1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anderson TT Today

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 4WD, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    now your passing judgment. I wasnt there, i didnt see it. I can say without a doubt i would not take anything off of it.

Still dont see how picking up trash includes taking parts from a fallen rig.

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Can you believe this bullshit Mike ?? :facepalm: one guy more or less calling me a thief & the other comparing a legitimate emergency call for help (broken tie rod) to an obliviously rolled,totaled, stripped ABANDONED husk of metal that used to be a truck, I mean for Christ's sakes...... they fucking insult me, then i get some statement about getting my tampon lit up & leaving probes in my ass or some shit & because I responded in kind & THEN he commends me for picking up trash. I'm a commendable thief I guess.. Ridiculous.......

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    hey i was fine until the "fuck You" comment...

all i said was what if the guy went for help? hes going to come back to no springs?

notice the question marks? as in me asking you. All you had to say is it was totally screwed, rubish on the trail. IMO the original post was kinda shady... that is all

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Looks a lot of fun, why are you guys getting so butt hurt about them taking parts off a abandon/totaled truck? I bet the ones that are saying "that's wrong, and unethical" would have done the same. That's my .02

5. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Well I'm sorry for the "fuck you" ( & that "fuck you" was for the MOD too )but I sure as hell wasn't going to say "thank you" for your blanket statement assuming I'd roll up on someones mis -fortune & start stripping his ride, your insinuation was obvious , how would you respond ? & respectfully ,you & the MOD were the ones "judging me" not the other way around & I did say the truck was rolled & wrecked about 8 sentences in on the first "shady" post

Hey Krimson it was a really fun trail & ask anyone in san diego or ask anyone who's wheeled with me & they'll say " Oh yeah that guy will temporarily stop on a run & pick up trash"

I ain't sayin' shit about the old tires & stripped out cars we drug out of Sloan canyon, I'll be looking at grand theft auto accusations....:rolleyes:

6. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
  7. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    from the original post, i picked up that it was a rolled/abandoned truck, which happens a lot in So Cal... a lot of folks would rather dump the truck then go through the trouble of having it towed out...

we see these trucks all the time in the remote areas... they tend to get left out there to rot and corrode as it would just cost too much to salvage and tow out...

the original post may not have been so detailed as to describe the exact condition of the dilapidated truck, but i am sure Doug would have said he stole the leaf springs on the truck had he been aware that it was a recently rolled truck... then again, had he stripped a truck that looked to be in condition of recovering, i doubt he would have said anything online if his intent was to steal...

8. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Might as well, seeing how my TW membership is up for banishment now because I'm a thieving enviromentalist.... :rolleyes:

9. Nov 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Thank you

10. Nov 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    ok then, i guess my bad... not used to seeing abandoned vehicles from where im from... imo it sounded like the truck had just rolled onto its roof. i didnt know how long it was out there, condition, etc. From the OP it seemed like he nabbed them to sell them or something. All i said is that i wouldnt take them and i think its wrong to take them and i think its bad to take things off of a truck, abandoned or not if it doesnt belong to you... 2 cents

If you rolled your truck and got f'd up and had to be air lifted etc. how pissed would you be to come back to a clean frame and some busted glass fenders... to me its a bit unethical...

11. Nov 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    true, but if you got airlifted out due to an accident, the rangers would have the truck pulled out shortly thereafter and send you a $5,000 bill for the tow and impound, then a $15,000 bill for the airlift...

if you look through our pics of our semi annual Mojave run, you will see pics of abandoned mobile homes, cars, and rolled trucks just left out to corrode...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nov 21, 2010 at 2:34 AM
    creeper

creeper Well-Known Member

Member:
    So you're saying that you took the springs as a good deed to help clean up the area? I think it's great that you took lots of garbage out of there as well, but trying to include the springs as part of the trash...really? Why can't you admit you took the springs because of their value? Referencing your first post about leaving them out there to rust: if they had already rusted, would you still have taken them? Let's be realistic here.

13. Nov 21, 2010 at 3:30 AM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Where in hell did you get that impression that taking those springs was a good deed ? Look, me filling up the bed of my truck with the trash that real careless fucks mindlessly throw out & leave behind is nothing new for me or those who trail run with me, obviously my wording was a little cocky , none the less ,my truck already had trash in it from me & Mike stopping along this trail picking it up.

Admit to what ? Hey , we came upon an obliviously rolled/wrecked/ABANDONED shell of a truck that had to have been there for at least 6 months judging from the accumilation dried mud in & around the now upside down cab. It had 3 bent shocks & a set of decent leafs on the rear. It ain't a good deed but it sure as hell isn't theft either. Value you say ? Yeah Value if you own a Chevy I don't but a few members in my area are & maybe someone who needs some but can't afford them can benefit, I even said if anyone needs some chevy springs to hit me up I never said or implied that $$$$ was involved & even if a little rusty if they're still in good order I'd still taken them off, but for now on I will stick to just picking up trash & leave any perfectly good auto parts,left behind tools, $20 bills etc; behind. I've been nothing but "real" . I don't have to explain or defend myself here although I feel compelled to do so, those who know me here know my moral character & ethics I'm not perfect but I don't dig being implicated as a thief either Yeah your right a few need to get real alright:rolleyes:

14. Nov 21, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think there is a lot of miscommunication and BS in this thread. Time for everyone to move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top