Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need to Borrow/buy SWR Meter for CB install

Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Need to Borrow/buy SWR Meter for CB install

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have an SWR meter I can borrow for my cb install tomorrow. I checked all the local outlets today an no one has them in stock. Frys in MV and SM both said they had them but when I drove there they "mysteriously" couldnt find them. I would just order one online, but I need to get it tuned so its ready for my trip on thursday.

Please someone help!

Thanks in advance.

-Adam
Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
Where in San Diego
Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am up near UCSD by the 5/805 interchange.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Retrofit Club!

Damn, thanks for the offer, if all else falls through I may install and then drive up to tune it since I am heading up that way anyway.

Really appreciate it.

Bump for someone a little closer!

TIA
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Retrofit Club!

BUMP
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Whats that for?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
Retrofit Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Whats that for?
tuning my cb
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Retrofit Club!

BUMP, i have a 6 pack of coors lite with your name on it. LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #10
Retrofit Club!

before bed bump!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #12
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I smell that 6 pack of Corona! I'm in Chula Vista. I can help by giving it to my wife who works in the Clairemont/Kearny Mesa area for you to borrow. I even have the extra cable you would need to tune it. Let me know. Better yet PM me if you need my help. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
Retrofit Club!

Firestik all the way
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
im sure there is a radio shack near buy ...there only 35 40 bucks
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
Retrofit Club!

Radio shack no longer carries them in store due to lack of sales. There are 3 within 5 minutes from me sadly
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #17
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
any truck stops near by....they usually have lots of cb stuff
Old 12-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
I am in need of such device as well. But I have to get an Antenna and coax first. Any recommendations for an antenna?
There is a PILOT store by my work in OTAY MESA Randy that sells them. I can price it for you and let you know. Paypal it to me and I'll use that to buy it. Let me know. Otherwise there is a place in El Cajon that sells them too. Don't remember the name, but they are across the street from PG series. I think SoCalMan22 (Steve) would know. He's been there.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
Retrofit Club!

The store out in el cajon with antennas is audio plus
Old 12-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #20
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
Firestik all the way
Thats what I was looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
There is a PILOT store by my work in OTAY MESA Randy that sells them. I can price it for you and let you know. Paypal it to me and I'll use that to buy it. Let me know. Otherwise there is a place in El Cajon that sells them too. Don't remember the name, but they are across the street from PG series. I think SoCalMan22 (Steve) would know. He's been there.
Thanx Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
The store out in el cajon with antennas is audio plus
Might have to check this out.