Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Utah Members Meet And Greet

Old 05-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

stephbm6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
Any Utah members interested in a meet and great in the Salt Lake area?
It might be cool to meet other Tacoma owners in the SL valley. I shot this thread to the Utah Members thread to see what will happen.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. I can come to SLC on Thursday, Friday and some Saturday depending on my work schedule. Let us know.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
babbott is on a distinguished road
babbott's Tacoma Gallery
Could be fun.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
jdmbb6 is on a distinguished road

jdmbb6's Tacoma Gallery
How about this guys?

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...ht=cars+coffee

These pics are from last year. The turn outs this year are a lot bigger. Skylines, Ferraris, and Tacomas?

I am there most sat's with my prelude. There is a good diversity of cars at the meet.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbm6 View Post
It might be cool to meet other Tacoma owners in the SL valley. I shot this thread to the Utah Members thread to see what will happen.
Sweet man. I think we could have some fun. There are a ton of trucks in the area. Just wish more were on TW.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm thinking we could meet up, show off our trucks, then maybe go on a trail run. Know any good trails that are decently mellow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
I’m interested. What do you have in mind?
Quote:
I'm thinking we could meet up, show off our trucks, then maybe go on a trail run. Know any good trails that are decently mellow?
Sounds good to me. Just give me a time and date.

The best / closest place I can think of with plenty of mild to wild trails would be Five Mile Pass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Mile_Pass.
It's 20 miles west of Lehi on the Utah County and Tooele County line. I have only take my truck out there once but have been on a lot of the trails with my dirt bike on other occasions.

Another fun place is the road that goes from the B in Bountiful along skyline drive to the towers on Francis Peak (AKA Farmington peak). However as of 5/29/10 it’s impassable due to snow.

These are only suggestions, living in the great state of Utah we have a lot of options.

Here are some pics from the areas I've mentioned.

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Five Mile Pass looking North towards the majority of trails

One on many tailings piles. Lots of mines out there.

Looking east towards Mt Timpanogos & Utah Lake

B in Bountiful to Francis Peak

Behind Francis Peak

Looking West towards Francis peak from the back side.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good to me. Just give me a time and date.

The best / closest place I can think of with plenty of mild to wild trails would be Five Mile Pass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Mile_Pass.
It's 20 miles west of Lehi on the Utah County and Tooele County line. I have only take my truck out there once but have been on a lot of the trails with my dirt bike on other occasions.

Another fun place is the road that goes from the B in Bountiful along skyline drive to the towers on Francis Peak (AKA Farmington peak). However as of 5/29/10 itís impassable due to snow.

These are only suggestions, living in the great state of Utah we have a lot of options.

Here are some pics from the areas I've mentioned.

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Five Mile Pass looking North towards the majority of trails

One on many tailings piles. Lots of mines out there.

Looking east towards Mt Timpanogos & Utah Lake

B in Bountiful to Francis Peak

Behind Francis Peak

Looking West towards Francis peak from the back side.
That looks awesome. I would be down for sure. I am kind of a pansy in my truck as far as trails go because I would be sick if something happened to her. Wanna get together and check some stuff out in the next couple of weeks then we can plan a bigger trip?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That looks awesome. I would be down for sure. I am kind of a pansy in my truck as far as trails go because I would be sick if something happened to her. Wanna get together and check some stuff out in the next couple of weeks then we can plan a bigger trip?
I know what you mean, Iíve yet to have my truck in a situation that damage was real a concern. Let me know when you when you want to go and we can hopefully work something out and get some others to come with. Five mile is fun on a dirt bike because there are so many trails and a lot of cool stuff to see. I can make most any time even a weekday if I have enough notice (lot's of vacation time to burn).

Where do you ride at?

Anyone else in Utah ride dirt bikes or quads interested in a ride?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #14

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know what you mean, Iíve yet to have my truck in a situation that damage was real a concern. Let me know when you when you want to go and we can hopefully work something out and get some others to come with. Five mile is fun on a dirt bike because there are so many trails and a lot of cool stuff to see. I can make most any time even a weekday if I have enough notice (lot's of vacation time to burn).

Where do you ride at?

Anyone else in Utah ride dirt bikes or quads interested in a ride?
Me neither and I don't plan to haha. I'm open on Monday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, Friday mornings, and Saturdays all day.

I haven't ridden much this year but I usually ride Jordan River or out at Deseret Peak in Tooele.

Where do you usually ride at?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Me neither and I don't plan to haha. I'm open on Monday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, Friday mornings, and Saturdays all day.

I haven't ridden much this year but I usually ride Jordan River or out at Deseret Peak in Tooele.

Where do you usually ride at?
I donít have much track time in on my bike, I need to go because I would really like to get better on the jumps. I spend most of my time on trails above the B, Bear Lake, Five Mile, The Knolls and of course Little Sahara.
Sorry to have jacked this thread on a dirt bike tangent.

Letís get some Utah Tacomaís out and go on a trail run. Five Mile would probably be the best and anybody could go even with a stock setup.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I donít have much track time in on my bike, I need to go because I would really like to get better on the jumps. I spend most of my time on trails above the B, Bear Lake, Five Mile, The Knolls and of course Little Sahara.
Sorry to have jacked this thread on a dirt bike tangent.

Letís get some Utah Tacomaís out and go on a trail run. Five Mile would probably be the best and anybody could go even with a stock setup.
I drove pass five miles pass and stop at Mercur and Opphir couples weeks ago. I was planning to offroad at Five miles pass, too many people and are in the way. So I didn't offroad that day, I also trying to offroad on Big B, it was closed too.

I think I am free on June 19th, plan on that day??
Old 06-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #18

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10silvertaco View Post
I drove pass five miles pass and stop at Mercur and Opphir couples weeks ago. I was planning to offroad at Five miles pass, too many people and are in the way. So I didn't offroad that day, I also trying to offroad on Big B, it was closed too.

I think I am free on June 19th, plan on that day??
Quote:
I should be available for something on the 19th.

How does that day work for everybody else? Do we just want to do a meet and greet or go out on some trails and or both?
I am free until 6pm on the 19th. I'm down for whatever you guys want.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Man I wish you guys could pick a Saturday or Sunday. I would love to do a meet-n-greet with everyone!!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Man I wish you guys could pick a Saturday or Sunday. I would love to do a meet-n-greet with everyone!!
Come out, the 19th is a Saturday.