Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anderson TT Today

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Anderson TT Today

Me & Mike (05offroad) went to his local stompin' grounds today.

Although most of it is not too bad & do-able, the bad parts we hit today were pretty nasty perpendicular deep ruts that required a little thinking as to approach. We even found a newer full sized Chevy DBL cab 4x4 that had rolled & left for dead, but we couldn't just leave that beautifully arced
set of leaf springs to rust, so 10 mins. later we did leave... with them in the back of my truck. Sooooo if anyone knows anyone else with a Chevy & needs a fresh set let me know, more pics to follow

By these first 2 pics, one must wonder.... Who is pulling Whom

Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Well considering I was just laid off today, I will have plenty of time to go out and explore with you guys. That looked like you had fun!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
any pics of the Chevy on its side???

Old 11-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Pics! Looks like fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Gangster status

Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
what if the guy left to get help? hes gonna come back to missing springs?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Anderson Truck trail is where I used to mtn bike along the mtn side next to the lake. That was fun. I can only imagine a truck. Let's go next time. If we get stuck, I'll bike us down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Well considering I was just laid off today, I will have plenty of time to go out and explore with you guys. That looked like you had fun!
Sorry to hear.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me & Mike (05offroad) went to his local stompin' grounds today.

Although most of it is not too bad & do-able, the bad parts we hit today were pretty nasty perpendicular deep ruts that required a little thinking as to approach. We even found a newer full sized Chevy DBL cab 4x4 that had rolled & left for dead, but we couldn't just leave that beautifully arced
set of leaf springs to rust, so 10 mins. later we did leave... with them in the back of my truck. Sooooo if anyone knows anyone else with a Chevy & needs a fresh set let me know, more pics to follow

By these first 2 pics, one must wonder.... Who is pulling Whom
Wow! You openly admit to stealing some one's property? Congratulations you've just brought your membership on TW into question.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Hey I'm sorry to hear that Brian, yeah you should get out with us, haven't seen you in a long time bro' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
any pics of the Chevy on its side???

I was too busy pulling the springs to take pics sorry dude, it was late model (maybe 2008? ) Chevy dbl cab 4x that when it stopped rolling it was on its roof.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nice Pics! Looks like fun

Thanks Connor, yeah the trails are pretty tight, alot of fun

Gangster status
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
what if the guy left to get help? hes gonna come back to missing springs?
Bro', this guy didn't just break down & started walking for help !! LOLOL, I didn't watch him walk away & tell Mike "Quick, let's get his springs before he gets back" Its been there for a few months at leasst & had been worked over pretty good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
Alright! More pics! Was there plenty of bumper smackage?
They're coming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Anderson Truck trail is where I used to mtn bike along the mtn side next to the lake. That was fun. I can only imagine a truck. Let's go next time. If we get stuck, I'll bike us down.

Yeah, there were 3 guys pedaling their ass's off up the hill...
Sorry to hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecYrpQhp6Q?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUKKBMlOqw?version=3

Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
my philosophy, if its not yours, don't touch it...

pretty shitty there are that many people without a conscience to "work over" a truck.

Just my 2 cents...

Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pretty shitty there are that many people without a conscience to "work over" a truck.
Unless he is paying it forward?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I was too busy pulling the springs to take pics sorry dude, it was late model (maybe 2008? ) Chevy dbl cab 4x that when it stopped rolling it was on its roof.....
Best guess is the vehicle was stolen and destroyed. Instead of taking the VIN down and calling the authorities to report it you chose to steal the leaf springs off of it and continue on.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #13
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Best guess is the vehicle was stolen and destroyed. Instead of taking the VIN down and calling the authorities to report it you chose to steal the leaf springs off of it and continue on.
You are really annoying. Just sayin.

Looks like a fun trail to hit up when i get back.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #14

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
You are really annoying. Just sayin.

Looks like a fun trail to hit up when i get back.

think about it... how would they ever get the truck out of there now? if it was a stolen truck that was rolled if the first person was to call authorities with the vin, the truck could have been righted and towed. removing wheels or suspension now itll be a major PITA to remove...

I think its annoying that people dont care...

Old 11-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #15
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
think about it... how would they ever get the truck out of there now? if it was a stolen truck that was rolled if the first person was to call authorities with the vin, the truck could have been righted and towed. removing wheels or suspension now itll be a major PITA to remove...

I think its annoying that people dont care...
I understand what you guys are saying. My comment was an "in general" about him IMO.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my philosophy, if its not yours, don't touch it...

Just my 2 cents...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post

You 2 just wait a fucking second before casting your opinions which you are entitled to.. My statement above about being too busy to take pics was intended to be sarcastic to the guy saying "What if he went for help" ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! Those Goddamned things were hanging there just like the shocks were & that was all that was left besides the gutted twisted remnants of a body STEAL THEM !! So I'm a thief for picking them up just like the half a truckload of trash & garbage & misc. shit I loaded along the way of our little trail run ( Just like I do on most our runs, ask anyone & YOU can take that to the bank !! ) I , sir respectively say Fuck You....

Old 11-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
On second thought, you guys are right, FIRST thing tomorrow I'm going back out there, putting the springs back & then I'm going to toss out every other thing "I STOLE" I'm sure our beautiful back country will look better with all that plastic, couple old diapers,beer bottles,cans etc;

I should've been more clear on what I was doing but you guys make way too many assumptions, whens the last time either of you made it a "trail & trash day " ?? I do, ask S.D.O.R.C.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #18

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Hey 4wd, if you don't mind could you send me info of where this trail is? I would like to run it when I come back.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #19

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You 2 just wait a fucking second before casting your opinions which you are entitled to.. My statement above about being too busy to take pics was intended to be sarcastic to the guy saying "What if he went for help" ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! Those Goddamned things were hanging there just like the shocks were & that was all that was left besides the gutted twisted remnants of a body STEAL THEM !! So I'm a thief for picking them up just like the half a truckload of trash & garbage & misc. shit I loaded along the way of our little trail run ( Just like I do on most our runs, ask anyone & YOU can take that to the bank !! ) I , sir respectively say Fuck You....
who lit the fuse on your tampon? maybe aliens forgot to remove their probe?

Just saying its pretty nuts that there was a newer chevy and anyone could assume its ok to salvage parts off it... just stating my ethics and i dont think its right to "take". I do commend you for picking up trash but fail to see how that justifies take the leaves

I broke a tie rod on my last truck and went for help, came back and someone took my hilift... even left a note "thanks for the jack"

Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #20
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
hahah Doug... you well versed gangsta... hahahahah

parts or not, it would cost $2,500+ to tow the truck out...

somebody will make their money getting that truck out of there...

Closed Thread