Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Burns Canyon Road Trail

Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Burns Canyon Road Trail

I did Burns Canyon Road Trail today.. It is really fun for just driving.. There is a few spots you have to slow down for (besides the corners you have to be careful on).. I was wondering if there is anyway anyone knows of to get around this water crossing?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Where is this trail located?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Where is this trail located?
The start of it is in Landers/Pioneer Town and it ends near Big Bear..
Old 08-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
oh. ok it confused me cause your sig say your re in New York.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I still have not changed that.. I have lived in Yucca Valley for 2 months.. lol
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
where is this water crossing ? never seen any water crossing with that much vegetation along that trail. Did you try and cross ? Was it too deep or muddy?
No it was fine, that is me crossing it.. Just if I am ever alone and don't wanna cross it I would like that option if it is one.. I don't know how to describe where it is.. Going up to Big bear it is more then half way up the trail after the big flat spot you can drive fast on. You take the next left then about a mile maybe a little more.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Um, better drain the diff... unless you did ther breather tube mod... Unless, it wasn't deep enough to get over the top of the pumpkin.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Um, better drain the diff... unless you did ther breather tube mod... Unless, it wasn't deep enough to get over the top of the pumpkin.
What is a pimpkin? I'm lost..
Old 08-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninorth View Post
What is a pimpkin? I'm lost..

=)
The "pumpkin" is slang for your differential
Old 08-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
So where is my differential intake at? The top of my "pumpkin"? I did read that they intakes will only take in water if you are standing in deep water.. But i have no clue if that is true or not..
Old 08-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Its not really an intake, but rather a breather. However, It does allow for water to enter.

Here is a good thread about it:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post193885
Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Should I be worried about anything else since I have a stick? I will check and see what comes out of my diff. if it is just oil or is it water..