Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Southeast Overland

Notices

My Lifetime LED Headlight Review

Old 02-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #21
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
So how much further out the back of the housing do these stick out compared to stock?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #22
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet. It's cold here right now so I doubt any problems would arise even if left on for days. There are some massive fans on these things and I wouldn't imagine many issues even in the summer months.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #23
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
So how much further out the back of the housing do these stick out compared to stock?
About 2"...I will snap a shot of where they sit when installed.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #24
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
About 2"...I will snap a shot of where they sit when installed.
Thanks! And nice write up!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #25
FreakShow333
Nutzo333 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
Nutzo333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Nutzo333
Every try just putting a pinch of silicone to hold the bulbs from bouncing? I had the same bouncing issue for my HID bulbs and just a tiny bit of silicone solved that issue. One little drop on the top and bottom of the light and BAM, no bounce lol. Easy to clean back off too
Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzo333 View Post
Every try just putting a pinch of silicone to hold the bulbs from bouncing? I had the same bouncing issue for my HID bulbs and just a tiny bit of silicone solved that issue. One little drop on the top and bottom of the light and BAM, no bounce lol. Easy to clean back off too
That's a good thought. I am going to see how bad the bounce is on a rough section of road tomorrow morning and go from there.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #27
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
Thanks! And nice write up!
Just went outside and it's too cold for flip flops so I'll snap it tomorrow in the daylight.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #28
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested on hearing how well these lights work for animal eye shine . Where I live , there are hundreds of moose and deer just dying to tackle the front of my truck . The road up here is a 250 mile giant salt block . The factory halogens suck for this purpose where LED is supposedly better at pointing out Bambi and Bullwinkle .
If you see any critters , can you post back ? Would it be worth the upgrade ?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzo333 View Post
Quote:
That's a good thought. I am going to see how bad the bounce is on a rough section of road tomorrow morning and go from there.
A larger "O" ring can help too. NAPA, and ACE Hardware have a good selection of "O" rings that would work.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #30
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, let me know when you want to compare them with my FXR retrofit so we can get some comparison pics. Crisp cut off for stock housings IMO
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #31
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
A larger "O" ring can help too. NAPA, and ACE Hardware have a good selection of "O" rings that would work.
There is no oring. I will look into ways to help firm it all up.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 AM   #32
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Just drove into work this morning and I am even more impressed with these lights. I didn't see any bouncing like I was expecting which is awesome. I am going to update my original post to help clear that up. So my only real con is a non issue in my book now. Thanks for all the ideas for how to snug it up.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #33
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
So it's been a full week with the lights now and mother nature gave me some good backboards to see how these did. Rain and fog were great and I was really happy to not have the halogens anymore in those two conditions. All in all I am kicking myself for not buying these sooner. Not a single person flipped high beams at me so that's a good sign and I could see so much better in the dark which this time of year is crucial since I am pretty much only driving early in the morning and late evening. Hope this helps everyone.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So it's been a full week with the lights now and mother nature gave me some good backboards to see how these did. Rain and fog were great and I was really happy to not have the halogens anymore in those two conditions. All in all I am kicking myself for not buying these sooner. Not a single person flipped high beams at me so that's a good sign and I could see so much better in the dark which this time of year is crucial since I am pretty much only driving early in the morning and late evening. Hope this helps everyone.
You are making me rethink doing a retro
Old 03-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #35
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the great review on these. Been looking into getting them. Is the light output more of a stock yellowish color or white?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #36
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
Thanks for the great review on these. Been looking into getting them. Is the light output more of a stock yellowish color or white?
Very white. Not blue or yellow. My light bar is a little blue and when they are both on you can really tell the diff as you see in the pictures.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #37
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at another thread on TW about the LEDs and it seemed some folks didn't like them much. For the amount of time you've had them how do you like them so far?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #38
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
I looked at another thread on TW about the LEDs and it seemed some folks didn't like them much. For the amount of time you've had them how do you like them so far?
Interested in your update on how you like them as well.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #39
PeachEater81 is just really nicePeachEater81 is just really nicePeachEater81 is just really nicePeachEater81 is just really nice
PeachEater81's Tacoma Gallery
bump...sub'd to this...I am also on the fence of doing a retro fit with halos or going LED in head and fog lights...
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #40
Lost in the Woods
SoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
SoutheastOverland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
I am interested on hearing how well these lights work for animal eye shine . Where I live , there are hundreds of moose and deer just dying to tackle the front of my truck . The road up here is a 250 mile giant salt block . The factory halogens suck for this purpose where LED is supposedly better at pointing out Bambi and Bullwinkle .
If you see any critters , can you post back ? Would it be worth the upgrade ?
I run a light bar on my bumper along with our LIfetime LED headlights and with the combo I see those pesky green deer eyes way earlier than I did before with halogens - BUT - I mostly run my high beams with a 20" single stack Lifetime LED light bar.

I have had several customers say the LIfetime headlights are like High Definition lighting and you see every darn crack in the road. I'll keep an eye out though for how well you can see Bambi.

Quote:
We are very glad you like the lights.

Everyone - please shoot us anymore questions you might have and a big thank you for your business!