Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Where to get my lift installed in OC?

Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get my lift installed in OC?

I was initially going to install my lift myself, but my family is freaking out at the idea of me working on my new truck. This would have been my first time doing all of this, so I can understand their fear. However, I have the same fear about taking it to a shop to do the work.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good place in Orange County that can install a lift for me. I live in Fountain Valley, which is next door to Huntington Beach.

I need to install the following:

Coilovers
UCA
AAL
Rear shocks

Misc items:
CB drop
Axel shims
Diff drop

Any help would be appreciated. I know that Mod Day is coming up, but I don't think that is the right place to do this since it should take the whole day.

Also, I am still going to buy all the tools so that I can do it myself if it comes to that. Where is a good place to buy a hydrualic jack, jack stands, and torque wrenches? What size torque wrenches should I buy?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
anyone can recommend a place?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Full Tilt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdheda View Post
I was initially going to install my lift myself, but my family is freaking out at the idea of me working on my new truck. This would have been my first time doing all of this, so I can understand their fear. However, I have the same fear about taking it to a shop to do the work.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good place in Orange County that can install a lift for me. I live in Fountain Valley, which is next door to Huntington Beach.

I need to install the following:

Coilovers
UCA
AAL
Rear shocks

Misc items:
CB drop
Axel shims
Diff drop

Any help would be appreciated. I know that Mod Day is coming up, but I don't think that is the right place to do this since it should take the whole day.

Also, I am still going to buy all the tools so that I can do it myself if it comes to that. Where is a good place to buy a hydrualic jack, jack stands, and torque wrenches? What size torque wrenches should I buy?

//////

They are a small shop. Great guys and older professionals. I was going to have spacers installed - they recommended 5100 for about the same price. Great work.

Full Tilt Off-Road Equipment

1027 Calle Trepadora, Suite 1
San Clemente, CA 92673
Phone: (949) 366-6847
FullTiltOffroad@sbcglobal.net
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Try this place in Garden Grove. PHONE 714-251-7632. Here's their website: http://www.extremetrucktoys.com/
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
thanks.

I will give those places a call.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Hit up DESOLATE motors in Whittier! Awesome place and awesome price. They'll work with you.

1blkt (TY) sent me over there and they did an awesome job on my spindles!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
hw motorsports in garden grove.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
06lttaco has a spectacular aura about06lttaco has a spectacular aura about

06lttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
Hit up DESOLATE motors in Whittier! Awesome place and awesome price. They'll work with you.

1blkt (TY) sent me over there and they did an awesome job on my spindles!
And I sent Ty over there ray! Let's get it straight lol. Greg is a good guy and does awesome work
Old 08-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
I called up a couple of places and Desolate did have the best price.

Do you guys think that it is worth it for me to try and install it myself? Getting the tools (floor jack, jack stands, torque wrenches, etc.) will be almost the same price that Desolate quoted me.

I could probably find someone to help me. I hope.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
i say DIY...you'll learn a lot, know how to better trouble shoot if you have a problem down road, plus you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself!

plus 6ton jack stands, jacks and torque wrenches at HF are cheap w/ their 20% coupons they have all the time...
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
alanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
alanmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Hi. Bringing this thread back in case someone has any other recommendations for someone that can help me with a Gen2 lift. I'm in Anaheim Hills and work in Irvine, so some place close to those cities would be great. Will try contacting Desolate and ExtremeTT since they're not too far away.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
i say DIY...you'll learn a lot, know how to better trouble shoot if you have a problem down road, plus you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself!

plus 6ton jack stands, jacks and torque wrenches at HF are cheap w/ their 20% coupons they have all the time...

This ^^. You will be needed all those tools in the future anyways! Just get a MOD day going down there and get some guys to help you out. It isn't hard at all.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmeyer View Post
Hi. Bringing this thread back in case someone has any other recommendations for someone that can help me with a Gen2 lift. I'm in Anaheim Hills and work in Irvine, so some place close to those cities would be great. Will try contacting Desolate and ExtremeTT since they're not too far away.
If you want UNMATCHED QUALITY, and guys who really do know how, and have dones this stuff many times before, check out Rebel Offroad in Lake Forest. Not far from Irvine. I have a friend who works here, and I have them do my lift installs.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
alanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedalanmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
alanmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
This ^^. You will be needed all those tools in the future anyways! Just get a MOD day going down there and get some guys to help you out. It isn't hard at all.
I'm sure it will come down to cost for me, but I will say that I'm concerned with this approach. I've looked a some of the threads talking about installing UCAs and 5100s, which in and of itself doesn't look too bad. But, from what I understand it doesn't stop there. You need to spend a bit of time cutting wheel well areas to prevent rubbing, and then you spend more time compensating / adjusting to handle the lean. Perhaps a build day would work for me. I have most of the tools required and, like it's been mentioned, a quick trip to HF would get me the rest of the items I need. I just don't know if I have the time to do this all. I will say that it's impressive how many people on TW are willing to help out fellow Tacoma owners on their rides...
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
I would say DIY too! I had a friend help me with my lift back in 2008 when I didnt know crap about these trucks or lifts. Now I am glad I did it myself, I know what to check for maintanence and can troubleshhot better if anything feels funny. I've done my uca's 3x by myself over the years for cleaning and new bushings, only way I was able to do that was by learning my first time.
We did my truck front and rear in about 8hrs I'm my driveway but you can just split the jobs if time is an issue. Do the front first, coilovers and uca's. Then another day do the rear then spread out the rest.
I live in Lake Forest and can help depending on when u want to do it, I'm sure other TW'ers can help as well and we could knock it out in half a day at the most.
But I'm sure any of these shops that these guys have recommended can do a great job!