1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GoPro HD camera group buy interest

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Bubbarr, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nov 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    yeah motorsports.....love it edited using roxio creator pro This was my first video see snow ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpVYhth12aE

2. Nov 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    I'm in.

damn it. hah thought i was responding to something else, but yeah, still in for the cam.

3. Nov 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    bmxer2076

bmxer2076 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gennaro
    Egg Harbor City, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Smittybilt Step bars, OEM Roof Rack, Trex 2 Eyelids, Painted Stock Wheels, AVID off-road Bar (front and back), Hella 500 Driving lights, Billet Grille (5 pc.), Tinted all the way around (including Windshield), TRD Shift Knob, Fuel Hostage wheels (17x9) in General Grabber (red letters) 33x12.50R17, MBRP Exhaust, aFe Stage 2 Intake, Toytec 3" Adjustable Bilstein Lift
    Count me in, these things are badass

4. Nov 15, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
  5. Nov 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Hey guys...I think this is local to San Diego...I am not sure how much shipping would be. Notice that it is in the Socal Section and also says that it is close to the Amazon Price but you can get it right away.

6. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    Unknown

Unknown He who angers you conquers you

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown
  7. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    mountainprimat2

mountainprimat2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefan
    Proctorsville, VT
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off-Road 6spd man
    Eibach Pro 2.5 CoilOvers(Front), Icon RXT 2.5 (Rears), Toytec Bumps, ICON RXT Multi-Rate Leaf Spring, Icon UCAs, Toytec Carrier Bearing drop, Toytec Front Diff drop, 33inch BFG KO2s on 17'' American Racing Wheels, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, TRD CAI, Grillcraft Grilles(U/L), MOT's Badge Grille Mod (Red), Black Bed Lined Rear Bumper, Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, OEM Roof Rack, Husky Floor Liners, TRD 6spd Shifter Knob, Cobra CB w/ Firestick II, Interior LED Map(RED)/Dome(WHITE) Lights, LED Licence Plate Lights, LED Amber Fogs, Plasti Dip Badges, Trailer Harness Relocate, Thule Tail Gate Pad + Bed Rack, LEER Bed Cap
    I have one and it is the coolest thing ever. Yall should jump on it

8. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    thanks bud. I was thinking samething. I knew i saw it cheaper but couldnt remember. Now i have it. will make purchase soon.

9. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    That is the 960 model not the 1080P...Which means not full HD.

10. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hate to burst your bubble but not the same camera.

Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro's forthcoming BacPac accessories - LCD screen & Battery Extension - both important features for filmmaking hobbyists & professional videographers that are compatible with the original HD HERO camera.

11. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    Bubbarr

Bubbarr [OP] Monkey Sweat

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    DynoLock Auto tailgate lock, 16" Konig Counter steer Off roads, 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2.5 King front and rear with remote reservoir, Built Right UCA, Deaver 3 pack, SD Truck Shop Custom Sliders.
    The reason that price is cheaper is because that is a level lower than what I am talking about. on the same website you are looking at here is the camera I am talking about.

http://www.dogfunk.com/gopro-hd-helmet-hero

The retail price is 299. It is 1080p not 960. you also get more mounts and the suction cup mount. Your call. Can we get a list of people going? How do I do that for everyone that wants in? Im new to this. I would love to help you guys out on this.

12. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    Bubbarr

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    DynoLock Auto tailgate lock, 16" Konig Counter steer Off roads, 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2.5 King front and rear with remote reservoir, Built Right UCA, Deaver 3 pack, SD Truck Shop Custom Sliders.
  13. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    So Duane, this has to be San Diego Only correct? Cause of shipping? I would have people PM you if they are interested.

14. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    My gf just bought me one (early xmas present since I bought her black ops), she got the motorsports hd from overstcok.com for $214 shipped, with a coupon found online.

15. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Bubbarr

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    Yes. This really only benefits those who have access to the Miramar Rd Store here in SD.

Tri is right. If you want one for sure, just PM me and tell me and I will gather the total and tell my guy. Then I will PM out the coupon code and you can go get it. Is that cool with everyone?

BTW, just saw this on GoPros website.
    3D HERO Expansion Kit

Coming Soon

Soon you'll be able to combine two HD HERO cameras in one housing with a synchronization cable to shoot full 1080p 3D video. All 1080p HD HERO cameras will be compatible with the 3D HERO Expansion kit.

Owning two 1080p HD HERO cameras makes more sense than ever before. Capture multiple angles at once using both as individual cameras or combine them with the 3D HERO Expansion Kit to shoot 1080p 3D video.

GoPro, bringing you the most versatile cameras in the world.™

16. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    This news will be damaging to my wallet.

17. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Bubbarr

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    Damn. Thats pretty good. Well, I guess you can always find something cheaper. However, if you have something cheap like that, I can tell my guy that and maybe we can get it cheaper. Never know but worth a try. He wants to hook us up.

18. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Here is my video with a Kodak...it is not protected like the GoPro so I have to mount it inside with an extender arm which makes it jump a bit. I still want to get the GoPro...will let you know Duane what I can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX93xa_YGWk

19. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Here! Here!

20. Nov 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    Bubbarr

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    SD
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road 4X4
    You got it bro

Products Discussed in

To Top