Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Powder coating in SD

Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Powder coating in SD

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to throw this out there. I own Triad Powdercoating and have a lot of experience coating off road parts and products. I do all the powder coating for ASC as well as North of the Border bikes, Deeps Garage, Pann Auto, and AutoFashion.

I stock all the "normal" colors as well as a lot of the crazy colors that most people didn't even know powder could do like illusions, pearls, flakes, and wrinkles.

And just so you know, I really do have a Tacoma. Haha

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Drew
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Misplaced Texan
JTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Military Corrections
JTanner's Tacoma Gallery
what do you get on a set of trd off-road stock wheels...black?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTanner View Post
PMed!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome. Glad you're here. There is a good representation of Tacoma owners on this site from San Diego. I'm sure you'll earn some business. You should post some pictures in your galley or on this thread. Pics go a long way here.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #5

Cool, thanks for the suggestion! I will add some pictures today.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
kyl57es is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
kyl57es's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I would like to knowe the samething to.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Do you do any chrome-looking powdercoat? I sprayed my skid plate with the reflective chrome powder and it turned out pretty legit.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Do you do any chrome-looking powdercoat? I sprayed my skid plate with the reflective chrome powder and it turned out pretty legit.
Yep. I have 2 different "chrome" coatings. I did a Glock slide in the one from Columbia Coatings and it came out dope.
Attached Thumbnails
Powder coating in SD-glockslide.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl57es View Post
I would like to knowe the samething to.

PMed!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #10

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics- I will get some better ones once my girlfriend returns the camera....

Let me know if you guys have any more questions!

Drew
Attached Thumbnails
Powder coating in SD-truck3.jpg   Powder coating in SD-truck4.jpg   Powder coating in SD-truck2.jpg   Powder coating in SD-shop1.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Just what I may need soon. Thinking of getting some 19" Forgestar F14 soon. How much to do set of 4 in matte black?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #13

Well since there have been a lot of people asking, I will just post some pricing on here.

I got nothin to hide! haha

My normal price for a set of 16-17 inch wheels in a standard color- ie. black, white, silver, gold, is $80 bucks a wheel.

I will create a TW discount to anyone on here of 20% off, making the wheels $64 bucks each.

More exotic colors like candys or MAG Blue are normally more like $100-$120 a wheel, with the TW discount of 20%, they would be $80-$96 a wheel.

Let me know if you need any other quotes!

Drew
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #14
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
My normal price for a set of 16-17 inch wheels in a standard color- ie. black, white, silver, gold, is $80 bucks a wheel.

I will create a TW discount to anyone on here of 20% off, making the wheels $64 bucks each.

Drew
Hey Drew,
A couple of questions for you on that...
1) Is this assuming we would simply drop off the rim?
2) What would happen if we pull up in the vehicle we wish to have the rim worked on? Do you guys have the means to take them off? If so, I'm sure there's got to be an additional charge.
3) What about the tire pressure monitoring system... any interference?
4) Warranty / Guarantee?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Hey Drew,
A couple of questions for you on that...
1) Is this assuming we would simply drop off the rim? Yes. Technically I do have the tools to remove the wheel from the car, BUT I don't have a spot to put the car once the wheels are off. The property managers where my shop is are pretty dickish on that. Also, the tire needs to be removed from the wheel. I can take them to Discount Tire and have them taken off, but you would need to cover the cost. Customers typically just bring me the wheels off the car and tireless.
2) What would happen if we pull up in the vehicle we wish to have the rim worked on? Do you guys have the means to take them off? If so, I'm sure there's got to be an additional charge. Please see the answer of #1.
3) What about the tire pressure monitoring system... any interference? No, the sensor needs to be removed before I work on the wheel. I can do this, or you can. Keep in mind that 90% of all wheels are powder coated, so it wont mess with the TPS. I do a lot of BMW wheels and they all have the TPS on them, and have had no issues.
4) Warranty / Guarantee? Well I usually offer a 1 year warranty on any of my work, but even if its longer than that, I would still help you out.
Please see my answers in blue. Hope this answers your questions and let me know if you have any others!

Drew
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #16
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed

May want to bronze my wheels once I get tired of the black!

Question on my wheels I have little chromed rivets. Is there a way to just powdercoat those little rivets? They look like they are screwed on and have a hex head. Wheel looks like this:

Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #17

You mean you want to powder coat the heads of the rivets/screws?

You could,but the coating might fill in where the driver would go.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #18
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
You mean you want to powder coat the heads of the rivets/screws?

You could,but the coating might fill in where the driver would go.
Ok I see

What type of coating would you reccomend? Annodizing? Are you familiar with any places here in SD?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #19

Yep, I would anno. There is a place in Miramar that I have heard does a good job. Let me try and find the card.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
Rompin Around

Bump for a great shop!!