Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Palomar Divide Rd Day trip

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Palomar Divide Rd Day trip

Palomar Divide Road Day Trip

CANCELED Sorry everyone. I just took a trip to see if the Rd was open and it is in fact closed. I'm not sure when it's going to be open.
I'm planning on running up Palomar Divide Rd. in Warner Springs this Saturday (Jan 22). Trying to determine best time. Its an easy trail and has awesome views. I talked to a few people at the superstition meet about it and decided to throw it out there. If anyone of you guys or gals wants to make a run with me let me know. I figure we could meet up at the 15 & 79 freeway park and ride and then head out from there.

Update: For those who wanna go and like photography this would be a good trail to bring your camera. A lot of photo oppertunities.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
I have to take my grandma to the airport at 11
Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
is it easy enough for 4x2's or is more for 4x4? Have you ever been up this trail? I am interested I live right down the road from where you are meeting up.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnwarrior1 View Post
is it easy enough for 4x2's or is more for 4x4? Have you ever been up this trail? I am interested I live right down the road from where you are meeting up.
Its 4x2 friendly and I haven't been up it but I've looked it up and I've read that its a fun trail to take.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
how long is the trail
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnwarrior1 View Post
how long is the trail
From what I've read its 22.1 miles.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
If I don't have to work I might go
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
Palomar Divide Road Day Trip

I'm planning on running up Palomar Divide Rd. in Warner Springs this Saturday (Jan 22). Trying to determine best time. Its an easy trail and has awesome views. I talked to a few people at the superstition meet about it and decided to throw it out there. If anyone of you guys or gals wants to make a run with me let me know. I figure we could meet up at the 15 & 79 freeway park and ride and then head out from there.

You Know we are down for it bro!

Lets start a list for it!

1. TmecTaco(Adam)
2. RecklessTaco(Matt)
Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Is it Palomar Divide rd? Or is it called the Main Divide Rd.
Palomar divide road. Main divide is another trail north off if Ortega hwy.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #13
kyl57es is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
kyl57es's Tacoma Gallery
IT might be closed till the spring.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl57es View Post
IT might be closed till the spring.
Really? I'll try and find out for sure.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not necesarily true! sometimes they dont update the map for a mont or so! some of those trails that are listed closed in the descanso area are in fact open. Hopefully Adam can find uot for us as we live further away then he does! But if it is there are plenty of trails on that list that we havent conqured yet

I will try and pick up a cleveland national forest map of the trails and we can pick one or we can have a Mod day at my house so we can install my new Total Chaos Uca's, Ill priovide the beer, and when we are through we can hit up a local trail in my neck of the woods its totally up to you guys?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Man you guys and your lists. Let me know what it is like. If it is anything like Bee Canyon Rd in Hemet(my sig) I'll do this trail with you guys for the next run.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I did this trail back in 2006. Good times. Great views.

1. TmecTaco(Adam)
2. RecklessTaco(Matt)
3.Gregero (Greg) I love new trails!!!
4. MrGrimm (Dean)
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I could go but I am loaded with homework this weekend. Maybe some other time.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #20
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The Nate Harrison Grade is a nice ride... Pauma Valley to the top... Took my '10 up there last year at the first snow... Used A-TRAC in the thick stuff!

Here are some 2006 pics: