry for the phone pics and the sun was being a bitch.

Can't wait to see them at night.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #11330

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Liked the look of the tail lights so much I went ahead and ordered this to match.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-BL...rd+brake+light
Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #11331
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Greg! Yeah I'm down for that!

Petro- Is that the gas station by the 15 and 93?
15 and speedway blvd
Old 04-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #11332
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Saw Steve's truck in a parking lot. Had to do it.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #11334
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe if I beg and plead with the wife I can get a bumper for my birthday (which is friday). I'll be 30 and I want something memorable, lol.
LOL dam everyone is getting old now haha
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #11335

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
LOL dam everyone is getting old now haha
It's what we do...but fuck it, I'm still gonna collect comic books and play video games (occasionally) lol.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #11336
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's what we do...but fuck it, I'm still gonna collect comic books and play video games (occasionally) lol.
HAHA right on let me know how you like that 3rd light!

Side note Battle Born Tacomas is going to be doing a trail run/ night run /bonfire maybe over night in jean April 12th maybe who is down????
Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #11337

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I installed some stuff on the truck yesterday and my cool neighbor helped me wire them up!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #11338

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT View Post
HAHA right on let me know how you like that 3rd light!

Side note Battle Born Tacomas is going to be doing a trail run/ night run /bonfire maybe over night in jean April 12th maybe who is down????
Nice lights! And as far as the BBT meet goes, I'm gonna say yes as of right now. Not sure about overnight but I would like to finally meet some of y'all. As soon as the third brake light comes in I'll post it and let y'all know.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #11339
monstajp is on a distinguished road

Name: joshua
monstajp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe if I beg and plead with the wife I can get a bumper for my birthday (which is friday). I'll be 30 and I want something memorable, lol.
Quote:
I like your style Chad!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #11340
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Liked the look of the tail lights so much I went ahead and ordered this to match.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-BL...rd+brake+light
Now your ready to kill some Zombies!!!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread