1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ocotillo Wells Followup (11/12-11/14)

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Gregero, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    Gregero

Gregero [OP] TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    So many of the dudes here and myself hit up Ocotillo over the weekend. It was my first meet with TWF members and I must say it was a damn good time. Wish I had brought a beer or two just to loosen up a little lol.

I arrived on 11/13, but some of the boys were out there since Friday.

Quite a few trucks showed up! I didn't count but I can estimate about 13 trucks! After being introduced to the group, we went to Shell Reef to watch the bikers catch some air. From there we took off to the pumpkin patch. This was an amazingly fun and full of excitement (for the ones who aren't used to taking their trucks on long trails.) Lol when we all slowed down to take turns in certain areas, it felt like I was being put on the spot! I did my best and damn was it fun!

From the pumpkin patch, we made our way out to the gas dome. On our way, we stopped for some fun in the sand and just kinda went nuts running our Tacos (and the FJ) around the immediate area. Once we arrived at the gas dome, we took some time to play a rock game and look at the mud bubbles seep gases from the Earth... I guess you can say that we were at the asshole of the Earth. Didn't stink though- just really sandy down there.

From here we traversed a rugged landscape to a small site with a pipe sticking out of the ground, leaking water into the desert. There were also two palm trees present. Here we took some time to rest up again and watch some of the trucks play in the mud. Most memorable moment- watching the group get sprayed with mud as the trucks powered through it. It was f***in awesome. I was about to give it a shot right as we were gonna leave, but thought about cleanup and had second thoughts.

Traveling north from this site, we came across more and more people and eventually hit the highway. We turned and went West towards the Inn & Restaurant where some of the guys filled up on Air and I think some filled up on food? This was our last stop of the journey for myself as I work on Sundays and the GF had to finish up homework. Good drive back. I took a left into the Cuyamaca area to get to the 8 while the rest of the squad I was with went into Julian to head north-west.

So hear I sit in the office all alone and day dreaming about still being out there. Heck when I fell asleep, I felt like I was still floating up and down on the shocks, hitting those woops nice and slowly. *sigh* Can't wait for the next meet.

I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded to my PC at home!!

:cool:

2. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Off subject but any new news on the guy that left the scene of that horrendous motorcycle crash. I think it was 6-8 people that were killed.

3. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
  4. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Gregero

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Lol! And the pics will be coming! I be at work and don't have the cam on me- I'll ask Martha to start downloading them to the PC so I can upload quicker when I get home.

And jesus! Really? That many were killed? I was thinking it was just a fire that got to wild or something. That's a very horrible thing to learn :(

5. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
  6. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    Gregero

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
  7. Nov 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
  8. Nov 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    I wish I could of gone. Looks like you guys had a blast.

9. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Bubbarr

Bubbarr Monkey Sweat

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    DynoLock Auto tailgate lock, 16" Konig Counter steer Off roads, 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2.5 King front and rear with remote reservoir, Built Right UCA, Deaver 3 pack, SD Truck Shop Custom Sliders.

Products Discussed in

To Top