1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is that you driving on the 78 freeway?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 05tacomalicious, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    We have meets on rail runs all the time in the east county. If you know of trail up here let us know.

When it cools down we are always at Pine Valley and the Infamous Corral Canyon

danm was it that long ago...wow

2. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Well, I would like to meet the gang... however, I would like more if we can do some four wheeling, as well... Our Baja trips are a blast and have the best four wheeling and campfire time, too!

Being that a Baja trip is a 3 day+ thing and most here believe the TV News lies about Mexico (but have no fear to go to L.A. where murders are a daily thing), I would always be open for an Ocotillo Wells ride or at the least, a one day event on this side of the mountains, when the desert is too warm for some!

Since this is a Hwy. 78 thread, maybe closer to Hwy. 78? Encinitas is quite a ways south of 78. North Carlsbad, South Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, and Escondido qualify being on 78.

I live 5 miles north of 78, so I am really in North County compared to where Encinitas is... halfway to San Diego from here.

But, I do love to drive my Tacoma... so, driving somewhere for some fun is fine with me... but let's do some wheeling! Keep the ideas flowing!!

3. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    I am just making a suggestion. I don't know the area...but I have been

To Ocotillo, Pine Valley, Corral Canyon, OC/LA, Cleghorn....so making a trip is no big deal for me. 3 day plus is harder.

Encinitas is not far for a meet to chill IMO.

I keep meets and trail run separate as well.

If someone set up a trip or meet in the north county let me know.

4. Aug 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I sure would love to hit up some high speed in my truck! Nothing like the baja trucks but fast enough to see how my truck handles and whatknot. I got camburg coilovers/uca in the front and icons rear resi/aal in the back. I haven't been to much places out here let alone I haven't been much active wit the socal chapter both here and on TTORA mainly due to financial reasons so the closer the trail the better.

Encinitas is fine with me..but would be better if we have it north a little near the 78? I don't know much places to meet/eat at. I just use my googles map on my phone to find places ;) I wonder if the OP is still up for a north county meet..haven't posted on here for awhile..

But yeah..let me know if someone wants to set up a little meet + greet here around our area.

5. Aug 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Well someone set it up!!! If you leave it up to me it will be near Encinitas/Carlsbad since I am off La Costa Ave. I don't care what it is. We can meet for lunch discuss wheeling trips or plan them.

6. Aug 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is me so keep an eye out :)

105_0591_1f91b63ef6551203ff5fcafd849011089be6e88a.jpg

105_0592_7ae9a75a200c8e4cf031ed2bcfbea37b204bfb02.jpg

7. Aug 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Nice truck... I was on 78 again today, and just so many Tacomas that to pick one out that is a member of TW may not be easy! I do have a SoCal Tacomas sticker on my back window (thanks to Tri)!

8. Aug 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    snwbdr

snwbdr Active Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB V6 4x4
    I'm pretty much permanently down here too....white 1st gen w/ a CT sticker on the back window....I need me a TW sticker...where can I snag one of those? Oh I live off vista Village dr in vista....

Products Discussed in

To Top