Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Powder coating in SD

Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #21
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Subscribed

May want to bronze my wheels once I get tired of the black!

Question on my wheels I have little chromed rivets. Is there a way to just powdercoat those little rivets? They look like they are screwed on and have a hex head. Wheel looks like this:

Are the rivets actually metal? I may be mistaken but I believe they are painted chrome plastic. So not sure if powder coating or anodizing would work.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnall4u View Post
Are the rivets actually metal? I may be mistaken but I believe they are painted chrome plastic. So not sure if powder coating or anodizing would work.
Thought they were metal, haven't gotten a chance to check it out.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #23
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, for me to coat it, it would neet to be metal.

TRUST me... I tried coating plastic..

I actually got it to stick, but it melted in the oven.. hahaha

Anno needs metal too.

BTW, thanks for the bump!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #24
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will be swinging buy to drop off my Devil horns emblem for that bronze treatment in the next week or so. Got to start finding other things on the truck to get coated, the UCA's are beautiful!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #25
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I am actually running that color this week, so let me know!

BTW, powder coating is just like a good drug... Just one hit and you are hooked!

You start looking around your house and vehicles for random shit to get coated.

Hahaha
Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #26
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
Well I am actually running that color this week, so let me know!

BTW, powder coating is just like a good drug... Just one hit and you are hooked!

You start looking around your house and vehicles for random shit to get coated.

Hahaha
What day do you need it by?

I'll be up in that area getting my new suspension installed at The Truck Shop later this week.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #27

Whenever, Just give me a call on my cell when you are gonna be around.

Doug isnt there anymore, so I dont have anyone there during the day.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
Whenever, Just give me a call on my cell when you are gonna be around.

Doug isnt there anymore, so I dont have anyone there during the day.
PM me your cell number. It will probably be either tomorrow or Wednesday when I go up.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
PMed for some potential work...
Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how well powder coating holds up on coil springs.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #31
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I wonder how well powder coating holds up on coil springs.
They are powdercoated from the factory. How do your springs look now?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #32
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
They are powdercoated from the factory. How do your springs look now?
Well, I'm getting new ones in a few months.

Don't know if they'll be red or black from the factory.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #33
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Well, I'm getting new ones in a few months.

Don't know if they'll be red or black from the factory.
Andrew will sandblast the existing off and put whatever color you want on them. Blue or red will will awesome on your ride.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #34

Yep, I powder coat a ton of springs. I just did a set for a rally car, he called me up after his race just to tell me that he has had his springs coated 3 other times and the ones I did looked like they were still new, he was stoked!!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #35
kami is on a distinguished road
Name: Afshin
kami's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTanner View Post
what do you get on a set of trd off-road stock wheels...black?
Same
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd for price quote....thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnall4u View Post
PM'd for price quote....thanks.

PM replied!!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #38
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for later use...

and free bump...
Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #40
BuckNasty will become famous soon enoughBuckNasty will become famous soon enough

BuckNasty's Tacoma Gallery
How much for the stock skidplate to get powdercoated?