1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegas BS Thread!

Discussion in 'South West' started by MOT, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Im sure that was nice

2. Jun 21, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    Justified

Justified Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2023 MGM 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Guys I really want to upgrade my entune radio to the type that FL trucks sells but so far no luck with him. I'm sure he has his hands full with the weather they've been having so does anyone have any ideas? I've looked on ebay, Craigslist and around the Internet but it's either very expensive or non existent. Any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 22, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    My temp gauge was showing 122 this weekend too. I'm sure it goes higher, but that's the highest I've ever seen it report.

So I have a not fun story to share. O'Reilly Auto parts sold me USED oil... Yea, no lie! On Saturday I changed my oil in the 113 degree's heat, and sitting under my black truck was no fun. Sooo there I am sweating my balls off changing my oil. I'm pretty much done with my little project and ready to add the 5qt of Mobil1 5w-30 full synthetic oil to my ride, and I got a little surprise. Twist off the cap and the seal is broken, and it's sludge BLACK completely used and nasty oil. That came right off the shelf at O'Reilly. I was pissed. Had to wait for my GF to come home so I could drive up the street, show them it and my receipt and get a new can to finish my oil change.

I'm assuming someone returned some used oil to be recycled, and somehow it ended up on the shelf. That's a pretty big "oops" if you ask me. I could also see how this would look/sound like a scam to the employee's, but I'm an honest dude and would never do that. The manager acted very surprised and quickly gave me a fresh new jug off the shelf. I made sure to check that seal before I left, then went home and finished my oil change, all while sweating off about 5 lbs.

So yeah, tip of the day - check the seal on your oil before you leave the store.

[​IMG]

4. Jun 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM
    samiam

samiam Always here, never there

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Stinky Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OR DCSB 4.0 6MT 1E7 Alu Cab
    Workin' on Workin' on it
    Good tip. I would never think to check the seal.

5. Jun 22, 2015 at 1:38 PM
    Justified

Justified Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2023 MGM 4x4 TRD Off Road
    I would hope they aren't dishonest and someone picked it up to shelve it thinking they were doing the right thing but you never know theses days.

6. Jun 22, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Yea I'd hope so too. I can't see how that would benefit them, unless an employee was trying to steal oil. Otherwise inventory would be off.. I'm hoping it was just a mistake, but you'd think there's a dedicated place for recycled oil, and new product. Just saying.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a wash/clay bar/wax done here in Vegas?

7. Jun 23, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    sirhk100

sirhk100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was up in Tonopah this past weekend. Temps were definitely reasonable compared to here in Vegas!

Ahhhh, my bad... I'd be of no help on that as our long travel toyota isn't street legal. I can say though, the street manners of every LT truck I've ever ridden in have been great!

And that used oil thing is crazy! They won't take my used oil anymore. They say I need a license of some sort to dispose of the amount I do and claim that I'm a shop and not private. LOL, sorry... I have 5 vehicles, one being a diesel so there's a few gallons itself. 2 of the gas engines get oil changed every 500-1000 miles typically so there's a pretty high amount of turn over and then on top of that I have 18 race shocks total in my driveway that I service and keep fresh so that's a reasonable amount of oil as well that I'm cycling thru. I buy shock oil in the 5 gallon buckets to give you an idea.

So... Since they won't take my oil, I usually roll by about 9-10pm and just leave it on their door step. I highly doubt they're just dumping it down the drain and I assume they take it at that point. LOL Sorry that I have a high oil consumption rate, you'd think they'd be thanking me for the amount of oil I buy from them. Although, I've been getting my stuff from Walmart lately. Stupidly I never realized how much cheaper walmart actually is for oil!

8. Jun 24, 2015 at 6:22 AM
    BigCarbs

BigCarbs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Over the years I have got two 5qt Mobil 1 from Walmart that had seals intact on the cap and the foil that contained used oil. After doing some digging around and experiments people actually replace seals and return the used oil as new to get money back. The seal on the lid comes off easy without breaking. Glue on new foil and it looks legit. It wasn't just in Vegas either, I found cases scattered across the country. Some people will go to great lengths for $25 I guess

9. Jun 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    Lateralus

Lateralus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Off Road
    Too many to list..
    Anyone going to the BLM Closure Area Meeting tonight @ 6pm?
    CSN West Charleston Campus of CSN Building K RM 101.
    Representatives from the BLM will be there to clarify land closure areas and future BLM plans.

http://sites.csn.edu/virtualtour/CharlestonCampus.pdf

Just heard the meeting is now canceled...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  10. Jun 24, 2015 at 6:59 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    God damnit... Can anyone recommend a good place to get my interior cleaned?

Girlfriend left a Pepsi in my Black truck... 113° today = soda explosion freaking everywhere!!! So mad right now.

20150624_185347.jpg

11. Jun 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    iseeredandyellow

iseeredandyellow I wanna go fast!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 DCSB 4wd OR Speedway Blue
    Hit up the best detail. My buddy Richard does a phenomenal job at a good price. His number is 702 704 5154

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  12. Jun 24, 2015 at 8:38 PM
    BigCarbs

Member:
    Bought this 2015 DCSB OR 4x4 two weeks ago and had a vibration highway speeds. Had discount flip them black wall out and rebalance twice. Still vibrates. Now I get to make a trip to the dealer.

13. Jun 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Fuck, good luck.

14. Jun 24, 2015 at 9:49 PM
    BigCarbs

Member:
    Mr wallet hoping it's something stupid like a defective tire. Starts around 45mph you can feel it in the floor 65mph the steering wheel shakes a little. Pretty much gone at 70+

15. Jun 24, 2015 at 9:54 PM
    PapaBear

PapaBear Never test how deep the water is with both feet.

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    SIN CITY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PR 4.0... Aaaand she’s GONE
    Soft Suspension Hard Rubber ®
    Wow!!! Took me long enough to find this thread... Hi fellow locals!

16. Jun 24, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    samiam

samiam Always here, never there

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Stinky Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OR DCSB 4.0 6MT 1E7 Alu Cab
    Workin' on Workin' on it
    Sounds like fun...enjoy.

17. Jun 25, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    Vegas Tacoma

Vegas Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner sr5(RIP) 2018 Focus Hatchback
    What O'Reillys did this happen at

Hey Ryan is that your truck I've seen in the houses behind town center lounge on sky point

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  18. Jun 25, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Is there a certain spot that you have to shoot fireworks off or can you shoot a firework off with a little bit of common sense anywhere and where's the best place to get fireworks out there plz?

19. Jun 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Your buddy never text me back.

and b.prall this was the O'Reilly's on Spring Mnt near Jones, actually. Usually a good store. Not sure if just a mistake, or what to make of it.

20. Jun 26, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    iseeredandyellow

iseeredandyellow I wanna go fast!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 DCSB 4wd OR Speedway Blue
    The Boulder city dry lake bed is fair game. I can't speak for the jean one. Metro is usually busy on the 4th with bigger problems. But just shoot em off if you're ok with the neighbors

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top