Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Diablo drop off

Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Diablo drop off

Did Diablo drop off & beyond today , very nice , very fun.

Don't have a vid but does this wash look familiar ??? ANYONE !!!! : devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1a9ZOjigU?version=3
Old 10-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Although I never saw the video it brings to mind what those who did see it said.....about some dude named james, . But I don't know
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Broken Shaft Gulch, yup. We drove it in March a week or so before the earthquake closed it, it was reported.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Been there, done that, loved it! In fact I have done it from South to North and North to South!

Here are some pics when I went through.

Broken Shaft Gultch!

Me running Diablo Drop Off backwards (North to South)

Diablo Drop Off

A crazy man drives to his doom down Diablo Drop off
Old 10-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Is the sign still there Doug?:

Diablo Dropoff:

Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #8

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It's huge and impossible to miss... facing the direction of Split Mtn. and on the left side of the road, right where the gulch begins, on that end.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
It's huge an impossible to miss... facing the direction of Split Mtn. and on the left side of the road, right where the gulch begins on that end.
It must have been hidden or its gone now! I cant believe i made it through in a prerunner Other than that rock i almost slid into, the rest was easiier than i expected! im pretty sure besides Doug the rest were in 4WD when i was in 2WD doing and going the same places they went!

All i got to say is i love my Toyota! All signs said 4X4 trails and i made it in a 2WD
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #10

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
It must have been hidden or its gone now! I cant believe i made it through in a prerunner Other than that rock i almost slid into, the rest was easiier than i expected! im pretty sure besides Doug the rest were in 4WD when i was in 2WD doing and going the same places they went!

All i got to say is i love my Toyota! All signs said 4X4 trails and i made it in a 2WD
Matt, you did really, really good amigo! You have a right to be proud of your driving skills and the Tacoma's ability!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Matt, you did really, really good amigo! You have a right to be proud of your driving skills and the Tacoma's ability!
Yes I actually did! and i am very proud of myself! Im pretty sure most 2WD's would have never gone! But I did and i made it
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #12

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Have no fear with a Tacoma (and friends) for the ride!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't see the sign David but theres no doubt about that wash leading to split mnt, really fun picking your way thru the rocks. Matt did great thru that shit in 2wd. All the 2nd gens got thru ok I believe, but I def. had an advantage being somewhat narrower....
Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Sweet. Been there, done that, loved it! In fact I have done it from South to North and North to South!

Here are some pics when I went through.

Broken Shaft Gultch!

Me running Diablo Drop Off backwards (North to South)

Diablo Drop Off

A crazy man drives to his doom down Diablo Drop off

Nice !! I did it backwards also (in reverse)