Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Annual Spring Mojave Run 2011

Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Annual Spring Mojave Run 2011

We are planning our annual Spring Mojave Run...

The run is officially weekend of 4/2

There should be at least 4 regular tacomas on this run...

1. In2Nite
2. Johnnie
3. EdCal
4. MikesDoubleCab

All are welcome on this 2 day trek through the Mojave Desert from Barstow/Calico to Primm, NV...

Minimum of Mid-Travel suspension is suggested... Prerunner and 4x4 friendly...

Race radio/HAM communication is greatly recommended (or handheld MURS radio)

Amber dust lights are REQUIRED...

Camping/wheeling experience NOT required...

Last Fall's run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWsIlA6WrM

What to bring...

What to bring
- Race radio
- GPS
- Map of Mojave Desert
- 10 gallons extra gas
- Firewood
- Matches/lighters
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Lanterns/flashlights
- Food/drink to last 3 days
- Toilet paper
- Camera
- Spare parts
- Full size spare tire (at least 1)
- Set of wrenches in Standard and Metric
- At least $20 in cash in small denominations (for campgrounds)
- First aid kit

************************************************** ********************************
6am - Valero on Main Street in Hesperia for some reasonably priced gas

6:45am - McDonalds at Barstow Station on Main Street after Hwy 40 for last minute supplies

7am - SHARP - roll out to trails

APPROXIMATIONS ONLY

Trail Start -
+34° 57' 35.15", -116° 38' 39.17"

Afton Canyon Campgrounds and Water Crossings
+35° 2' 16.52", -116° 23' 4.25"

Hole in the Wall Campgrounds (Our Overnight Spot)
+35° 2' 45.50", -115° 23' 37.35"

Nipton
+35° 28' 0.71", -115° 16' 6.90"

Destination
Back of Buffalo Bill Hotel
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I can't do 3/26 but I'm good with 4/2 or 4/9. Let's roll.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
this is right around the time my buddy is gonna be back on leave from the stan and we were planning on hitting this up anyways. i hope it work out that he'll be here when this happens... otherwise i guess i'll just have to go twice. as of right now all 3 of those weekends work for me.

count me in
Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im down, Once a date is set it will be a sure thing
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
subbed... looks like fun...
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i'm going to start shopping to make i have my truck more than ready for this trip.

mike, i need to you point me in the direction of a quality race radio at a decent price

thanks brotha
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i'm going to start shopping to make i have my truck more than ready for this trip.

mike, i need to you point me in the direction of a quality race radio at a decent price

thanks brotha
x2

I'm going to try and make it.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

thanks brotha
PM sent...

Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Most of us have Icom V8000 which is about $229 from the Ham Radio Outlet in Anaheim. For an antenna I have the Larsen NMO150BK which was $55. It's mounted on my roof with an NMO mount.

I did a lot of research on mounting antennas and mounting them on your roof is the way to go.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If i can get my hands on a cheap race radio, then i would be down 3/26 is my birthday, so it would be nice to run it on that weekend but any date you set will be fine! Picking up so Total Chaos Uca's todya and installing them, so i will be ready for some fun in the dezert
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #11

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I've done this run without a race radio but it's definitely beneficial to have one.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I've done this run without a race radio but it's definitely beneficial to have one.
roger that, thanks for the info fellas. a radio is high on my crap to buy list
Old 01-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #14
LT Chase Truck

For those who don't want to invest in a race radio PM me for an affordable alternative.
While its not mandatory it really does help to stay in the loop when the faster trucks are mobbing ahead and calling out hazards.

it could mean the difference between having fun and breaking something.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
For those who don't want to invest in a race radio PM me for an affordable alternative.
While its not mandatory it really does help to stay in the loop when the faster trucks are mobbing ahead and calling out hazards.

it could mean the difference between having fun and breaking something.
I hate to say this but for Mojave I think you'd be more frustrated with a CB and at $200 for a decent radio you would enter the realm of real communications.

Mike I may do a 4wd version of this trip. We should talk.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
LT Chase Truck

hey Paul... good shiz...

when were you planning to do your 4x4 run?

if same weekend, maybe we can all camp out at Hole in the Wall...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #17

just talking with my buddy and like i said i'm doing this when he gets back wiht him and some of our friends... if this trip stays planned for 4/2 then i wont be able to make it. i'll be going then next weekend or the weekend after.

just saying...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna go! If i get a couple things fixed by that time, im still fixing little things from my rut adventure
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
i can do 4/2 shouldn't cost to much to make it. Gotta save some money for vegas on my bday
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
i can do 4/2 shouldn't cost to much to make it. Gotta save some money for vegas on my bday
you gonna head to vegas once we get to state line...?

thats my plan