Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

interested in a off road meet in Jan 2011

Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
socalcrf450r is on a distinguished road
socalcrf450r's Tacoma Gallery
interested in a off road meet in Jan 2011

Hi guys, its been a while since i posted. I Went on a taco meet last year at ocotillo wells and had a blast. I was curious of there is one planned already, but i would be interested in doing a meet in January of 2011. any one else interested?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Bro' there is ALWAYS interest in doing a run for me, we got the one coming up but may need to slip in a shake down prerun before !!

Are old guys with 1st gens. allowed ?? The last couple I've done there was talk of me going too slow & holding everyone up, I mean I'm practically a senior citizen now, I don't want to be in anyones way...
Old 12-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
I could definitely use a good prerun before our big weekend in Jan. I was doing some searching on dirtopia.com and found Santa Ysabel Creek Trail:

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Santa_Ysabel_Creek_Trail if time permits, I'm planning on scoping this one out this weekend- slow and steady though since I'll probably be alone... unless a TWF member joins me?

And, Doug! I prefer going slow as opposed to going fast- let's me take in the scenery that I always miss and allows for good judgement! Slow and Steady FTW!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I could definitely use a good prerun before our big weekend in Jan. I was doing some searching on dirtopia.com and found Santa Ysabel Creek Trail:

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Santa_Ysabel_Creek_Trail if time permits, I'm planning on scoping this one out this weekend- slow and steady though since I'll probably be alone... unless a TWF member joins me?

And, Doug! I prefer going slow as opposed to going fast- let's me take in the scenery that I always miss and allows for good judgement! Slow and Steady FTW!

Greg, the road you speak of is Black Canyon, its a county service access road that you can catch by going all the way to the end of Magnolia (not in El Cajon) in Ramona (its right across from that store that used to be called Hi-Way Market) Just go til you run out of pavement & continue on, the road is easy for a pass. car but is DG, narrow & steep on the sides, blind corners, nice scenery though, it comes out near Santa ysabel/ Mesa Grande indian res.

& I was making a joke about the "holding people up" never been accused of that.. Everyone has their own pace ya know, I'm as comfortable at 6 mph as I am at 60 mph.......
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need this truck to last!

I can keep up :-D
don't speak too soon... you're welcome to come join our crew for some desert wheeling... trust me, you will grow a pair with us...

Old 12-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
don't speak too soon... you're welcome to come join our crew for some desert wheeling... trust me, you will grow a pair with us...

Hahahaha !! True DAT !! & sooner or later you'll love the 3 wheel polka Gregster ....

Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #14
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol yeah- you see; it's pictures like that- they make me go, "Holy shit that looks cool." But if I saw me truck in those situations, I'd soil myself.
just stock up on some Depends...

Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha! While wheeling with you guys, I'd better do just that.

When we went to Pine Valley recently, I don't know if that was mud on my pants or something else when I got out of my truck!
Greg? Aren't you going to go to the Bangin Burgers Meet and greet in Miramar this Sat with all of us?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bangin Burgers on Miramar Road at 11 a.m.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...11-2010-a.html
Oh yeah! Good to see your gonna make it. And hopefully Martha can make it as well. This is a good opportunity for you to meet some new faces as well.

@Gabe! Sure hope that you can make it out?