Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Rick's build

Old 08-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Rick's build

As most of us SD guys know, Rick (re8elmonk) said a tearful "goodbye" to his beautiful Speedway Blue 2nd gen. beast & opted for a more family friendly rig, now although he felt dejected & depressed at first (& who wouldn't be! ) All is not lost, he got a good deal on a full sized Blazer that was tired & needed a little wrenching & a good "going over". He thinks we don't love him anymore 'cause of his departure from having a 'Taco ( AAWWW RICKY WE STILL LUVS YA MAN !! ) So with that heres a few pics of his new "Toy" being transformed into what will eventually be a no bullshit beast even his wife can drive (she needed an auto)... By the time he's done it will most likely be completely armored, w/ Auburn (maybe Detroit) lockers front & rear & will definintly be a trail rig to be dealt with.. I can't wait to see ya trail running again bro' & the first run will be right up PJ PEAKS ASS !! no doubt.....

Out with the old

Haha Ok the one pic of the built motor isn't his (yet) but it is a 350

& the old bearded guy is Da' man that make shit fly Dave @ express auto service in La Mesa
Attached Thumbnails
Rick's build-web-dsc02464.jpg   Rick's build-web-dsc02455.jpg   Rick's build-web-dsc02461.jpg   Rick's build-web-dsc02217.jpg   Rick's build-web-dsc02462.jpg  

Rick's build-web-dsc02458.jpg   Rick's build-web-dsc02457.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

The '89 - '91 K5's were always my favorite. Looking forward to seeing the pics as the project comes together.

Mike
Old 08-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Awe thanks Doug for putting up a build page for me lol sorry guys it isn't a Taco. It's not much of a "build" yet 'cause I haven't technically done any mods to it YET. It does have a brand new 350 GM crate motor installed by the nice folks at Express Auto in La Mesa (call 'em up next time for your next automotive needs-they're straight shootin good and honest people)

Next Mods:
Flowmaster series 40 muffler
Sounds system
6" Tuff Cohntry lift w/ 37" swampers
'86 front end conversion
Etc etc
Old 08-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
sdcoma is on a distinguished road

sdcoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like it man, My Dad has a 1970 K5 that has about a million miles on it its a beast
Old 08-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Awe thanks Doug for putting up a build page for me lol sorry guys it isn't a Taco. It's not much of a "build" yet 'cause I haven't technically done any mods to it YET. It does have a brand new 350 GM crate motor installed by the nice folks at Express Auto in La Mesa (call 'em up next time for your next automotive needs-they're straight shootin good and honest people)

Next Mods:
Flowmaster series 40 muffler
Sounds system
6" Tuff Cohntry lift w/ 37" swampers
'86 front end conversion
Etc etc
What up Ricky? I love the new beast brother! Lets go do some light trailing and see how she rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
You will always be our Tacoma Brother no matter!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
As most of us SD guys know, Rick (re8elmonk) said a tearful "goodbye" to his beautiful Speedway Blue 2nd gen. beast & opted for a more family friendly rig, now although he felt dejected & depressed at first (& who wouldn't be! ) All is not lost, he got a good deal on a full sized Blazer that was tired & needed a little wrenching & a good "going over". He thinks we don't love him anymore 'cause of his departure from having a 'Taco ( AAWWW RICKY WE STILL LUVS YA MAN !! ) So with that heres a few pics of his new "Toy" being transformed into what will eventually be a no bullshit beast even his wife can drive (she needed an auto)... By the time he's done it will most likely be completely armored, w/ Auburn (maybe Detroit) lockers front & rear & will definintly be a trail rig to be dealt with.. I can't wait to see ya trail running again bro' & the first run will be right up PJ PEAKS ASS !! no doubt.....

Out with the old

Haha Ok the one pic of the built motor isn't his (yet) but it is a 350

& the old bearded guy is Da' man that make shit fly Dave @ express auto service in La Mesa

Yo man im back from the dead...... So its almost safe to say, that PJ's peak is gaining some popularity ( ran into a couple dudes on 1 of the ships i was training, that had some not so nice things to say about it... after i told them the story behind it, we had a good laugh....1 of they guys lost a brand new 35 inch super swamper to a manzanita bush)

Thats going to be a nice looking ride rick....
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay View Post
Yo man im back from the dead...... So its almost safe to say, that PJ's peak is gaining some popularity ( ran into a couple dudes on 1 of the ships i was training, that had some not so nice things to say about it... after i told them the story behind it, we had a good laugh....1 of they guys lost a brand new 35 inch super swamper to a manzanita bush)

Thats going to be a nice looking ride rick....

Heeeyyy !! PJ !! waaaaz krackin' homie ?? Shakin' off the pelican shit & your "sea legs" ?

All I gotta say bro' is........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynyc3LTeqcE
Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Muffler and new cat installed today @ Ed Hanson Muffler Service in Spring Valley (good mom and pops businees, friendly, fast, and honest service. Very pro Military! Check 'em out for your next muffler needs). He said it's gonna be like 10HP gain.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Very Niiiice Rick, & so it begins, the building of the beast.....

Can't wait for the lift & the tires, fuuuuuuck dude, it'll be about as high as my Power Wagon was.....
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #12
"Kill BABIES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Very Niiiice Rick, & so it begins, the building of the beast.....

Can't wait for the lift & the tires, fuuuuuuck dude, it'll be about as high as my Power Wagon was.....
I wanna get some headers next but they're expensive for the cali legal ones
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain Rick ,CA & the clean air resource board & the EPA have always made it a real Mo'Fo' to meet requirements for after market anything, makes it real pricy too....fuckers......
Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
RICK!!! whats up man when are we doing a trail run with the NEGRO! (Thats what were calling this blazer now!)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858

One day mine will look like this hahahahaha You decide which front springs your gonna go with? ranchos feel real stiff, I heard procomps ride softer, How much was the motor for yours? I was thinking of taking mine out to stroke it to a 383 but i got some interior work to take care of first. Cant wait to hit the trail in these things!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
"Kill BABIES"

It was 2500 for the new 350 and I don't know with what kind lift kit Imma go with dude. I wanna go HIGH!!!! But I know some of y'all is gonna say NO DON'T DO IT!!! I was thinking maybe 10" and 39" tires but that's just a dream (for now) hahaha I can't do any "major" mods for another year or so, that's the agreement I made w/ the old lady. I just ordered a Sony head unit from eBay so next mod will be the sounds system so I can bump my Country music . And after I want to start working on some engine mods. The 33's Cooper Discovery makes El Negro look pretty "beafy" so I'm cool for now.

Yo Manny, I don't know when I can take it out w/ y'all yet dude. It's our only family truck so I have to get "permission" from the wifey lol but soon dude. I wanna see how it handles on the dirt. Oh do you still want the light bar? If not Imma put it on here so let me now Amigo
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #17
"Kill BABIES"

I would like mine to look something like all of 'em

Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #19
"Kill BABIES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
Of course I do rick text me and let me know the price
Ummm $43.57 and a grande white chocolate mocha, no whip, extra hot, and quad shots then we gotta deal buddy
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #20
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Ummm $43.57 and a grande white chocolate mocha, no whip, extra hot, and quad shots then we gotta deal buddy
ok and since your married i bet you want it in $1 BILLS RIGHT RICK