Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Trail Run - Silverado Canyon 12/4/10

Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
IslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reggie
IslandBoy71's Tacoma Gallery
Updated list

1. Islandboy71
2. Pyro
3. JLamb11
4. daredevildave
5. In2nite - maybe
6. JackTRDrunner - maybe
7. stmpjmpr - maybe
Old 11-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #23
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Name: Jon
Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

For less confusion the chevron gas station might be the best place to meet. Then mob out together to the canyon.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #24
IslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
For less confusion the chevron gas station might be the best place to meet. Then mob out together to the canyon.
Is that the Chevron on Jamboree and Silverado Canyon Rd?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Do ya think I'll need to bring my spare 5 gal gas tank?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #26

Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the address. Use google maps to see the location.

Chevron
8544-A E Chapman Ave
Jamboree Rd
Orange, CA 92869-2422
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
Do ya think I'll need to bring my spare 5 gal gas tank?
I dont think you'll need it just gas up before.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #28
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i guess i'll be a maybe. it's a long drive for me and i wanted to check out the MORE race that day. we'll see, this look like it would be fun though
Old 11-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #29
Stuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Stuart
Stuardoslls's Tacoma Gallery
Im a maybe.... How far is this from the LAX area? What kind of trail is it?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Maybe me but I'll probably go for sure.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #31
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
The gas station is about 30 mins from the trail head, a total of 13 miles. Going up Silverado Canyon Rd off of Santiago Canyon Rd is around 7 miles to the trail head anyways, so meeting at the Chevron is pretty good with me. Again it just helps to be able to gas up and grab snacks or whatever. This address will take you to the Chevron:

Santiago Hills Car Care
8544 E Chapman Ave # B
Orange, CA 92869-2461

From there the directions are simple:

1. Head east on E Chapman Ave/E Santiago Canyon Rd toward Jamboree Rd
Continue to follow E Santiago Canyon Rd 1.1 mi

2. Continue straight to stay on E Santiago Canyon Rd 5.4 mi

3. Turn left at Silverado Canyon Rd 6.7 mi

And you're at the trail head. I don't really know how long it takes to get around up there and what the options are for directions of travel. When I went, we got up to some satellites and all that and turned around, headed back where we came from.

Here is the video of the trail again for those who haven't seen it, hopefully it helps and is a decent preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r-XIa8w7lU

EDIT: (the last few scenes are in order heading home, you see the trail head on the way down, then he powerslides all over a part of Silverado Canyon Rd, then, finally, we are on Santiago Canyon Rd again heading back to the chevron)

I am likely down for 9AM on the 4th, I work nights so I will do what I can. I would prefer 10 or 1030 but thats me tryin' to push it

Sounds dope!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #32

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuardoslls View Post
Im a maybe.... How far is this from the LAX area? What kind of trail is it?

About and hour, hour fifteen. The trail is pretty mellow, as you can see my friends stock old ass ram handled it fine
Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
JackTRDrunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
JackTRDrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLamb11 View Post
About and hour, hour fifteen. The trail is pretty mellow, as you can see my friends stock old ass ram handled it fine
yeah, the trail is definitely not a hardcore 4x4 trail. us PreRunner guys will do fine. even stock. my friend's Expedition (2wd sitting at roughly the height of the 4x4 Expedition) does just fine on this trail. although it is somewhat narrow for a fair portion.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #34

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yea 2wd stock is not a problem there. It is mellow enough and fun. Some narrow areas but I think it is next to impossible to find trails that aren't So head count is 4+3 maybes??? I think we can do better than that
Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #35
Spiral Out... Keep Going!
JBear is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JBear's Tacoma Gallery
I can pretty much throw a rock and hit that Chevron from where I live! It's my morning smoke and red bull stop, lol! Its a far better meeting place than Cooks. 55 to Chapman East, up the hill to Jamboree. If you're coming from the south use the 5, exit Jamboree and make a right. Go about 3 miles till you hit Chapman / Santiago Cyn, make a U turn, and pull into the station right there. Throw me down as a maybe... I believe my kiddos are with me that weekend.

PS - The trail either goes to the mountain peak where the satellite stations are, or you can go through and finish near Lake Elsinore.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #36

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
I can pretty much throw a rock and hit that Chevron from where I live! It's my morning smoke and red bull stop, lol! Its a far better meeting place than Cooks. 55 to Chapman East, up the hill to Jamboree. If you're coming from the 5 south, exit Jamboree and make a right. Go about 3 miles till you hit Chapman / Santiago Cyn, make a U turn, and pull into the station right there. Throw me down as a maybe... I believe my kiddos are with me that weekend.

PS - The trail either goes to the mountain peak where the satellite stations are, or you can go through and finish near Lake Elsinore.
Yus! I vote threw to lake elsinore
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLamb11 View Post
Yus! I vote threw to lake elsinore
X2
Old 11-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #39
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
JLAMB? KLON? what station is that? never heard of it? I channel surf like a MOFO.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #40

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENIOR TACOROJO View Post
Hmmm...
Don't think, just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
JLAMB? KLON? what station is that? never heard of it? I channel surf like a MOFO.
KLON is a mock channel in the song. Jared Lamb is my name ha