Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Burns Canyon 8-28-10

Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Burns Canyon 8-28-10

Burns Canyon Trail
8-28-10
Meet at the trail head
at 10:00am!!

Trail head is:
National Forest Road 3N03

In Big Bear City

Take HWY 18 east from Big Bear look for 3N03 on the right!

GPS Coordinates are:
N 34.31480 W 116.810258

Don't forget to bring something to swim in and a towel!
&
Some extra water just in case!

Also on google maps the address they gave me was: 45451 Nat Forest Road 3N03 Big Bear City, CA 92314

Who wants to Go??
1.ninorth
2.Rasko
3.Yoytoda
4.cucamongatacoma
5. it's in coma (maybe be)

Anyone has questions PM me or something!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
1. ninorth
2. Rakso
3. Yoytoda
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Uuuhhh uummmm
cucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to beholdcucamongatacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tyler
cucamongatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
1.ninorth
2.Rasko
3.Yoytoda
4.cucamongatacoma
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Can you provide more info on this trail? Kinda a long one...just making sure everyone can be prepared and know what to expect
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Can you provide more info on this trail? Kinda a long one...just making sure everyone can be prepared and know what to expect
pretty sure its just a dirt road. 2x friendly. i havent been on this side of burns canyon personally.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
pretty sure its just a dirt road. 2x friendly. i havent been on this side of burns canyon personally.
Maybe I was thinking of another trail pretty much the same area ....this one should be fun, I like that whole region out there as far as the terrain and its unique features
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
if you take burns to pontiac sluice to tip top mountian. 4x4 31" rear locker with sliders and skids required.

I love it up here. once i get my locker and sliders and bumper i plan on doing john bull and minitone (sp?)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
too early for me to say but I am certainly interested, I have done this trail many times and there's nothing too crazy, definitely prerunner friendly. There's many trails in the area to explore, once you get up near the old mine the trails split up and you can end up near hwy 18 or hwy 38
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Nothing huge.. The first part is a road that drives though private property, you may drive on the road just not stop and park in it.. It is really sandy. Then you start going up little hills which is a dirt road. Then you do climb up the mountain and are on a little rocky dirt road on the side of a mountain for a while which I think is kinda scary but that is me. Then you have a flat kinda spot, (on the sides you have little stuff you can go off and do if you would like). There is one water crossing if you go to the left when you get past the flat spot (have not been to the right I think there is a mine right there). The rest (to the left) is all dirt road just some coverts you have to drive over slow till you get up by Baldwin Lake...
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
im down, although it's really far away lol, im currently 2nd w/ locker, but i can go really fast
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
im down, although it's really far away lol, im currently 2nd w/ locker, but i can go really fast

EAsy there hot rod, you almost sound like... ahh, you know who..

Please don't make me say it but it starts with a J and thats ALL I got to say about that !!!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ haha, you did not just compare me to him
Old 08-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ haha, you did not just compare me to him

NO WAY man, dudes in a class of his own !!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ yea, i took pictures of him jumping that day and i honestly thought I was gonna die
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #18

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I'm gonna trail with some of you this fall , kinda burnt out on the trails here in SD if thats cool wit' ya'll ....
put that to a beat and you gotta start to a rap song, yo

and big bear trail are not the best to go fast on. unless you really wanna f shit up
Old 08-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

so it's prerunner friendly to the point where you can go slow and not get stuck?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #20

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so it's prerunner friendly to the point where you can go slow and not get stuck?
slow and easy, maintain traction. i wouldnt go bombing it because its mostly bigger rocks in sketchy parts. I plan on going up the trail today, ill report back the conditions.

some big bear dirt roads got gnarly from rain and the last earthquake we had. i plan on going to make sure its 2x friendly.