Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Beginner off road trails

Old 09-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
datacotruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyler
datacotruck's Tacoma Gallery
Beginner off road trails

Hey, just got my taco a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to test out my 4x4 yet.

just wondering where there were some pretty east trails to run my 4x4 on to see how it runs.

im located in fullerton, in north orange county
Old 09-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Cleghorn is pretty easy, ive done it in my stock prerunner
Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
im trying to find that out also! ha.. im located in downey.. let me know if you go.. but i dont have 4x4 =( only a differential lock i dont know how to engage =( haha
Old 09-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sugarpine is also easy.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacotruck View Post
Hey, just got my taco a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to test out my 4x4 yet.

just wondering where there were some pretty east trails to run my 4x4 on to see how it runs.

im located in fullerton, in north orange county
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
im trying to find that out also! ha.. im located in downey.. let me know if you go.. but i dont have 4x4 =( only a differential lock i dont know how to engage =( haha
Best thing you guys can do is just watch for threads in your area & sooner than later someone will start a thread to put a trail run together & just respond from there....
Old 09-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Talking

Hey guys.Im pretty close to all of you. Maybe we should set up a trail run in Cleghorn or sugarpine valley?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
ive ben wanting to take my samurai to cleghorn bad! im in
Old 09-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
datacotruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyler
datacotruck's Tacoma Gallery
im in!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
ive ben wanting to take my samurai to cleghorn bad! im in
Definitely fun in the Samurai! Mine's under the knife for most of September, but I'll be sure to hit up Cleghorn again soon after.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
cleghorn now sucks after they closed all the good bypasses.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
big bear has tons of mild to wild trails
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
big bear has tons of mild to wild trails
Are there a lot of primitive campsites there? I'm planning on doing a 2-3 night stay sometime in January of February.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #14

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k20me View Post
Are there a lot of primitive campsites there? I'm planning on doing a 2-3 night stay sometime in January of February.
yes but good luck getting to them in jan/feb
Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #15

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
lol i love my lil sammy!...when were the bybasses closed?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol i love my lil sammy!...when were the bybasses closed?
couple months ago.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #17

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
lame shit..what was the reason?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #18

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lame shit..what was the reason?
the reason is they were all illegal from the start. they are just now enforcing it.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #19

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
the reason is they were all illegal from the start. they are just now enforcing it.
ohh were they not "trials" on the map? like people just started cuttin?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
hey man im in fullerton too! i jst went to silverado canyon which is basically a trail on a mountain but thers a few places where u can climb the sides and the need 4x4 also holy jim, they are off of santiago canyon road, its about 40 min from fullerton, very local but if ur lookin for more fun with a 4x4 then i defff suggest cleghorn, its got everything! i havent done the major stuff there cuz im a prerunner but u shud have alot of fun, we shud setup a run soon, im definetly in!

heres the link to when i went to silverado with my cousin about 3 weeks ago! got sum cool pics haha we jst messed around that day, nothin serious
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-run-pics.html